Nine (Almost Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER NINE

 


“Yong DJ is back in the airwaves this beautiful Wednesday evening bringing you once again nothing but good music, sweet talk and pure fun. How was your exam week? Mine was a tough one, but I think I managed. I hope all of us did well... I know some of you are not done with the test yet, so my wish for you.... hwaiting!”

After that greeting, he started playing songs. Seo Hyun rested her head on the back of her hand as she lied on her stomach. After a few days, it was as if nothing happened, they were back to normal. She smiled thinking about that time when she first witnessed how he was when he's jealous. Somehow, it made her feel good thinking that he would be jealous if she would be with other man. Before, she could not understand when Yoona would tell her how Khun would get jealous if she would be talking to her other guy friends or even classmates. Instead of being upset, she would be all happy about it since she said it only proves that he really loves her. 

Being in a relationship would make them both possessive of each other. What if she would see him all touchy and close to a girl? She slapped her cheeks lightly with the thoughts building on her mind so she took her highlighter and started focusing on her book.

Suddenly, her phone rang that she hurriedly turned off the radio.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hyun...”

“Oppa...” she giggled when he laughed.

“Hyun, you should start calling me Yong Oppa now...”

“Waeyo?”

“Just because...” 

She stopped herself from laughing when he sounded to be whining.

“Hyun...???”

“Yong Oppa?” she almost laughed.

“There, much better.”

“I really don't get it...”

“At least we have something unique to call each other.”

“Why do we need that?”

“Aish! You are asking too much.”

“I'm sorry...” she grinned and felt playful, “Are you at work now?”

“You know what? You should start opening that radio and tuning in to me, for you to know.”

“But Oppa, I'm busy studying.”

“Hmmm... maybe I could accept that reason that I would end up as a distraction on your studies. Am I?”

“I don't know...”

“Aigoo... okay, I called to tell you to go to sleep already.”

“Can I ask why?”

He chuckled, “Yeah, you can.”

“Waeyo?”

“Because I will pick you up around four later, I need to show you something...”

“But that's too early!”

“I know, but I can't show you that something any other time than four. Okay?”

“Okay then,” she answered but still unsure.

“Don't worry, I'll give you a ring before I drive to your place.” 

After he hung up, she turned the radio on again and continued studying. It has become a part of her weeknights to listen to his radio show and Yoona wasn't making any fuss about it anymore nor does her mom. The songs he was playing and even those requested by his listeners were enjoyable so it was not a bother when she was studying.

She felt excited thinking where he would be taking her again considering how early it was. Perhaps to watch the sunrise. The thought excited her some more. It has been a long time seen she has seen the real sunrise. It was when her dad took them for a hiking trip and he woke her really early to see the sun.

It was so magical as her dad carried her on his shoulders with her mom standing beside them. That was when her Appa asked what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be a diplomat and tell the world how beautiful Korea is. Seo Hyun still carries that dream and one day she would be one. Maybe after she finished her course, she would go to graduate school to pursue her dream. 

She laughed at herself when she realized that she was teary eyed again. Maybe she should stop those thoughts. Funny how old memories could still make her cry. Her mom would be the one totally hurt by it since she doesn't even mention the past anymore. They say that time heals all wounds and she hoped that her mom's has been healed already.

But hers won't matter. She convinced herself.

Seo Hyun shook her head and focused on the book in front of her and after an hour or so, she was able to finish what was there to do. The night was getting deeper and her sleepiness was almost on its peak so she decided to tidy her things up before she sleep on them again.

“We are now on the last thirty minutes of our show, and I hope you are still with me. Later I will be reading the last messages of the evening and play my last song. But for now, I want to play this one that reminds me of someone. This song is somehow old but this is one of the first songs that come into my mind when I think of a pretty picture. Anyway, so much said... here it is... Joh-ah Joh-ah by Seo Yeong Eun.” 

Seo Hyun laid on her back and closed her eyes. She remembered that song very well, heard it a couple of times before but now it sounded so new to her. The lyrics were so beautiful that she could not help but hum with it. 

She was asleep even before the song finished.

~~~

He brushed his bare palms together and laid them on his cheeks. The morning mist enveloped the street as cold breeze seemed to settle on its heart. But he wasn't really sure as thick clouds overhead seemed to warn a yet again morning rain. He yawned a couple of times for the almost lack of sleep. Maybe he was just too excited for that 'date' that he wasn't able to sleep well. It would be worth it, he reminded himself. He looked up when the main door opened.

Finally, Yong Hwa watched as she seemed to be skipping from those few steps of their building. She was wearing that happy smile early that morning despite the damp cold. Her hair was tied down in a ponytail swinging sideways as she moved. Wearing her blue jacket and sweat pants, she looked like one of those early morning joggers.

“Good morning...” she yelped with glee when she reached him. 

Seo Hyun was still struggling with the zipper of her jacket so he shook his head and took both her hands. The action surprised her that she stood there just looking at him while he playfully placed her arms on her sides and took the zipper himself to zip her up to her chin. She wrinkled her nose and pouted while pulling down the zipper just on the right spot below her neck.

“Good morning,” he then grinned patting her head and looked at her from head to toe, “Hmmm... you look like you're going for a jog.”

“Aren't we?”

“Of course!” he laughed. He, himself was wearing something almost the same as hers except that he just wrapped the jacket around his waist just a little above his jogging pants. He was somehow used to the cold as he was only wearing a white shirt, “The weather forecast says that we’re going to have a sunny day today and it's gonna be a little sunny later.”

“That's good news then,” she smiled as he buckled her helmet.

“Did you tell your mom?” He inquired while putting on his jacket and his helmet after.

“I left her a note on the kitchen.”

“I should have told you earlier so you could tell her personally.”

“It's okay, I guess.”

“You say so. Ready?” He mounted his bike when she nodded and waited for her, “We're all set. Hang on tight!”

“What hang on tight? You be careful, please!”

“Arasso!” He grinned. 

After the night he made a fool of himself, Yonghwa became extra conscious of what he says avoiding any event that would cause her to feel annoyed again. Although, he wanted to see her irate expression, he set that thought aside since he shouldn't be too sure that she will say yes to him. He wickedly smiled to himself with that force Seohyun was putting on his waist as he sped away. One proof that he advanced on his status on her was that she found comfort in holding on by his waist when she is riding with him. That was only occasional when he would be running faster than she wanted him but she would not complain during the trip and complain after.

So now, Yong Hwa was speeding fast that he could feel her body moving a little closer to his. He was not taking advantage instead it was more of a tease. He finally maneuvered normally when her grip was getting tighter. It was also too cold for him to drive fast.

Almost a quarter before five that they reached one solitary park by the Hangang Bridge. Since the view of the sunrise isn't well-defined on that place, almost no one would go there early in the morning so he decided to take her there. Solitude is the place's secret weapon and that is exactly what Yong Hwa wanted her to feel. The serenity could somehow hint comfort and security for her. Because today was the day he decided to finally ask her to be his girlfriend.

“This is beautiful...” Seo Hyun sighed walking ahead of him and making herself familiar to the place.

“It’s your first time here?” He walked behind giving her a comfortable distance.

“Yeah... I didn't even have any idea that this place exist.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter