Sixteen (Almost Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 16


The very first time you said my name
I knew it would never sound the same
Something about me is changed forever
~swept away (christopher cross)



She stared up and breathed the fresh air. It was one of her favorite afternoons where she would do nothing but sit on the grass and read a book while listening to her iPod. Seo Hyun diverted her gaze towards the playground area of the park and smiled when he waved gently at her. He was playing coach to those boys again, teaching them how to catch the soccer ball with the back of their foot.

She was all worried the other day because of the whole kissing issue that happened in the car but he seemed to know how she would be feeling. He managed to joke her through it to make her feel at ease with what happened-- that it was something not to be embarrassed about but something as a sweet memory. His morning call came telling her about the sweet dream he had that she kissed him but she hurriedly argued that he lured her to it and could not do anything.

Yong Hwa laughed out loud and insisted that it was his dream not hers so she should just let it be. However, she was quick to rebut that she had her own dream but it was the other way around. Anyway, he said that he had to do a surprise one since she would surely say no and there was high probability she might ran away. Which was true, of course, she told herself. 

The kiss issue got settled eventually when he vowed to get a real one if she would really insist that she got tricked. 

It was Monday but his dad decided to just come to Seoul that Wednesday so he cajoled her to spend the afternoon at the park with him. But, that moment she was left on her own while he played. Watching him with those kids make her picture that scene where he would be playing with their own children and it made her smile. She dreamed of having that complete family someday-- something she experienced for a short while in her childhood. Scolding herself because of the direction her mind was heading to, she flipped a page and continued reading. 

A few minutes later, she looked back at the kids but noticed his absence so she carefully hid her book and took off the earpiece. She stood when she could not see him anywhere. Suddenly, a hand slipped through her waist and pulled her closer to his body. Stunned, she was about to peel those arms off her but he tightened his hold on her slim figure and rested his head on her shoulder.

“Oppa...” she whined softly while making sure nobody was paying attention to them-- especially the children.

“Hmmm... five seconds, Hyun...” he whispered, “Gimme five seconds...”

Seo Hyun smiled and gently leaned back on his chest and counted making sure she was giving a fair distance on each number, “Five... four... three... two...”

“Another five...”

She giggled softly and rolled her eyes before continuing, “Five... four... three... two... o--”

“Last five seconds, please...”

“Hey! You're being greedy!” Seo Hyun heartily laughed and took his hands to finally free herself from him. Although, she was loving the sensation of his body being close to hers every time he would initiate those backhugs, he should also learn how to control himself sometimes.

Yong Hwa pursed his lips when she turned to face him then mumbled, “Do I deserve this hug deprivation, Hyun?”

“Aigoo...” she crossed her arms to her chest and shook her head. How could she deny those puppy eyes? Seo Hyun smiled and stretched out her arms, “Come here, baby Oppa...”

Yong Hwa grinned wider and took a step closer taking her arms to put them on his shoulders and putting his own on her waist. He smiled gently first before pulling her closer to him and whispered to her ears, “You know what?”

“You love me...” Seo Hyun whispered, “I know that for a fact...”

He detached himself from her and raised his brows, “How did you know?”

“Silly...” she hit his arm playfully and sat on the grass again, “I read somewhere that people in love do crazy things and say crazy things on the slightest provocation and or even the lack thereof. And you fall on every category...”

Yong Hwa sat beside her with a grin, “Wherever you read that again? Hyun, love is an experience not a theory so please stop reading about it and let me just show it to you...”

“Aigooo...” she sighed as he shoulders dropped, “You are a hopeless case, Oppa...”

“Am I?” He winked.

“Seriously,” she rolled her eyes and opened her book again but he put his hand on it to stop her, “What now? And please not another sweet talk, I'm on the verge of puking here...”

“Oh? Don't tell you don't like them or your nose will grow.”

“Whatever...”

“Okay... okay...” he said in between laugh noticing her impatience, “Appa will come here on Wednesday and Nuna arranged dinner already. You are coming.”

Seo Hyun turned to him with a serious expression, “But Oppa, don't you think it's better if you and Unnie meet him first? It's been a long time since you have been together and I know you have so much to catch on as a family...”

“But Hyun, you are part of the family already...” he insisted then took her hands, “Don't be nervous okay? You passed the crucial test when you met my sister, my dad is just the bonus round.”

“Are you sure?” She questioned.

“Yes, I am sure and everything will be okay. I will be there, there's no reason for you to feel nervous or anything. It's not like your life is going to have that drastic change when you meet Appa...”

She anxiously smiled, assuring herself that there was really nothing to worry about, like what he said, it was not something that could bring a drastic change. Seo Hyun laughed softly when he wrinkled his nose, “Okay... sorry for being so paranoid. But there's still something I must worry about...”

“Aigoo, Hyun. You--”

Seo Hyun put a finger on his lips, “Something to wear to dinner. I must worry about that, right?”

“Well,” he chuckled as he took her hand off his lips, “Do you want me to worry about that too?”

“Hmmm...” she twitched her lips then shook her head, “I'll let my mom's credit card worry about that, Oppa...”

He laughed and nodded seriously, “Arasso...”

~~~

He impatiently drummed his fingers on the table in front of them and complained out loud, “What's taking her so long?”

They have been waiting for a couple of minutes for her to emerge from the fitting room as she tried on the dress he chose for her. The dress shop doesn't have a lot of costumers that day so most of the sales assistants were scurrying all over them that it was pissing him off and couldn't wait to get out of that heaven forsaken place.

“Ya... why are you complaining?” Yoona leaned slightly towards him with a smirk, “Are you the boyfriend?”

“Aish!” Jin Woon glared back at her ready to fight his cause.

“Kids... kids...” Nichkhun calmly subdued them as he continued leafing through the magazine. Yoona then rested her head on his shoulder and Jin Woon scoffed. After a few seconds, the curtain was pulled to the side and the three of them focused ahead.

Seo Hyun was still running her hands on the upper leg part to press the section that was somewhat got creased when she was putting it on. She looked up to see three pairs of eyes scrutinizing her so she gave them a little smile, “So...?”

“I told you it would look good on her,” Jin Woon addressed Yoona but was still focused on her friend.

“Hmmm... yeah... but the dress is too dull...” Yoona said soothing her fingers on her chin as if touching an invisible goatee.

“The color is nice though. Simplicity is beauty,” Khun said under his breath, “I think it's just right...”

“You have a point. It's pretty on her,” Yoona turned to her boyfriend with a smile.

“Ya, why is it that if I said it, it's questionable for you, but if he said it, you would agree right away?”

“Go get yourself a girlfriend and find out!” Yoona pulled the trigger.

“Ya! Can you please tell me first if this dress is worth that bantering?” Seo Hyun scolded them and Nichkhun laughed.

“Yeah, Seo. It's worth it, I'm telling you...” Khun closed the magazine and stood taking his girlfriend's hand.

“Go buy it, Hyunie.” Jin Woon nodded satisfied of his choice, “It really looks good on you. Besides, it'll make your boyfriend realize some more what a lucky jerk he is.”

Nichkhun turned to the other guy patting his shoulder and with a controlled voice, “Get over it, buddy.”

Yoona was skipping towards her friend that she did not hear his comment, “You should wear a necklace or something.”

“Yeah, I think the heart one would fit perfectly on this dress,” Seo Hyun smiled thinking of that jewelry she loved dearly since it was a gift from her mom on her eight birthday.

Moments later, they were on the restaurant when she got a call from her mom telling her that she might not meet her before she go to dinner since she has to meet a friend. Lately, Seo Hyun noticed that her mom was frequently having dinner with her friends but would not tell her about them. Yoona was quick enough to suggest that she might be dating and the boys agreed but she was still uncomfortable with the idea.

~~~

“Are you ready?” Yong Hwa said balancing the phone on his ear and shoulder.

“A little...”

He chuckled, “You should be...”

“I am trying here, Oppa. By the way, what are you doing? Your sound's funny.”

“Uhm... I'm ironing my clothes,” he answered while putting the iron on the board and shifted on the other sleeves.

“Ya! You shouldn't have called me then! It's dangerous! I will hang up now...”

“No! No... don't,” he turned off the appliance and pulled the plug. “I'm done now.”

“Hmmm... are you sure?”

“De... I am so sure,” he grinned since she was using that mother-tone on him again. He then took the hanger and arranged his dress shirt. “Did you tell your mom to join us?”

“Oh, about that. She can't since she's meeting some friends for dinner too... Oppa, I have to hang up now. Shower time.”

“Oh yeah, let's shower together then...” he stood and grabbed the towel, “You ready?”

“Yep, on my my way to the bathroom now.”

“Me too... just call me as soon as you’re done, okay?” 

“Okay, Oppa. Later!”

Yong Hwa put down his phone as soon as he heard the busy tone on the other line. He whistled going to the restroom, they indeed were loyal to the showering-together idea. If ever it would be possible, they would be taking showers together at the same time but still separately. Seo Hyun, although conservative, said yes to the idea even saying it would be really fun. He has so many ideas he wants to try with her and really looking forward for those to happen in the future.

His sister called a few hours ago to tell him that their father was in Seoul already but he was not able to join them as they visited some of his mother's relatives living in the city. He asked one co-DJ to swap schedule so he took over the early morning show for him. He was excited for the dinner later since it was the first time he would be formally introducing a girlf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter