Forty Five Part 2 (Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 45. And I Belong to You

 

One love in my young life

Took me somewhere I had never been

And I want to live again, breathe again

In the shelter of his brightly woven love song

So long I have wanted love to be

Sitting just this near to me

Now my waiting heart is free

Few are the choices we are given

The sands of time pass quickly by

One dream of my young life

Now stands holding out his hand to me

Now I can't help but believe that my whole life will be

Spent in one love

~ One Love (The Carpenters)

 

 

PART 2

 

Seo Hyun sat on the carpeted floor in front of the furnace watching the glimmering of the fake fire. She tied her hair as she felt the heat in front of her. Folding her legs up to her chest, she rested her chin on her knees and felt him walking behind her. She moved to the side to give him way as he fixed his makeshift bed, no words came between them but her eyes followed his every movement.

 

“I don't want us to be like this...” she found herself saying with arms locking closer to her chin and he turned to her with softened expression.

 

“I don't want us to be like this either...” he answered back taking his place beside Seo Hyun. For a moment, he looked at her before shifting his gaze at the mellow glow. “I despised you. I told myself to despise you. I convinced myself that you never loved me enough because you made me believe you were coming that day but you did not. I never loved anyone that way and this way, Hyun...”

 

Her silent eyes focused on his now as she listened intently. That must be the reason why he treated her coldly at first and he had every right to feel that way. Seo Hyun closed her eyes with a tiny smile perched on her lips. She knew he had so many things to say.

 

“But nights got lonelier because no matter how I tried to convince myself, the thoughts of you always visited me in my solitary moments. I foolishly dialed your number but not really expecting that you would have the same one after eight years. But fate has been kinder to me, I guess,” Yong Hwa let out a soft laugh, “And you answered. Hearing your voice helped a bit and every night, I felt sick and you were my relief. That was the closest thing I had to know your heart.”

 

It was then that she stretched her legs and took his hand. Seo Hyun held it and squeezed it lightly as he looked at her with a tiny smile, “You should have talked to me...”

 

“But I was mad at you,” he chuckled and Seo Hyun laughed softly.

 

“And you were too rude...” she twitched her lips and raised her brows.

 

“I was?”

 

Seo Hyun nodded “You were... really...”

 

“Well, because I really thought you had a boyfriend already...”

 

“Why?! You made me believe you were engaged to Shin Hye Unnie!”

 

“I did not!” His eyes grew wide as she continued accusing him. Although he knew that it was more like a joke but since it somehow helped relieve the tension that was building after that revelation, he could not help but play along. Yong Hwa then nodded adjusting their hands so it was him who was holding her, “When you told me that you still love your prince, I cried. I cried because I was afraid and relieved at the same time. Afraid that you did it again, that slowly you were digging up my buried feelings for you. Afraid that if I gave you my heart, you would be breaking me apart again. Afraid that I would crazily love you all over again. But relieved because all along I didn't want you to fall in love with anybody else. I want you for myself, for me alone...”

 

She found herself smiling. Nodding gently, Seo Hyun lifted their hands and let the back of his touch her lips as she closed her eyes. Both of them had been pretending all those times but it felt better hearing those words and she did not regret that she listened. Looking at him again, she smiled gently, “But you were my relief too. Secretly, I wanted the person to be you that was why all along I was freely expressing myself. Secretly, I want you to know my heart though I was not sure if it was really you.”

 

“But you were so angry awhile back...”

 

“Because I was terrified. I was scared too...”

 

Yong Hwa almost laughed looking as she wore that apologetic smile and reached out to brush his thumb lightly on her chin, “But I am glad that we are having this conversation, Hyun. I want us to be honest with each other. No more keeping secrets. If you're mad at me, you tell me... if you want something you tell me and I will do the same...”

 

“Okay,” she smiled and letting go of his hand when she started to yawn. Yong Hwa playfully shook his head so she pouted while wiping the dew off her eye, “I'm sleepy...”

 

“I know...” he nodded listlessly and placed one pillow on her corner and another one on his, “I believe you want to sleep over...”

 

“If I'm not taking too much space...” she innocently grinned and lay herself on her side of his makeshift bed then grabbed one pillow and put it between them. He rolled his eyes and she giggled.

 

“Arasso,” Yong Hwa stood then the lamp shade before clicking off the main lights, “That bed should be put to good use someday, Hyun...”

 

“Hmmm... because you don't want to use it so I won't use it too,” she giggled as he lay down on his back beside her, “If you want, you can sleep there, Oppa. I think I'm more comfortable here...”

 

With a quick twist of his head, he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter