Fifteen (Almost Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 15

I've got all that I need
right here in the passenger seat
- passenger seat (stephen speaks)



“Hey! Stop fidgeting!”

Seo Hyun could not remember how many times Yoona reminded her of that. The whole morning she could not think of anything except that meeting. She took another sip of her iced tea and stared across the open street. Her friend dragged her out to distract her from those senseless thoughts playing on her mind.

“Seo Hyuna, I really understand how you feel. But you know what? You're overreacting...” Yoona snapped again when she could not get her friend's attention.

“What if she won't like me? I mean, look at me,” she grumbled as she set her glass on the table.

“Ya! Sisters are no scarier than mothers... remember when I met Khun Oppa's family? His mom was like scrutinizing me but look at us now... she treats me like a daughter...” she proudly said again as a failed attempt to make her friend feel better.

“They don't have a mom anymore, of course she will surely act like one since she's older...”

"Aigoo... just be yourself, okay? Whether she likes you or not, it's not your problem anymore. It's not her you're spending your time with... it's her brother." She took a bite of her cake, "Besides, it seemed like you have wrapped your boyfriend around your little finger that nobody could even dare break you apart..."

"You think so?" Seo Hyun pouted.

"Hundred and ten percent sure!" Yoona winked.

"Okay-- "

Just then her phone rang and looked at her Unnie upon seeing the caller's name. Yoona pursed her lips towards the phone signaling for her to take it.

"Oppa..."

"Hyun, where are you?"

"At the coffee shop with Unnie..."

"Okay, don't go anywhere. I'll pick you up there... by the way, did you tell your mom? We might come home late..."

"Yes, I did."

"Okay, good... say my hi to Yoona... wait for me..."

"I will... bye..." she ended the call and rested her chin on her hand, "Aigoo..."

"Ya... stop sighing," Yoona glowered again, "It's irritating!"

A few minutes later, a gray car pulled over at the corner and Yong emerged wearing a blue shirt and a loose pants. Seo Hyun waved at him as he walked towards them, she smiled when she noticed the dogtag hanging on his chest.

"Hey there..." Yong Hwa remained standing and slightly bowed at Yoona. He noticed that Seo Hyun looked extra nice and felt proud about it. Clad in a light blue sundress and a knitted yellow vest, she donned her hair loose with only a matching yellow hairband to keep her look neat. 

"Thank goodness, Oppa, you're here. And wow, are you trying that couple look now?" Yoona blabbered when she noticed their outfit then cleared , "Anyway, can you knock some sense to Seo Hyun? She's like being too paranoid about this whole meet-your-sister event."

"Why? What's wrong?" He chuckled by how animated Yoona can be when she's expressing her feelings then sat beside Seo Hyun when she waved for him to do so.

"Nothing,” she raised a brow at her sister friend and turned to him, “Can we go now? I don't want us to be late.”

"Don't worry we have enough time, we can even walk around the airport," he smiled in assurance while playfully poking her cheeks with his finger.

"Oppa, I suggest you go now,” Yoona supplied again, “The more you stay here, the more you're prolonging her agony."

He looked at Seo Hyun first and chuckled when she nodded then he turned back to Yoona, "How about you?"

"Oh, don't worry about me. Khun Oppa will be here a little later... "

"Okay, then. Let's go..." he took her bag from the table and held her hand. They both bid Yoona goodbye and walked towards the car. He turned to her as soon as they got settled on their seats. Yong Hwa smiled when he noticed something and carefully bended over towards her.

She smiled apologetically when he started buckling the seatbelt for her. She was really nervous that even that simple task seemed to wander off her mind and now she found him almost an inch away from her face that she could even feel his breath. Her heart skipped a bit when she tried to tilt her head on the other direction to avoid their noses from touching but he was good at teasing. After tucking her safely to her seat, he remained there for a few good seconds and moved his head a little closer.

Seo Hyun frowned then shut her eyes tight imagining his next move. Suddenly, she felt the weight of his hand as it pushed on the back rest of the passenger seat to support his upper body. Her heart went wild feeling the crazy distance that was almost not there. Besides, he mentioned about claiming a kiss that night.

“Relax...” Yong Hwa whispered and wickedly smiled as he straightened back to his seat and started the engine.

She remained flustered for a moment when she realized that what she feared or expected did not happen. She should be relieved but somehow she felt irritated. How could he like that? To add insult to injury, he the radio and started humming with the song as if he did not even experience the electricity that crept in her body. Let's see if you could still claim that kiss from me after that! She mumbled to herself noticing that tiny curve playing on his lips.

Moments later, Yong Hwa was telling her that he borrowed the car from Jung Shin's father but when he took a quick glance at her, she seemed to be absorbed on her own thoughts. “Hey... why that face? Come on, nuna doesn't bite! Well, she just barks... a lot, that is.”

His statement made her smile a bit so she shook her head and ran a hand on her hair, “I don't know why I'm feeling like this.” Seo Hyun felt really silly since it wasn't really her first time to meet somebody but there was really something about the thought that it was his sister she would be meeting. Guilty of losing her self-trust, she sighed heavily and it made him laugh.

“Aigoo...” he mumbled in a tone he would use to comfort her then reached out for her hand. Yong Hwa squeezed it gently, “Don't worry, you will love her. Nuna may always make my life miserable but she is a great person. Maybe she has taken the whole mother-figure thing in her head that's why she's like that to me. But I love that crazy woman. You'll love her too, you'll see...”

She nodded with a small smile and exhaled again. Happy thoughts, she reminded herself and adjusted his grip on her hand that they end up interlocking their fingers. She loves holding his hand like that, even before. She doesn't know if it would be better than kissing, but being held by him is somewhat so special for her. It was a little dangerous for him to drive using one hand but he was also being careful, withdrawing once in a while if he needed to but would take her hand back after. 

When they reached the airport, Yong Hwa said that they were still early so they walked around and even bought ice cream before finally deciding to go to the arrival area. Suddenly, she realized that his sister's plane has landed and it seemed like there were only a few people around. She fidgeted once again.

Seo Hyun felt his grip tightened so she looked up to him and noticed that pretty smile he was wearing. He then looked back at her and pointed ahead. There she saw her from a distance, standing beside the luggage cart. She was wearing a loose white shirt and a pair of black leggings. Her long half-curled hair loosely fall on her back and Seo Hyun could not exactly tell how she looked with those dark sunglasses she was wearing. She was fumbling over her iPod when Yong Hwa called out to her. Then she took of her shades and glared at him.

She has those pretty chinky eyes and a really really pretty face like she came out of the TV screen-- she looked more like a mannequin than a real woman. Despite her obvious disappointed expression, Seo Hyun could tell how beautiful this lady is, if she would smile. Strangely, she looked nothing like her brother. 

“You're late...”

His Nuna folded her arms on her chest and glowered at him so she bowed lower than she should, “We are very sorry...”

“Oh no! You were not driving, he was!”

The older girl smiled at her but glowered at her brother again. Finally, she confirmed her thought, she has a pair of smiling eyes. She nudged Yong Hwa and murmured, “I told you so...”

“Aish, Nuna!” Yong Hwa finally grumbled since his sister was giving Seo Hyun more discomfort.

“Aren't you going to apologize?” She snapped again.

“Ya! We have been here for—“

“Just do it, Oppa...” Seo Hyun elbowed him again. She could tell that his nuna was never going to let it pass.

“Aish, chincha...” he muttered to himself then grumbled, “Sorry okay! Hyun, this is my sister, Tiffany-- Fany Nuna... Nuna, she's Seo Ju Hyun.”

“Nice meeting you... but we’re really sorry for being late...” she bowed again trying hard not to appear too self-conscious.

Tiffany was eyeing the younger woman carefully now, then mumbled in a flowing tone, “Kyaa.... I thought this punk was imagining when he said he has a pretty girlfriend...”

“Aish... why can't you just believe me?” Yong Hwa grumbled again fearing what else she would say.

“But really, are you blind or something?” Fany seriously waved a hand on Seo Hyun's face trying to confirm her thoughts.
 

“Ya! What are you talking about?!” He complained once again but Seo Hyun laughed softly in amusement.

“Oh, well...” she rolled her eyes then smiled sweetly stretching her arms, “Come here, Seo Hyuna, and give your sister a hug!”

She took a quick glance at Yong Hwa and moved forward when he nodded with a gentle smile, “Ah... de...” His sister wrapped her arms tightly around her and she had that warm fuzzy feeling rushing through her. She knew from the moment she saw her that there was some kind of connection between them. Seo Hyun's fears suddenly disappeared in Fany's arms as she gently patted her back.

Fany then put her arm around the younger girl’s shoulder after the hug and smiled at her, “Let's go? Wow, it's nice to be back!”

Seo Hyun turned to find Yong Hwa still standing beside the luggage cart and helplessly looking at them. Fany noticed when she did not move so she looked back too, “Hey, punk! What are you waiting for? Let's go!”

Yong Hwa nodded in agitation and shook his head when Seo Hyun just gave him a sorry smile. Grumbling to himself, he pushed the cart tailing behind his two girls. When they reached the car, he opened the back door for his sister and was about to close it when she suddenly pushed it open again.

“She will sit with me,” she smiled devilishly that he could do nothing but to give way for his girlfriend. 

The whole conversation during the ride back to Seoul was dominated by Tiffany with some occasional stories from Seo Hyun whenever she was asked. He, on the other hand, decided to just listen though his sister would volunteer some silly stories of his childhood to his girlfriend. Then, she started telling them her plans of going straight to Apgujeong District to do some shopping and sightseeing with Seo Hyun.

“But nuna, you just arrived why don't you rest first?” Yong Hwa butted in when he realized that she has no plans on bringing him along.

“Are you driving me away?” She raised her brows then smiled at Seo Hyun, taking her hand, “I got a good rest in the plane. Besides, I can't sleep this time and I'm too excited to do so... I'm really so excited to go shopping with you!”

Seo Hyun could do nothing but smile since she would still get tongue-tied, “How... how was your flight? Sorry, I forgot to ask....”

“Aren't you such a shy girl?!” Fany grinned and pinched her cheek gently then continued, “Well, uneventful. You know what...”

Yong Hwa rolled his eyes and huffed in annoyance when sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter