Twenty (Almost Complete)

Complete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER TWENTY




“Do you know what you're getting into?”

“What?”

“I'm stubborn.”

“You can put my patience to test.”

“I whine a lot.”

“I will listen to you well.”

“I love Johnny Deep and I watch Pirates of the Caribbean endlessly.”

“I don't mind watching it endlessly beside you.”

“I still watch cartoons.”

“Who doesn't watch cartoons?”

“That's the greatest tragedy nowadays. People are so full problem because they stopped watching cartoons.”

“We should advocate watching cartoons.”

“Keroro is my first love.”

“Don't worry I'll try my best not to go between you and Keroro. I will support that love a hundred and one percent, but understand that I will never give up my space on the bed for him.”

“What? I did not think this is a marriage proposal.”

“I know but I'm just pointing it out for the near future.”

“The near future? I'm not planning to get married so soon, Oppa.”

“Just in case, okay?”

“Okay, okay... Does that mean I couldn't take my keroro doll to bed anymore?”

“Hmmm... that depends if he would behave well...” 

“I'm a bully.”

“I was a bully too and I am curious how it feels to be bullied so you can bully me as long s you want.

“I love gogu--...ma.”

“I know!” 

“You know?”

“I mean, most people love sweet potato. I, for one, love it too...”

“Okay... Yoona always say I'm slow.”

“I noticed that.” 

“Huh?”

“I mean it’s okay. I'll try hard it make my meaning clear.”

“I don't have aegyo.”

“Then let's find a way for you to have aegyo.”

“Aniyo, Oppa... you don't give up, do you?”

“I don't...” 

And he was not ready to give up. Their past is not something for him to give up so easily on. He promised her before that he would stay strong when she could no longer be. 

He stared at the open street by the window. A few minutes had passed since they got in the studio and she was sitting on the sofa with her hair curtained on her face to hide her tears. The calm afternoon seemed unaware of what was happening. The world below them went on spinning under their feet but everything was so unusual. The instruments sat silently on their places. They used to go there and create so much noise-- happy noise. Laughter and music. But now, it all did a complete turn. Yong Hwa paced in the room until he was finally convinced that he was calm enough to deal with her. He grabbed a plastic chair and sat in front of her.

“Hyun...” Yong Hwa started as he tried to take her hand but she jerked a little so he withdrew, “I think... I think you're really serious about the breaking up thing. But, I just want to know why. What have I done wrong?”

She shook her head gently with head still bowed down and her shoulders rising and falling. He was not deaf to ignore her gentle sobs.

“Is there someone else? Do you like someone else? Did I say something wrong? Did I fail to do something? Are you getting sick of me?” He continued while she continuously shook her head with his every question. “Can you think about this first? How long do you need? Three days? Five days? A week?” He has been growing more and more impatient then continued in an almost begging tone, “Hyun, please... say something...”

Yong Hwa tried to reach out once again to hold on to her arms but she was firmly covering her face with her hands. If only he could read her mind, if only he could just push her to talk. Anger and frustration were already poisoning his mind as he covered his own face with his hands the way she did. Then suddenly, he stood and kicked the stool and it made her flinch as she looked up at him taken by surprise-- her eyes drenched with tears.

“Let's go...” he held on to his breath and forcefully took her wrist. Unexpectedly, she did not rebel instead she allowed to be dragged out of the room like a lifeless doll. She was keeping him in the dark and the way she ignored his pleas was making him more frustrated. 

Yong Hwa has always been vocal with his feelings for her and it was that moment he was starting to doubt hers. His heart throbbed louder so was his pulse as he shifted his grip on her hand on the other when they entered the elevator. Seo Hyun's free hand was on and, because of her hair, he could hardly get a glimpse of her face. The small box seemed to suffocate them both as they kept silent until they went out. He led her straight to where he parked his father's car that he borrowed since they went back to Seoul.

When they reached the car, he let go of her and opened the passenger door, “Get in...” He mumbled but she remained standing so he took her arm again and gently shoved her in. Yong Hwa swallowed hard as he slammed the door close and stood outside for a moment looking at her helpless form. He knew that he was physically hurting her but the fact that she was not even giving him a single change of expression was making it harder for him. 

“I'm so sorry...” he whispered while putting on her seatbelt. Yong Hwa stopped to look at her again before starting the engine, “I did not mean to hurt you. I'm just-- just too confused right now... I love you, Hyun...”

She pushed some tears off her face and looked out at the window as he drove off. Seo Hyun could feel the tinge of pain on her wrist and she could even see his fingers slightly imprinted on it. She could not tell which was more painful-- that of her body or her heart. To tell him the truth was still out of the question and she was determined. She just wished he would drive her back home.

But he just drove aimlessly-- without any direction in mind. He drove silently beside her as she remained looking far away. Yong Hwa did not dare to get a glimpse of her or he would surely lose it. He just drove and drove. Different thoughts were clouding his mind and he could not really think of any reason no matter how he tried to recreate what happened the other days. The last date they had was finally making sense. He could clearly remember what she said that whatever she would do in the future was because she loves him. And, this was the future she was talking about but her meaning was still a confusion.

Finally, he parked on the empty lawn and opened the door for her then calmly said when she did not move, “Hyun...”

Seo Hyun slid out of the car and walked behind him when he was a few feet away from her. He stood looking at the Han River with his hands still resting on his side. She lifted her head up and gazed at his back-- his lean posture, his broad shoulders, his brownish hair, she swallowed hard and could feel her lower lip tremble again so she bit it hard-- so hard that she feared she might taste her own blood on the process. Suddenly, he turned to her with those bedewed eyes almost begging then reached out to hold her hands. He gently pressed them on his own without looking at her.

“Your mom doesn't want us to be together?” That was one sane reason his mind could come up to.

Shaking her head, she focused her gaze on their hands. The afternoon breeze was blowing mildly as the sun was shunning slowly from the sky. She swallowed hard when he let go of her hands and turned away again.

“Do you remember this place?” Yong Hwa forced to sound enthusiastic as he stopped by the edge of the path overlooking the calm waters, “It was early morning, I wanted it to be perfect... for you to see the first ray of sun but the weather ruined my plan. It started raining. I joked to kiss you too that day, do you remember?” He shifted back to her only to see her gaze transfixed int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter