Shorty Trouble

Tommorrow's Cantabile

No One's P.o.V

Shinwoo dragged Jungkook to a special reserved section just for performers. Hmm... Why didn't V and Wendy sit down there? Simple.

They didn't want to be mixed in with 'lower' musicians. Plus, V's idiot friends we're suspended from performing because of J-Hope's 'stunt'. Aside from RapMon and Jin, the others were excited to perform. Until J-Hope released a stink bomb in the room the teachers were having a meeting in.

Jungkook tapped Shinwoo's shoulder. His head swerved, nearly kissing Jungkook's lips. Jungkook's blush was visible, even in the dimly lit room called the concert hall. "S-Shinwoo, who's performing next?" He asked his best friend.

He opened his mouth to speak before the announcer tapped the mircophone, signaling the next performance. 

*Our next performers is Wendy Son who is playing the flute. Her accompaniment is Kim Taehyung of SKSM Class A-2 on saxophone. The two music scores are Beethoven - Allegro for a Musical Clock For Flute-Saxophone Duet​ and Les Treteaux. Since the competition rules say that there can only be two performers on stage, the piano part was cut out.*

Jungkook's eyes dimmed a bit, for he liked the piano part in this piece. It's a shame really, if only they had the piano part for Les Treteaux then they would have surely won. 

 

The pair strutted on stage, confident grins painted on their faces.

 

Except one thing didn't make sense in Jungkook's and Shinwoo's mind. Les Treteaux wasn't a 'light dance'. It was more of a 'dramatic entrance' from a Disney Movie. Or a 'fight scene after math'.. How can they pick a piece that was so far away from the theme without them worrying that they will lose?

One thing Jungkook automatically noticed that the duo he encountered in the restroom was a performer. And he goes to SKSM. He was partially worried that if he went to SKSM, he would run into Taehyun and Namjoon. But he had Shinwoo.

His faded orange hair certainly stood out. His choice of attire was more casual then formal, but who was he kidding? He looked quite nice and the style did suit him. Wendy's blue tipped hair and her houndstooth patterned dress. They were quite bold both about their appearances and their choice of music.

*Hello Gentlemen. Our judges today are Kwon Ji Yong, Dong Yong Bae, Choi Seunghyun, Kang Daesung and Lee Seung Hyun. Best of luck on your performance.*

They bowed to the judges and positioned their instruments. They both started out in half time ("half time" is like a term that means its 2/4 time. Since most pieces are written in 4/4 time [4 quarter notes per measure], half time is half of the notes in each measure. I hope I explained that right. If I didn't, then I know why I fail so hard at 2/4 time.). It was partly hard to pick out some flute notes because V's saxophone was somewhat overpowering. In came the sixteenth notes. The first few measures repeated itself, but it sounded like Wendy played the first ending instead of the second ending (K so if there's a repeat symbol [ :|| or ||:] then it's likely that there's gonna be a 1st or 2nd ending. So you go to the 1st ending the first time you play, then the repeat sign means you go back to the beggining or ||:. The second time you play, instead of going to the 1st ending, you go to the 2nd ending. 1st ending for 1st time, 2nd ending for second time.) for the second time. Jungkook whispered "Isn't that the second ending? Why did she play first?" He whispered to Shinwoo. He shrugged and turned Jungkook's head back to the stage.

The trills (Like rapid shaking between 2 notes)did stand out a lot. This pair did like to stand out after all. 

The piece end on a high note. A smidge of messy finger work from Wendy at measure 41 but it wasn't noticeable. No surprise, they received a standing ovation. Even Jungkook and Shinwoo stood up; even though it wasn't a perfect performance, it was still astonishing.

 

Jimin and J-Hope were the loudest of the bunch. At least Wendy wasn't here, her screams sound like a cat scratching a chalkboard.

Jin, RapMon and Suga applauded but didn't stand. Why? Messy and articulation from Wendy. Even though V is like their best friend, it didn't matter in a music competition. 

"Remind me again, why does Wendy think she can get into our school?" Jin asked Suga. "I don't know. All I know is that she's using V to attempt to get in, she thinks way to highly of herself and that she ain't gonna get in." He snarled. "I ing told V to change Les Treteaux but nooooooo it was 'Wendy wants to do it, then I want to do it.'. I swear she doesn't stand a chance if she s up that piece. The theme doesn't match so that brings down your chances." He complained. 

They all nodded, even Jimin and J-Hope who had stop jumping for joy. 3 days in a row, RapMon and Jin had nagged V about Wendy's choice of music. 24 hours a day, 3 days a week they had tried to force convince V to change the piece. But it was 'Wendy wants this' or 'Wendy wants that'. They even brought in Key to nag the out of V, but he went to Lotte World with Wendy. See a trend. Wendy Wendy Wendy.

"Wendy was ehh but I still liked V." Jimin stated. "Just keep your fingers crossed that they can sorta morph the style of the piece to match the theme. I'll be their hope in the reign of darkness!" J-Hope fist pumped. Did it matter that he nearly hit RapMonster's jaw? RapMon was to focused cursing on about he did to try to get his message through V's thick skull to notice he nearly got an uppercut from J-Hope.

"Yada yada Wendy stinks like . We get it Namjoon. Now hush and turn your head to V's performance." Jin forcefully twisted RapMon's head back to the stage. 

 

(I have no freakin clue how to describe it. I couldn't find the sheet music and I barley listened to the part before getting distracted by a game notification. Let's imaging shall we~?)

 

V and Wendy started up again. This time, coming in boldly as if they're saying 'move es we won'. Which is what Wendy totally thought. About 3 minutes into the piece, the battle scene faded and the after math flooded in. 

"They are confident about their pieces, aren't they?" Shinwoo thought. He scowled a bit at the fight-scene type music. Way to intense to be called a 'light dance'.

By the time the piece ended, it seemed like everyone was holding their breath. The judges faces were unreadable, but they were a bit surprised by the choice of music. Daesung had witnessed V perform before, but he never imagined he would be so off track from the theme. Jiyong on the other hand was not very surprised by Wendy's attitude. She was always defiant and couldn't find the right pieces of music to play. He could already tell Wendy picked the second piece.

 

"I ing told V. He toned it down a bit but Wendy still played boldly." RapMon gritted through his teeth. "Are you jealous that Wendy asked V to be her accompaniment and not you, Namjoonie~?" Suga asked cutely. His head snapped in his direction; his eyes screamed you-should-be-scared-right-now. Shorty shrunk even more than he was before. 

"I'm not jealous. Now shut the up before I shove your cello up your ." He glared at Shorty #1. "Don't forget he also has a bell set in his room." J-Hope piped up.

"J-Hope unless you want your guitar up your , I suggest you shut up now." He said. J-Hope shriveled at RapMonster's words. 

"RapMonster, no shoving instruments up peoples arses." Jin smacked the back of his head. "Like you don't want to shove something up another persons . Like that bunny kid for example." Now it was Jimin's turn to shrink in Mother Jin's stare. "Jimjim~" "Y-Yes umma?" "No dinner for you along with J-Hope and Suga, arraso~" It was sorta scary how this pink princess lover turns into a demon in a matter of seconds.

"Jimjim, I don't plan to shove anything up anyones arse. Got that?" He was still giving Jimin a evil glare. "U-Understood mother." Jimin hid behind J-Hope. 

"Good, now let's talk before the award ." J-Hope happily said.

 

"They're scores seemed a bit... off if you will." Seunghyun said as he tapped his pen on the rubric. "I don't get why they picked an intense piece like that for a light dance. Just like, why?" Yongbae rubbed his head. "Wendy picked it. She always ignored the rules, but I didn't know she would ignore the theme like this." Jiyong said. "Oh thank God I thought V picked those pieces. I was confused because the last time I saw him perform, he matched the theme perfectly." Daesung said.

"I still liked the first piece. They will get a decently high score from me." Seunghyun #2 scribbled on his score rubric. Seunghyun #1 nodded and wrote down his score along with the rest. 

 

Shinwoo quietly chatted with Jungkook before the old man came over to the reserved section. "Young ladies and gentlemen, please follow me backstage. The judges have decided on a winner as of now." Others around stood, some faces paled. The wait for knowing whether you won or not was unbearable. Even more so for a kookie and a beaver.

Jungkook held onto Shinwoo's hand tightly as they walked behind the stage. Shinwoo planted a small kiss on Jungkook's temple and hushed him. He rubbed circles on his back, trying to give his best friend some relief.

Jungkook could see other performers in a much worse state than him. One girl whispered to her partner 'Unnie I think I need to pee.'. Another looked like he was going to faint and his partner was standing behind him with his arms spread out wide. Seeing the state the others were in, he calmed down a bit.

Until the announcer said *It is now time to announce the winners. Please quite down.*

They exchanged nervous glances before lining up to step on stage. V and Wendy came in late; the crew hissed at them to get in line. V's chest was pressed up against Jungkook's back perfectly. He was roughly the same height as the bunny.

The crew told them it was time to line up and they marched forward. Jungkook put on his best poker face on stage, not wanting anyone to see his anxiety.

*Coming in 3rd place is Lee Chan Hyuk and Lee Soo Hyun with an average score of 87.* A pair that looked like brother and sister stepped forward to claim their trophy.

*Coming in 2nd is Jung So Ryong and Jung Dae Ryong with an average score of 92.* Identical people stepped forward. The one with the rounder head looked like he might faint.

*And finally, our first place winner is... Jeon Jungkook and Shin Dong Woo with an average score of 96. Congratulations.*

Confetti dropped from a secret door above stage. Jungkook looked like he was about to cry/faint/scream his lungs out. Shinwoo picked Jungkook and hugged him until Jungkook's face was entirely red. 

"We won... We really did win." One by one, tears left Jungkook's eyes and landed on Shinwoo's shoulder. The clapping and cheering just made Jungkook confirm that they did win. "S-Shinwoo Oh.Mi.Gosh. I fe-el like I'm gon-" "Kookie no fainting yet. You still need to attacked by our families before you can faint." He laughed childishly. Little did they know 6 intense gazes were directed at them.

 

"So bunny did win, huh?" Jimin stretched. "I bet you when V and Wendy come back, she's gonna start ing more that Key." RapMon laid back in his seat. "Time for itching powder and flour~ Ohhh that rhymes!" J-Hope grabbed the shaker filled with itching powder. Jin grabbed the shaker and put it inside his pocket. "Hopie, not yet."

J-Hope whined a bit but complied. "Then what place did V get?" Suga asked. Jin shrugged and said "Wait until they get back. They'll have their score rubrics by then."

 

Wendy was fumming. It looked like she wanted to slap the smile of the duo's faces and throw the bunny out the window. V on the other hand was quite surprised. The kid who they thought had zero musical talent, won first place. "Interesting... I'll talk to the guys after." Wendy punched V's arm.

"Oppa did that little just win?" Wendy sounded like she could slap the living out of someone. "Yup. Better believe it." 

"Hmph. Where are the judges?! Ima smack some sense into them. How could they not see we did fantastic?!" Wendy screeched. V cringed. Now he could see why the others hated disliked her. It's just her voice and the attitude that annoys him.

"Comon, let's just go find the guys." V s his arm around Wendy's waist and hopped of stage.

K/B


MUHAHAHAH I'm currently writing/finishing this in English class. Why do they make us take English in America? I have no ing clue.


1st place trophy

2nd place trophy

3rd place trophy

There is no 4th or 5th place trophy so ima just say each participant gets the 2nd to lst one.

 

Sooo toodles~

Losta Loves (っ˘з(▰˘◡˘▰)