Chapter 8: Oldest & Youngest

Battle Zblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna starred in amazement as dozens of television screens formed the wall in front of them. All the Zblings were seated like they usually were for meetings. The President stood in front of the wall with Dr. Yoon and a microphone stand.

“Wooram where’s Boram” she had finally asked the question she had been meaning to ask.

Wooram still had a bandage around her head that day. The hit to her head had been severe enough to cause some internal bleeding but nothing was permanently damaged. Dr. Yoon was able to patch her up well and now she was sitting in anticipation to hear what this meeting was about. “This morning she said she had to see Dr. Yoon and never came back. Now I’m worried, Dr. Yoon is right there with President Jung but my sister isn’t here.”

“That is strange….” she looked around for Boram. “I’ll go look in the infirmary.” She got out of her seat but was stopped at the door.

“The meeting will start now. No one is allowed out of here” the security guard blocked the doorway causing Hyuna to go back to her seat. “This better be something important.”

Byunghee cleared his throat before beginning the meeting. “Hello everyone, today we are here for one of the biggest announcements this association has ever made. Recently it was brought to our attention that one of our very own Zblings, number 2’s Hyuk, was infected by the virus. After being bitten he was a normal human. He turned after a minute, but on the other hand another similar case happened where number 5’s Boram was bitten as well. Now after twelve days” he turned to the side where Boram came out wearing all white. Then the first screen on the wall revealing a picture of Boram, the picture they took of her when she first arrived at the age of 18. “She is completely fine. Dr. Yoon has discovered the reason to this strange phenomenon.”

Dr. Yoon looked down at the ground not very happy with his findings. “The Battle has lost its strength on some of you but not on the others. It all has to do with the brain’s function.” Dr Yoon was afraid to go on knowing there would be an uprising of questions. “Half of you are susceptible to the virus now and the other half still has the Battle working in your system.”

“This means half of you will be relieved of your Zbling duties and will be able to leave the association. The others will continue on their own” Byunghee announced.

Thunder could only imagine his sister, his girlfriend, and himself being relieved of their duties as Zblings. It would be hard having to act normal and knowing they can get infected would make it difficult to go about freely but at least they won’t live confined from the association.

Now it all made sense to Hyuna. If only half were staying then there was the exact amount of screens on the wall. She knew they would continue showing pictures of the ones who would stay.

“Now let us begin. Number 1’s Dara, Number 2’s Hoon…”

“What” Thunder’s eyes widened seeing his sister’s face up there on the screen between Boram’s and Hoon’s. “I’m not leaving you here alone.” His face hadn’t appeared and the president was already on the next number.

Dara placed her hands on his shoulders to stop him from going further. “Cheondong it’s okay. I like it this way. You get to live your life away from here. Even if I can’t be with you I’ll be happy knowing you get to enjoy life outside of here like you always wanted to.”

“But noona…”

She put her hand on his mouth to stop him. “Cheondong no matter what you say I’m staying and you’re leaving.” She pointed at the screens. “It’s been decided.”

Thunder stayed quiet as he continued to listen.

“Number 3’s Zoomi, Number 4’s Irene…”

Zico stood up interrupting the president “those are all the eldest siblings.”

Byunghee nodded, “they are.”

Immediately all the siblings began discussing amongst themselves as they realized Zico was right. “Does this mean only the eldest sibling is able to resist the virus now” Krystal asked. She wasn’t ready to leave Jessica when she had just had a baby.

“If you will all just let me finish you will see” Byunghee gave an annoyed smile to them and continued reading off the list skipping from number four to five since Boram was from number 5. “Number 6’s Hyuna, Number 7’s Chanhyuk” the rest of his speech went on as questions arose in everyone else’s heads.

Hyuna’s eyes widened as she saw her picture show up followed by Chanhyuk’s. What was going on? There were only older siblings up there but her… she was the only younger sibling up there.

Hyeri sat up in her chair looking equally as surprised as Hyuna that her name wasn’t called instead.

“Wait what?!” This time Thunder was the one to stop the president. “I thought the eldest siblings were the ones who were staying. Hyuna is the younger sibling.”

Dr. Yoon took the microphone from the president feeling obligated to explain the situation. “She is the exception. Like I previously stated, the Battle is choosing who it continues working for. It all has to do with the brain. The strongest brain is the one that can continue resisting the virus. When you all first arrived here you were given tests and it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter