Chapter 14: Bottles & Birthdays

Battle Zblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Constant crying filled the house in the middle of the night. Hyunbin was just like any other baby. He would wake up in the middle of the night expecting to be fed then a few hours later he would cry needing someone to change him.

The lights in the house as everyone woke up along with Hyunbin. “There, there Bin I’m coming” Hyunwoo yawned.

Nari followed him with eyes still closed but determined to feed him this time. “Can I do it?”

Hyunwoo nodded as he prepared the bottle for the baby. “Go try and calm him down a little while I get the milk.”

Nari nodded and went into Thunder’s room. She began patting the small baby’s stomach lightly. “It’s okay Bin Bin; Hyunwoo Oppa is bringing your meal.” She looked over at the bed where Thunder was fast asleep. Not really sleeping but passed out from not eating and exhaustion, that’s how it usually was.

Ever since Hyuna died leaving their son as a reminder did no good to Thunder. He would constantly stay out of the house as long as possible and only came home to sleep. He didn’t want to be around anything that reminded him of Hyuna.

When he would be home he never paid attention to Hyunbin. He would ignore him almost like he didn’t exist. Not once had Thunder held Hyunbin since he was born.

Even in Nari’s eyes Hyunwoo was more like a father to Hyunbin than Thunder. She had come to rely on Hyunwoo as well and began to lose that connection she had with Thunder. She too was sad Hyuna had died but she was happy that Hyunbin was okay and that Hyuna had left him in this world to be with her. That was what Hyunwoo told her to explain what had happened.

“Is the little boy hungry” Hyunwoo cooed at the baby as he picked him up. “Come on Nari; let’s go feed him in the living room.”

Nari nodded as she took one of Hyunbin’s blankets out of the crib she looked over at Thunder again and noticed he was awake. “Oppa do you want to feed Bin Bin?”

“Close the door Nari” was all he said to her.

Nari closed the door like he wanted and went to the baby. “I brought this for him so he won’t be cold.”

Hyunwoo smiled, “you are a really good noona Nari.” He wrapped Hyunbin in the blanket as Nari sat beside him. He placed her in his arms making sure she would be comfortable with him in her arms. “Is that good?”

Nari nodded and took the bottle from Hyunwoo.

As she fed him Hyunwoo stayed beside them. He had never imagined he would be taking on the role of an older brother to Nari a while back and now a father to Hyunbin. This was not like him at all.

Once Hyunbin had finished his bottle Hyunwoo placed him back in his crib that was beside Thunder’s bed and went back to sleep with Nari. A couple months ago he had wanted to take the crib into his room but Thunder didn’t let him.

That had given Hyunwoo hope that perhaps Thunder would start acting like a father but that hope was gone as soon as it came.

Once again Hyunbin began crying, Hyunwoo woke up to see the sun was already out. It was morning and Hyunbin had made it through the night with less crying.

He went into Thunder’s room and picked up Hyunbin. “Hey Bin, you made it longer this time” he patted the baby’s back trying to stop his crying.

“Finally” Thunder grunted. He had become irritated with all the non-stop crying.

Hyunwoo had been tolerant of Thunder because he understood it must have been hard on him to lose Hyuna but he didn’t like how he took it out on the baby that Hyuna so desperately wanted to keep alive. “If you wanted him to stop crying then why didn’t you pick him up?”

Thunder gave no response.

“He is your son but you aren’t even close to being a father for him. Hyuna would definitely hate you for being this way to the son she decided to give her life for.” As he saw Thunder was keeping quiet he decided to give him one last blow to his ego. “I’m sure Hyuna is seeing all this and wishing she would have had a child with me instead.”

Thunder immediately got out of bed. “I know you liked her too but she chose me. Hyunbin is my son, not yours.”

“Anyone would think otherwise if they saw all this.”

Nari had woken up with Thunder’s shouts and went over to them. “Oppa” she called out to Hyunwoo.

“Let’s go Nari.” He took both Hyunbin and Nari out of Thunder’s room. He didn’t know what he should do about Thunder but for the time being he had to take care of the two children who were left to him.

***

Hyunmin watched as Hyeri drew her katana from the zo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter