Chapter 11: Busan & Daegu

Battle Zblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna was busy cooking when Nari rushed over to her in her pajamas. “Why didn’t you wake me up unnie?”

“I’m sorry Nari. I forgot. I was feeling sick and stayed asleep longer. When I woke up Hyunwoo and Cheondong were gone already.”

“They left us” she questioned.

Hyuna nodded with a pout. “Yes, so when they come you have to ignore them and pretend to be mad.”

Nari crossed her arms “I don’t have to pretend. I am mad at the oppas. They never want to take you and me anywhere.” She left to go get changed.

Hyuna giggled seeing Nari’s expression. It had been two months since they found and saved Nari. The first few days she was reserved and only talked when she was asked questions. Once she got comfortable and warmed up to them she had become outgoing and energetic.

After she was done getting dressed she went back to Hyuna. She got on top of the stool that faced the kitchen and sat on it.

When Hyuna turned around she was surprised to see Nari was all dressed up with sunglasses and her backpack already on her shoulders. “Where are you going?”

“The oppas didn’t take us with them. So can we go somewhere together” she asked hopeful.

Hyuna thought about it for a moment then nodded “sure.” If they were going to go off on their own then she would take Nari out as well. It wasn’t good to be locked up in a house all day. Nari was a kid full of curiosity; it was only natural for her to want to go out. “Let’s eat before we go okay?”

Nari nodded in agreement.

Just as Hyuna had finished making the food Thunder and Hyunwoo walked in through the front door carrying some boxes. “We’re home” Hyunwoo shouted as he put down the boxes.

Hyuna only glanced over at them before looking back down at what she was doing.

Nari didn’t turn at all.

Thunder went over to Hyuna and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Feeling better” he asked.

Hyuna only nodded as a response.

Thunder’s brow furrowed at her behavior. She didn’t look at him, smile, or even kiss him back. He looked over at Nari but she looked away. He then knew what was happening. “You two are mad aren’t you?”

“Yes we are” Nari responded.

Hyunwoo went over to Nari wanting to hug her but she pushed him away. “Both of you oppas are mean. You never want to take me and unnie with you.”

“Come on Nari let’s eat” Hyuna made her way around Thunder with two plates in her hands, one for Nari and one for herself.

“Don’t we get any food” Hyunwoo asked.

Hyuna shook her head.

“Really Hyuna? You were feeling sick this morning that’s why I didn’t even think to wake you up and take you with us.”

“Well now I’m perfectly fine.”

“How was I supposed to know that?”

“Oh my god are you two going to start fighting again” Hyunwoo asked with an annoyed look on his face. “When you two do that I’m glad I don’t have a girlfriend.”

“Shut up Hyunwoo” Hyuna wasn’t in the mood to deal with him. “Since you two didn’t take us this morning. I’m going to take Nari out for a while.”

Thunder quickly reacted “What? Where are you two going?”

“I want toys” Nari talked with full.

Hyuna wiped Nari’s mouth not wanting the food to get on her clothes. “Don’t talk with your mouth full Nari.”

She nodded and ate silently.

“The toy store is too far away. You might not make it back before the sun sets” Thunder protested.

“I’m not scared of the dark” Nari told him.

“That’s not what I mean Nari.” He went over to her side of the table and kneeled down next to her to explain. “It’s dangerous to be out there in the dark.”

Nari shook her head “there aren’t any more here. I saw it on the television they put the big wall around all the houses.”

Thunder looked over at Hyuna for an explanation. “She was watching the news with me last time.” He sighed before explaining to Nari. “Yes but there is still a door where cars go out and into the city. There could be monsters there.”

“But Hyuna unnie doesn’t get hurt and we always run away from a lot of zombies before.”

“Thunder we didn’t see any zombies. It will be the same for them. Just let them go have fun” Hyunwoo said before going to his room.

Thunder sighed, “Fine but you have to get back before sun set or I’ll go out and look for you.”

“Yay!” Nari smiled happily as she clung onto Thunder by his neck “thank you Oppa!”

***

Nari held onto Hyuna’s hand as they walked through the now occupied streets of the city. “I like it better like this” Nari said as she looked around. It was a good change of pace for her. She liked seeing people walking around her rather than zombies like it used to be before.

Hyuna nodded in agreement “it is.”

“Thanks to you and the oppas all these people can come outside now.”

“It wasn’t us-”

“Yes” Nari interrupted her. “You and the oppas all killed a lot of zombies and now there are no more.”

Hyuna chuckled at how Nari’s mind worked. It was true that they had taken out quite a bit of zombies from the city since it was something they were used to doing but the wall was what kept more from coming in. “The wall is the one keeping them out. Now we only see a little bit and nobody gets hurt.”

Nari nodded, “No more parents will die and leave their kids alone.” She became quite thinking of her parents.

“I’m sorry we couldn’t save your parents too Nari. I hope you don’t feel lonely without them because you have me and the oppas to take care of you.”

Nari giggled “yeah I like being with you unnie.” Nari didn’t have any siblings and now with Hyuna, Thunder, and Hyunwoo she had three older ones. She wondered if Hyuna thought of her like a little sister. “Unnie do you have siblings?”

Hyuna stopped as she heard the question. “I do, an older sister.”

“Where is she? Did the monsters get her?”

“No” Hyuna giggled “she’s always working and can’t be with me. I haven’t seen her in a while now and I can’t go where she lives because I’ll get in trouble.”

“Do you miss her” Nari looked up at Hyuna.

Hyuna nodded biting her lip.

Nari didn’t like seeing Hyuna sad. She pulled her arm asking her to come down to her height. When Hyuna complied Nari gave her a kiss on the cheek. “It’s okay unnie. I can be your sister and you won’t be sad anymore.”

Hyuna smiled with watery eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter