Chapter 13: Hyuna & Hyunbin

Battle Zblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We have to get rid of it!” Hyeri shouted back at Thunder. “You said she throws up blood and the black liquid that zombies always have in their mouths. What more evidence do you need?”

Thunder stayed quiet for a moment.

Hyuna couldn’t help but tear up as she heard her sister and Thunder fighting. It was time she accepted the truth. She had already thought about the possibility of having screwed up. There was already suspicion in her mind when she would throw up but after she thought more into it she remembered getting bitten and how long it took for the wound to heal.

Besides all that her stomach would hurt. Her insides were being taken over by her unborn child and it was obvious on the outside. When she looked in the mirror there was no more color in her face, her baby was literally the life out of her. It was something she didn’t want to accept but it was the truth.

Her baby wasn’t human. It was infected from when she got bitten saving Nari and would probably end up killing her. In the process of saving one child she lost another without knowing it.

“It’s true” Hyuna whispered loud enough for the other two to hear. “Our baby isn’t normal Cheondong.”

“That doesn’t mean we have to get rid of it. There has to be another way” he told Hyeri. He sat down beside Hyuna placing a hand over her stomach. “I told you I won’t hurt our baby.”

“We should bring one of the association’s doctor’s here” Dara suggested. “Maybe there is something we can do for Hyuna and the baby.”

***

After getting his equipment setup the doctor was able to do an ultrasound and check both Hyuna and her baby. Once he finished he opened the door allowing the others to come back inside and hear what happened.

“When Hyuna was bitten the wound took longer to heal as I understand, and she was already pregnant at the time. That did affect her and the baby.”

Hyuna looked down at her stomach in disappointment as she slightly rubbed it.

“In order to survive the fetus is feeding off of Hyuna. In order to get rid of the virus he is passing it to Hyuna. He will make it but Hyuna might not.”

Thunder’s eyes widened as he received the news. He could not imagine his life without Hyuna before, now even more. How was he supposed to take care of his child without her? “What? Why?”

“Nine months is too long for her to keep resisting this even with the Battle working inside her. If she doesn’t die from it all then she has more chances of being a zombie than a human after labor.” The doctor cleared his throat “if she even makes it to labor. There is a chance she might just pass out and an emergency c-section will have to be made.”

“Thank you for your help doctor” Dara lead him out of the house to let the other three talk.

“How will that be possible around here” Hyeri asked. “There aren’t many doctors who would be willing to climb that fence of yours.”

Hyuna bit her lip in worry. She didn’t want her child to be in danger once again. She had to protect this one and make up for not being able to protect her first one. “Hyeri stop” she gave her a look that silenced her from going on further. “I’m okay; I’ve already endured four months. I can continue for the full nine months.”

“Hyuna” Hyeri protested. “If you keep doing this you could die!”

Thunder kept quiet, he didn’t know what to do. As he listened to Hyeri and Hyuna fight he realized he too had to make the decision. Either way he ended up losing someone he loved.

“Hyeri I know you are concerned for your sister but this is a decision between her and I. It’s our child’s life that is on the line.”

“But my sister’s too” she interrupted. “If she dies then I won’t have anyone left and it will be on you!” Hyeri stomped her way out of the house. “Let’s go” she told Dara before climbing up the fence. She was ready to leave. If they weren’t going to listen to her then there was no reason for her to be there.

Thunder went out to check on Hyeri but when he saw her leave he knew she didn’t plan on coming back.

Dara looked at Thunder with concern. She didn’t know why Hyeri ran out on them but she also didn’t have a right to get involved in his problems, only give him advice on how to fix them. “Cheondong, we will be here until tomorrow. I’ll calm her down and bring her back to talk before we go.” She hugged her little brother then went over the fence.

“Goodbye Nari, take care.” Hyunmin said goodbye to the little girl his little brother seemed so fond of. The whole while they were there Hyunwoo had been taking care of Nari and playing with her. Hyunmin had been worried for his little brother. He didn’t want him being alone and feeling abandoned out here but now he saw he was fine here. “Later Woo” Hyunmin followed behind Dara to the rest of their team.

***

The next day Hyeri reluctantly was dragged back to Thunder’s house. “I don’t want to talk about it anymore! Can’t we just go home?”

“Hyeri I know you, when we get back yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter