Chapter 12: Gangs & Dongmin

Battle Zblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeri looked around at the city that had been helped Hyuna, Thunder, and Hyunwoo. It was pretty obvious to her that if it weren’t for them having been there then that city would still be overrun by zombies and most of the people there would be dead.

Once the truck stopped Hyeri got out and stretched. They had been riding for almost three hours now making her feel sore. She reached up to the sky then down to her feet and exhaled loudly. “Lead the way to your house Dara.”

Dara was about to start walking in the direction she remembered when Hyunmin stopped them. “Wait… shouldn’t we” he stopped to look around at the people who had accompanied them. There were some doctors and some of the association’s guards who came along to offer services to the city while the three Leaderz checked up on their siblings. Seeing that they might hear he got closer “Shouldn’t we pretend to do what we officially came for first?”

“Good idea” Dara agreed. It would be best that they carry out some work with the rest of the association’s staff and pretend like they really did come to check up on the city. “Hyunmin go with the guards to check the entrance to the city’s security protocols.”

Hyunmin nodded and went ahead to catch up to the guards who had immediately gone over there.

Hyeri sighed; she really wanted to check on Hyuna. She had a bad feeling ever since last night. She couldn’t sleep thinking of this trip. She snapped out of her thoughts when she noticed Dara waving her hand in front of her face. “What” she asked in confusion.

“What’s wrong with you Hyeri? You seem out of it.”

Hyeri shook her head in denial “I’m fine.”

“Okay…well then I was saying you and I will help the doctors set up the tents so they can start attending to the people.” Dara looked at Hyeri’s eyes and noticed they weren’t focusing anywhere, almost like she was all over the place. “Hyeri you know you can tell me anything.”

“There’s nothing to tell” Hyeri smiled “come on let’s get this done.” She ran off leaving Dara alone to think of why Hyeri was acting so out of the ordinary.

***

The sun was at its highest when the three of them were able to slide out of their work and go on the secret assignment the president had given them.

“Are you sure this is the way” Hyeri asked as she looked around for some shade. The sun was shining directly in their direction and she wasn’t a fan at the moment. “She wanted to get there quickly.”

Dara nodded, “I would never forget the way home.” As she got closer she could make out the fence the president had shown them was around her home. “Look there’s the fence.”

Hyunmin looked out to see the fence and noticed only a small portion was visible due to trees that also formed a barrier around certain parts. “I can’t believe they did all that on their own” he was talking about their siblings who he had very little faith would be alive at this point after leaving the association.

“Cheondong is a survivalist” Dara defended her brother.

“Hyuna is smart” Hyeri defended her sister as well.

Dara stopped as she noticed a small girl on the other side of the fence. She was smiling as she ran from side to side. “I will catch it” she shouted out.

“Who is that” Hyunmin asked.

“Are you sure this is the right place” Hyeri asked once more.

Dara nodded “yes this is.”

A ball then went over the girl’s head and rolled towards the fence. She ran after it trying to catch it but it stopped at the fence.

“Don’t touch it Nari” Thunder shouted out to her before pulling her back and carrying her in his arms. “You can get electrocuted if you touch it.”

“Cheondong” Dara called out to her brother wanting an explanation of who this little girl was.

Thunder looked over at his sister in surprise. “Noona” he was not expecting to see her again, ever. As he saw Hyunmin and Hyeri too he became concerned for Hyuna. He switched off the electricity “climb over.”

Nari held onto Thunder tighter as she saw the strangers approaching her and him.

Thunder noticed her behavior and unwrapped one of her arms from his neck allowing her face to become visible as well. “It’s okay Nari. This is my noona Dara” he motioned over at Dara who was eager to hug her brother but didn’t want to bother the little girl.

“Hi Nari” Dara smiled at her.

Nari then turned to her and bowed her head a little “hello.”

Thunder then pointed at Hyunmin “that is Hyunwoo Oppa’s hyung, Hyunmin.”

“He’s handsome” Nari whispered to Thunder with a blush on her cheeks.

Dara laughed when she heard her.

“And this is Hyuna’s unnie, Hyeri.”

Hyeri only looked at Thunder and the little girl with wide eyes. “And who is she?”

“She’s not your daughter right” Dara asked.

Thunder shook his head with a sigh. Like always Hyeri and Dara were something else. “How can she be my daughter noona? She’s seven; I haven’t even been away from the association a year.”

Dara and Hyeri nodded thinking that made sense and they were wrong for thinking otherwise.

“We saved Nari from some zombies and brought her with us when we found out she was alone.”

Dara nodded in understanding, her brother really was a loving and caring person.

“Hyung” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter