Chapter 4: Twins & Cousins

Battle Zblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Joon stood next to President Jung in front of the Zblings. “Today I am here to say we have reached our goal. We have brought down the zombie population significantly” Byunghee announced. “Our country has the least amount of infected in the world.”

Everyone clapped and cheered proud to have helped solve such a big problem. Now people who weren’t as fortunate as them to be unaffected by the virus would have a greater chance of staying human. Hyeri yawned tired of sitting still and hearing a lame announcement. “Can we go now?”

Hyuna shook her head in disapproval.

“Now then I would also like to announce that Dr. Lee has been developing a new serum over the last five months that he has been here. One that will allow twins to also become Zblings.” Byunghee motioned over for Lee Joon to take over.

Lee Joon stepped up to the microphone and cleared his throat. “Y-yes as Mr. President has announced, I have come up with a new serum and will hopefully double the number of Zblings within its first month of development. All that I require is one more ingredient… it is natural herb that grows only in South America.”

Now Byunghee went back to the microphone. “We have already made contact with the South American government and they have agreed to give us as much of the natural resource as we need as long as we take care of a little rescue mission for them. We agreed and will be sending numbers 1, 6, and 10 as has been requested by Dr. Lee.”

“What” Hyuna asked herself out loud.

“Why us” Hyeri asked out loud.

“Dr. Lee was very pleased with how quickly and efficiently the team that rescued him did so and wishes to send the same ones on this mission. It is not mandatory. If you do not wish to go then I can assign someone all you have to do is say so.”

Dara stood up to represent them. “We will go and accept the honor Dr. Lee has given us.”

Lee Joon smiled at Dara glad that she has accepted the assignment.

“Then it’s settled you leave tomorrow morning.”

***

“Why do you think the President agreed to Dr. Lee’s request of having us come” Hyunmin asked no one in particular as they walked across the pier.

“You heard how he can double the amount of Zblings by letting twins start entering. He is a valuable asset to the association and I’m sure what he wants he gets at this point in time” Hyeri answered as she put her hair up in a pony tail. She hated how her hair would stick to the back of her neck from how much she was sweating. “Ahhh Hyuna watch where you’re going” she angrily shouted as Hyuna stepped on the back of her shoe making it come off.

Hyuna peeked down to see what she had done and apologized. “Sorry Hyeri but you know I don’t like open water. I almost fainted when I looked up a moment ago.” She could swim in pools, lakes, rivers, anything you name it except the sea and ocean. She would faint at the thought of not seeing an end to the water or thinking how a wave could drag her away.

Dara patted Hyuna’s back trying to calm her down. “Don’t worry everything will be alright. You only have to swim in a straight line to the submarine and it’s not that far.”

Hyuna took a deep breath before nodding. “O-okay I can do this.”

They began walking again. The pier didn’t seem to end as they walked in the blazing heat with direct exposure to the sun. “How can they expect us to do everything” Hyunwoo asked. “They could have at least taken us out by boat.”

Although they agreed there was no use in complaining. They were already there at the end of the pier where Thunder was already swimming towards the submarine. He had gone ahead of them to check everything out before them and make sure they were at the right place.

Once he got to the submarine he swam around looking for the metal bars that were used as steps to climb to the top hatch. When he made it to the top he opened the hatch and turned back. “Oh ” he cursed as the smell of rotten corpses was released.

Even if they couldn’t smell it the others also scrounged up their noses. They could only imagine how horrible the smell was going to be when they got in there. Its dead bodies in a metal container that is constantly being hit by the hot sun, the smell was going to be awful. “We’re going to need the masks for this one” Dara said.

Hyunmin patted his backpack out the masks. “Got them in here.” Of course they weren’t going to escape the smell entirely but it would help.

“Well then let’s go” Dara jumped into the water immediately followed by Hyeri and Hyunmin.

Hyuna on the other hand struggled to jump in. Although she knew there was an end. Her endpoint was the submarine but what if a wave suddenly hit her and washed her away. She shut her eyes tightly at the thought and backed away from the edge of the pier.

“Hey” Hyunwoo shook her out of her thoughts. He pointed at his back. “I’ll piggyback you there.”

That sounded like the best solution to her but she had her doubts. “Are you sure you can swim with me weighing you down?”

“No problem now get on” he crouched down so she could get on his back. Once she was on he jumped into the water and began swimming to the submarine. When they got there he let her climb up first then went up to meet an angry Thunder. Everyone else was already inside except him. He was waiting for him with his mask.

Hyunwoo took the mask from Thunder with a smirk. “Thanks” he put it on.

Thunder knew he had to keep his eyes on Hyunwoo because he wasn’t backing down.

***

Dara and Thunder kept their eyes open for zombies as they made their way to the lowest part of the submarine. The South American government had been getting a distress signal from the emergency room of the submarine and they had wanted to check it out but every time someone went in they never came out. Now they wanted them to check it for them. They had hope that someone was still alive in there.

“Watch out” Thunder warned Dara before opening the door but it was too late she had opened it and a zombie popped out reaching for her. He quickly pulled her behind him and snapped the zombie’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter