Chapter 10: Inhaler & Nari

Battle Zblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeri was running as fast as she could away from the zombies. Dara was ahead of her running at a faster pace. “I can’t” Hyeri barely gasped out. She was beginning to lose the ability to breathe.

“Hyunmin cover us” Dara shouted out to him.

Hyunmin quickly set up his sniper rifle and began taking down the zombies behind them.

Dara sat Hyeri down by a wall “just take deep breathes hold on.” She reached into her pockets for Hyeri’s inhaler but couldn’t find it. “Hyeri where is it.”

Hyeri shook her head. “I don’t…. carry… Hyuna.” Hyeri gasped as she took in air and exhaled loudly. She began to regain herself letting her get up. “Let’s go” she ran to the vehicle that was waiting for them. When they got inside Hyunmin put down his gun and drove off.

“What happened” he asked.

“Nothing just lost my breath.”

Dara sighed, “We never thought about your asthma. Hyuna and you are actually more different than we thought.”

Hyeri shook her head “it’s nothing really. It doesn’t happen that often.”

“But when it does you could be in danger. You need to start carrying your inhaler and never let anyone see it” Dara instructed her.

“I’ll do it don’t worry.”

***

Hyeri looked around her apartment and sighed as she saw the mess she had made. “It has to be around here somewhere.” She began picking up the clothes she had thrown on the ground. “Why would she take it with her? I’m sure it has to be around here somewhere.”

“Hyeri” Dara called out as she walked inside. She knew she must be looking for the inhaler with all the mess that was around then again she always had a mess. Hyuna was the one who cleaned everything. Hyeri was the messy and unorganized one.

“I’m in here” she called out from Hyuna’s old room.

“Did you find it?”

Hyeri shook her head “no and I looked everywhere. Hyuna must have taken it by mistake.” She let go off everything in her hands and walked out of the room with her shoulders dropped. “What am I going to do? I can’t get another. Then there will be suspicion.”

“We have to try” Dara told her.

Hyeri nodded in agreement. “Let’s go to the infirmary.” They left the apartments and went to the association.

Once inside Hyeri and Dara made their way to the infirmary. On their way there they ran into Jessica. “Oh Hyuna” she called out to Hyeri still believing she was Hyuna.

Hyeri gave a friendly smile just like Hyuna usually would. “Hey Jessica” Dara immediately nudged Hyeri with her elbow knowing she was going to stop.  “Ow- I Jessica unnie I mean” she smiled again to hide her mistakes.

It was hard for Hyeri to dress, think, act, and talk like Hyuna rather than herself. The hardest thing was referring to most of those there as Oppa or Unnie.

Jessica thought nothing of Hyeri’s behavior and continued to ask what she wanted to. “Have you heard from Hyeri? I’ve been waiting for Krystal to call me but I haven’t gotten anything.”

“No” Hyeri shook her head.

“Well I guess that was expected. Your sister isn’t as caring as you are Hyuna. I feel sorry for you” she placed her hand on her shoulder. “You didn’t have an older sister to take care of you through all this. Instead you are the one who did everything for Hyeri.” She hugged her “but don’t worry I’m here in case you need anything.

Hyeri rolled her eyes not being able to be seen by her. She struggled to hug her back after hearing what Jessica thought of her. “Thanks unnie” Hyeri’s fake smile was evident to Dara.

Jessica then left the two of them alone letting Hyeri shiver from how uncomfortable that situation was to her. “She is too sentimental.”

“You are too” Dara reminded her. “You’re supposed to be acting like Hyuna” she whispered to her. “She would have smiled in appreciation to the point where her eyes would disappear into crescent shapes.”

Hyeri thought about it as they walked down the halls. “Dara…” she was finally able to ask Dara something that Jessica had brought to her attention. “Was I really a bad older sister to Hyuna?”

Dara immediately rejected the idea “of course not.”

“But-”

“Your switched places with your sister so she could live the life she wanted outside of her. It’s true that you are rough around the edges and don’t really show your emotions but when it’s most important you are there for Hyuna.”

Hyeri nodded as she listened.

“Now let’s go get that inhaler.” She opened the infirmary door with caution. They hoped the doctors and nurses were too busy to pay attention to them.

When they entered one of the nurses greeted them. “Hello do you need assistance?”

Dara shook her head, “I just have a quick question. Do you think you can answer it for me?”

“Of course I can.”

Dara blocked the nurse’s view from Hyeri as she started to look around the medicine cabinets. When she found what she needed she quickly stuffed it into her pocket and rejoined Dara and the nurse.

When Dara noticed Hyeri was back she cut off the conversation with the nurse. “Well thank you for all your help nurse Kim. Now I’ll know to be careful with that.”

“Any time” the nurse waved to them as they left.

Dara exhaled once they were out. She really thought they would get caught and found out Hyuna was actually Hyeri. “Now we have to keep it hidden from everyone.”

“That’ll be easy.”

***

Hyuna had finished getting ready and looked for Thunder. “Cheondong let’s go” she said as she put on her backpack.

Thunder remained quiet as he saw Hyuna getting ready to leave with him. “Why don’t I go alone this time?” Thunder hoped she would agree without making him say anymore but he knew Hyuna too well.

“What? Why?”

“Well, all we need is ammo for my gun right? Then I should take care of it m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter