Chapter 1: Leader & Attacker

Battle Zblings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna peeked her head out from behind the vehicle she and Hyeri were hiding behind. “Hyeri this is a horrible spot. The odds of us getting out of here without a scratch are 42.3%” She rolled across the asphalt to hide behind the next broken down vehicle. “We need to get up there then we can have a better angle and an escape route out of here.” When Hyuna looked back she saw Hyeri was no longer there. “Hyeri” she called out.

“That’s boring” Hyeri shouted from the other side of the street. She had her katana blade out; she was swinging it back and forth as she cut off the heads of the zombies that were making their way towards her.

Hyuna stood up not really having a reason to hide anymore. Hyeri was already making noise anyway. The zombies that didn’t know they were there had already heard and would go after them. “Hyeri you’re supposed to listen to me.”

Hyeri grunted as she pulled back her blade from the chest of a zombie. “I’m older so don’t try to lecture me.”

“I’m not trying to ahhh” Hyuna yelped as she felt teeth sink into her shoulder. She reached into the back of her skirt’s waist band and pulled out a purple butterfly knife. She tossed it around her hand opening it to reveal the blade part and stuck it into the zombie’s head. She pushed him off making him fall to the ground.  “Great” she sighed as she saw her shoulder bleeding. “Cheondong is going to get mad at me.”

After finishing the last zombie Hyeri went over to her sister. “You should have paid attention instead of lecturing me.” She kneeled down by the zombie Hyuna had killed. She used his shirt to clean off the blood from her katana.

Hyuna stomped her foot “I wasn’t doing that” she pouted and crossed her arms like a child. “You never listen to me because I’m younger but I’m smarter. The tests proved it that’s why I’m the Leader and you’re the attacker.”

Hyeri sighed, “and I attacked” she didn’t really care if her younger sister was smarter than her. Anyone else would but not her. It was normal for the older sibling to be the leader calling out the shots to their younger who would attack. “You would just complicate things. Not everything is a math equation Hyuna” she walked away from her towards door.

“Simulation off” Hyeri shouted the command and walked out of the now all white room. Hyuna sighed as she walked to catch up to her sister leaving behind the white room with dead zombies on the ground.

Hyuna knew they would get reconditioning soon if this continued.

As they walked down the hall in silence a doctor in a white lab coat stopped them. “Please come with me Hyuna.”

Hyuna nodded as she bit her lip. She knew she was going to the infirmary where they would patch up the bite on her shoulder. She was okay with that, what she didn’t like was giving them a blood sample.

“I’ll see you at home” Hyeri waved goodbye to Hyuna as she made her way out of the institute.

“I thought your sister would stay with you” the doctor told Hyuna.

She shook her head, “she has a show she likes to watch at this time. That’s why she just attacked all the zombies without waiting for my command.”

The doctor chuckled hearing the reason for why their simulation hadn’t gone right. “I see; then maybe we should schedule your next simulation at another time.”

Hyuna smiled “that would be great.”

When they entered the infirmary Hyuna’s eyes widened, “what are you doing here Cheondong?” Thunder didn’t look hurt and he certainly didn’t look happy. Hyuna could see his brow was furrowed.

Thunder hurried over to her and harshly moved her hand away from her shoulder. “How could you be so careless” he yelled at her.

Hyuna looked away from him. She couldn’t make eye contact with him when he was mad or else she would cry. She didn’t like seeing him like this. “I…” no more words could come out of .

“Dr. Yoon, give me the cleaning solution” Thunder wasn’t going to put his girlfriend in other people’s hands. He would take care of her himself.

Dr. Yoon knew this would happen. He handed him the solution along with the other things he would need. “My presence is useless around you two.”

“Sorry Dr. Yoon but I like to be in control of my life and that involves her so…” he trailed off as he began to pour some solution onto gauze.

At that moment Hyuna couldn’t take it anymore. She looked up at him with watery eyes and a quivering lip. “Cheondong” she managed to whisper before crying.

Cheondong pecked her pouted lips “stop crying or I won’t say it anymore.”

Hyuna

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter