Chapter 6

There's This Someone...

Monday came too fast and Lay was busy again in school. Being the top student and the president of the Student Council made him extra busy. Not to mention he also plays a big part in the Soccer team. Whenever he has free time, jsut like today, he spends it in the library. He alwaysa sat on the same spot whenever he wanted to be left alone. He had his earplugs on listeing to the melody he was able to create during the weekends. He was now writing the lyrics of the song.

He was busily looking for the right words when he felt someone taking the seat in front of him. He took his earplugs off and was surprised to see Minah smiling at him.

"Annyeong ,oppa!" Minah said and smiled at him.

"Hi Minah. Do you need nything?" He asked politely. As much as possible he wanted to be left alone.

"I just wanted to talk to you.So what's up?"

Great. Talking. I'm good at that. Lay said to himself sarcastically.

"Uh..nothing really. just..just writing some stuff. "He simply answered.

"Hey, are you free after class. There's this new coffee shop just a few blocks away. I wanted to check it out but my friends have practice so, do you want to join me?" Minah smiled sweetly.

He looked at her. His mind was still filled with Dara and he cannot help but compare her smile with the girl sitting in front of him. He chuckled to himself.

"Sure. I'd love that." He said even without thinking.

"Great! I'll see you later then! Annyeong!" Minah said.

When she left, Lay stared outside the window. Maybe this was what Dara wanted. Maybe she's giving him the time to fulfill his wish. This was the original plan after all. But where is that princess? Does she not know she has been running on his mind for some time now?

xxxxxxxx

Not far from where Lay is ,Dara was sitting on a tree branch staring at him. She knows the guy wanted to be left alone so she did not show up.She also made sure to block all the toher dieties from reading his thoughts.

"If you were human, you could've been sued for stalking." Chen said to her.

"Don't you play smart with me." She responded lifelessly.

"Why are you even hiding from him? "

"Just...just giving him some space.. "

Chen looked at her. Just by looking at her eyes he already knows what she's going through. The smile on his face disappeared as he saw how her expression changed.He followed where she was looking at Lay happily talking to a girl.

Why does it have to be him? Why can't it be me? He wanted to ask her but did not bother to since he knows what the answer would be.

"You're making it more complicated.You know you want to be with him. No matter how you avoid him , you cannot deny the need to be with him. Just like me, princess. I need to be with you because I am made by you and for you."

Dara looked at him and smiled.

"Awwwweeee...you troll!how did my Chen-chen become so sweet?!"

He just laughed trying to fool her how happy he was. But he can never fool himself.

xxxxxxxx

Dara followed Lay and Minah in the cafe. She is now with Kris who was just a few steps behind her.

"You know ,princess, you could've just showed yourself to him so we wouldn't need to avoid him like this.And you should remove that shield so we can just easily go through his mind and feelings"

"Aisht! Shut up , you giant and hide!"

"Why should we?Have you forgotten we have powers and we are invisible to their eyes?"

It seemed to Dara that had spoken some holy words that she beamed.

"OH STUPID ME! HOW COULD I FORGET THAT? YOU'RE SO SMART OPPA!" The latter just rolled his eyes in response and continued following her.

You really have to make it complicated and fall for a human. Why can't you judt fall for our kind? Better yet, why don't you just love me? Kris thought as she was looking at Dara.

xxxxxxx

Minah forced Lay to have lunch with him and the latter agreed since he knew that he coudln't win over a woman like Minah.

After they had lunch, Minah pursued Lay to watch a horror movie. He just agreed to stop her from whining.He really hate girls whining..well except her..

Lay boredly sat on his seat while Minah didn't let go of his shoulder. His left palm on his cheek. While Minah kept closer to him he felt irritated, The girl asked him to watch a horror movie but she can't even watch it for a minute without hiding.

He almost dozed off when he felt something was thrown at him. He ignored it. Then, there it was again. He turned his back and decided to confront whoever was throwing popcorn on his head when he sa DO and Kai staring at him. DO 's eyes were big and tried to tell him to comfort the girl. Kai did the same. He just rolled his eyes and wrap his other arm in Minah's shoulder.

Minah snuggled even closer to him.

Ugh..Too close. Lay thought. If this was Dara,she would not stop talking at how annoying and boring the movie is. Heck, she wouldn't even choose a horror movie.

xxxxxxxx

Dara was sulking in her room again. The other dieties were just there doing their best to cheer her up.

"Yah, Kris hyung, where did the two of you go? Why is she acting like that again?" Tao asked.

" Do you really have to ask? Who do you think we followed? There's only one person who makes her feel like that."

"We shouldn't have agreed to help her." Luhan said.

"If we didn't,she'll still be doing it anyway." Sehun aswered.

"Uh... hello? I'm here and I COULD ALL HEAR YOU TALKING ABOUT ME!!! "Dara said.

"Princess, aren't you happy? Lay hyung is starting to get close to that Minah girl. If he falls in love with her that that's the end of your connection with him!" Kai told her.

"What? What did I say?" He asked them.

"Really? You really had the guts to ask that?!" DO sarcastically said.

Dara frowned and looked away. All the other dieties stared at him like they were already killing him.

Dara reamined sitting on her bed, hands hugging her legs. She was silent again.

"You know you can always call me if you're sad. You made me to bring happiness, remember?" Chanyeol told her.

"Aigoo, you look hideous when you're like this." He tried to make her feel better but it doesn't seem to work.

"He's making me confused, Channie and I hate it." She said.

"So it's the human again? Should I burn him for you?"

"Stop joking. I'm serious."

"Sorry. I was trying to make you feel better.What are you confused about?"

"Why am I feeling this way.?I should be happy now that he seems to be comfortable with Minah."

"May be you're too busy thinking of hisfeelings that you don't notice your . You're drowned with with thinking of his feelings that you don't have enough space in your brain to understand what's inside your heart."

He swallowed deep before he continued"..or maybe ,both of you have the same feelings. You just don't want to recognize it."

She finally looked at him with those big brown eyes, "Should I have the same feelings? I'm starting to doubt myself. I'm not sure of things anymore. I don't know what I want. All I know is that I want him to be happy. The only thing that matters to me now is Lay and his happiness. He's the only thing that's clear to me now.for some strange reason ,I do not think of any girl that deserves him. I can't think of anyone else that wants his happiness more than...more than I do."

Chanyeol gave her a small smile. Trying to hide what his heart truly feels."Then ,everything should be clear to you by now ,then."

"I don't understand."

"You soon will,princess." He kissed his forehead and bid her good night. He had to vanish so she won't be able to see his tears that was threatening to fall. For the first time in his life, he felt like he lost his purpose. He felt sad. He lost hope that some day the princess will fall for him and his happy charm. It was too late..because she already fell for someone else.

 xxxxxxxx

 

Here's the xiuDara link.. It's quote a common story though...but ...yeah..check it out. :)

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/938512/deal-with-it-2nexo-exo2ne1-xiudara