Chapter 5

There's This Someone...

It was Friday. Lay was preparing to go out from his classroom when a girl appeared again in front of him. He just had this poker face again. While Dara, who was sitting on his desk, still not visible to the others except for Lay stared at the girl with so much interest.

"Hi, Lay oppa.I'm Minah!" The girl said and smiled.

"Omo! She called you oppa Kyaaa! This is the first. Great guts there!" Dara said happily.

"Shut up." Lay hissed at Dara in a small voice but Minah was able to hear him.

"I'm sorry.Uhm.. do you have plans tonight?"

"Yes."

"No!" Yah! Lay, stop lying to the girl! You don't have plans for tonight!"Dara said.

"Aisht, so noisy."

"Oppa, are you okay?"

"I'm fine and I'm sorry, I have plans tonight."

"Oh...I see. "Minah said with disappointment all over her face.

"Look at her! She looks like she's about to cry!!!!!" Dara stood up and placed her hands on her waist."You are so heartless! Can you please comfort her and tell her that you're free tonight?!"

Lay sighed heavily.

"Fine. Sorry. I think I'm free tonight. Why do you ask?"

"Really oppa? Great! Me and my friends are having a party at my house tonight around 7. Do you think you could join us?" Minah said ,her eyes sparkling.

" Okay. "

"Chincha?! Thank you ,oppa! I knew you won't turn me down! Here," She gave him a piece of paper with probably her address written in it. "I'll expect you tonight! Annyeong!" She said happily and left.

"Happy?" Lay said to Dara.

"Ecstatic!" She said and showed him her beautiflu smile. He just rolled his eyes and left. But deep inside he wanted to touch her perfect face and tell her she's the most beautiful girl he's ever seen.

Lay was again forced by Dara to attend the party. He was thankful that he saw some familiar faces there and started socializing. Dara was sitting on branch of the tree watching his every move.

Dara saw Minah approached Lay and the two talking. She smiled and clasped her hands. He wished he won't say something stupid to her or shoo her away and surprisingly he didn't . He even smiles at her and continue with their conversation.

Dara never saw this side of Lay. He never saw him enjoy someone else's company or smile or laugh except when the two of them are bantering, He should be happy because if this continues, then Lay will find his love and she doesn't have to marry an Asura but why does her heart feels like its contracting every time she sees the two exchanging smiles she can't help but frown.

was even left open when he saw Lay hold Minah's waist to keep her balanced when she almost fell.

"Oh please, she obviously faked it." She said and rolled her eyes.

"You know, for a royal diety you are judgmental."

She got startled when he saw Baekhyun beside her grinning at her.

"Shut up. What do you want and why are you here?"

"Lay summoned me."

"oh..HE WHAT?"

"He summoned me. Didn't we all tell him to call us if he needs our help?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Well, thats why I'm here! He obviously needed me!"

"So that's why the idiot was so good with talking to that girl!"

"Woah! That girl? You know her name ,right? Why do I smell jealousy? Are you perhaps jealous that his attention is no longer yours? You should be happy with this but with what I'm seeing, you look upset."

"Shut up. Can you just disappear like..now?!"

"Why would I? I'm still entertained!"

" You can remove the spell from him now. They're already talking to each other for almost an hour now. I bet he's tired."

"His mind says otherwise."

"What?"

" I removed the spell already. He just used it for 10 minutes. After that, he was the one doing those other stuff." He said and grinned at her.

"So this means that he really loved talking to the girl?" She said to herself. Baekhyun noticed the sad tone from her voice.

"Yah, shouldn't you be happy? If this goes on then the means that the deal will be done in no time! Lay will be happy with Minah and you will be happy as well and you don't need to marry an Asura! And, you'll never see each other again!"

"Yeah...that's...that's the plan... and I'm excited to not see his face again." Dara said sadly still her eyes looking at the two.

Baekhyun knew what was happening and he knows he was hurting. This is the first time he ran out of words to say.

If you could've just fallen for me... he thought while looking at her.

He scooted closer to her and rested his hands on her shoulders.

"You're hair color just changed. "

"Huh?" Dara looked at Baekhyun with a questioning look.

"It's black. That means your sad." He said and smiled weakly. He then disappeared.

Dara sighed and kept looking at Lay and Minah happily chatting with each other.

"That's right, Lay..forget about me."

xxxxxxxx

It was 2 in the morning when Lay came home from the party. He sleepily went to his room the moment he arrived. After cleaning himself and changing to his sleepwear ,he went straight to his bed and settled himself on his sheet. He immediately fell in deep slumber.

Dara was watching his every move. Actually, she never left him alone. From the party til he came home. She was watching him from afar. She wanted to know if he will try to look for her but unfortunately, it seems that he forgot her. She leaned closer to his face. He studied his features. From his long lashes, his pointed nose and his red cheeks to his kissable lips. She frowned.

"How could you forget about me?" She said in a whisper. "Do you like her that much that you forgot I was there ,too the whole time?" She said to him as if he was awake.

She got startled when he suddenly opened his eyes and looked at her. He smirked. Without seconds, he pulled her on to the bed making her back facing him. He snuggled close to her, his hands on her waist. She stiffened with the contact. She can feel his breathe on her neck.


"Y--yah..W--what are you doing?" She asked with her voice shaking.

She heard him chuckle.She wanted to get away from him but he held her tightly.

"Don't. Don't go. I've been looking for you everywhere. Let's stay like this." He said with his sleepy voice. She felt her lips kiss her hair. It was a good thing that she was not facing him or else he would surely see her blush.

A few minutes after, she heard his soft snore. She tried to remove his hand from his waist but he tightened his hold.

"No..Stay, Dara..." He said and went back to sleep.

She smiled and feel into slumber after.