Chapter 15

There's This Someone...

"The heart remembers what the mind forgets"

xxxxxxxx

Dara and Lay continued to walk hand in hand. They are now back in Lay's house and are walking in their garden. They decided to sit in the bench. The sincerest smile are seen on their faces.

"Today is daebak. I didn't imagine being able to go to those places. I didn't even know those are real places." Lay said with a smile on his face."Thank you."

"Aigoo. I didn't plan all of these. I was also dragged into this"Dara chuckled."But I'm happy that you're happy."

"

Because you make me happy."

Dara didn't know what to answer. She blushed which made Lay laugh.

"I didn't know dieties blush ,too."

"Shut up."

The two of them grew silent.

"Dara, I have something to tell you." Lay said and stared at her seriously She swallowed hard and did not speak. She just looked back at him like telling him to continue.

"I..I ....I love you. I don't know but everytime you're near me, I find answers to every mystery..to every question that I have.I love you ,Dara."

A confession from Lay ..this would have been the happiest day of her existence ..if only she can stay forever..or if only she was human just like him.

Lay expected Dara to accept his confession.She wouldn't allow him to kiss her if she doesn't feel the same way ,right? But the sadness in her eyes told him otherwise.It made him worry .He felt cold sweat falling and he felt nervous.

"Dara...if you need time..I can---"

"No.I don't have time. That's some thing I don't have.And even if I do ..it doesn't matter because we can never be together."

"What are you saying? I thought ---"

"Forget about me. By tomorrow, the wish shall be fulfilled and after that, you will never see me again."

It took all of Dara's strength to say those words.It hurts so much. She wanted to die right that very moment.

"You're kidding me, right?You don't really mean that, Dara.Right?" Lay said His voice was shaking.

Dara did her best not to cry.

"What you heard is the truth. Tomorrow evening, the wish shall be fulfilled. You shall find love.and I shall disappear forever."

Dara stood up and was about to disappear but he heard Lay spoke.

"Yes ,I found love! I found love because what I've been lookkng for you is yo,Dara! Is that so hard to understand?"

He sounded so frustrated that she almost wanted to take everything back.

"It's too late."

"How can you be so selfish?Why are you deciding for me?"

Her tears finally fell and she disappeared without giving him an answer.

xxxxxxxx

Lay sat on his bed. His head was hung low and both her arms resting on his legs. Dara's words kept repeating on his mind.

Was he wrong this time?Is this what he deserved for being a jerk to her before? But does she have to be that harsh?Does she really not feel anything for him.

Kris and Luhan was in his room watching what Lay is doing.They can no longer interfere this time.

"If only he knows how Dara sacrificed for him, he would kill himself for telling her she's selfish. "Kris said as he kept looking at the miserable human.

"Don't you think Dara was really selfish? She decided immediately without asking him."Luhan answered.

"If she asks Lay, will it change anything?" Kris asked again.

Luhan sighed instead of answering the other diety. All they can do right now is to wait and hope their plan works. Nothing else.

xxxxxxxx

Dara kept crying the moment she disappeared.

"Dara."She saw Sehun standing in front of her.She stood up and hugged him.The latter hugged her back and let her cry. He closed his eyes. He doesn't want to see her in this state.Not now .Not ever.

"Mianhe,Lay.Mianhe.I'm sorry."Dara kept repeating in between her sobs.

"Cry it all out. Cry until you feel weak. Cry until the pain subsides"Sehun said as he rubbed her back.

"If only that is possible,Sehun. If only my tears can drown the pain that I'm feeling right now ,then I'd cry every tear left..I'll cry even if I have no more tears left."

Sehun lost all his strength. He can no longer find the right words to say.If only he can let the wind take all of her pain away....

xxxxxxxx

Tao was in the same room with Sehun and Dara. The hardest part of being the one controlling time is when you wanted to stop it but can't. If only he can turn back time and let them start from scratch...

"It's too late, Dara...I'm sorry..the only thing we can give you is this gift ...and to make sure that you will have a beautiful death."He said as tears started falling from his eyes as he closed them.

xxxxxxxx

Lay woke up feeling empty the next day.He wanted to stay in the bed the whole day but unfortunately he can't because of his class.

The moment he stepped out of the house,he knew something felt unusual. Something was different. He sighed and shook off the idea on his mind.

He better do something else rather than think of random things. He has to keep himself busy because if he doesn't ,he might think of her.

xxxxxxxx

The day pased immediately.Lay did not see any of the dieties .He got home very tired. He felt more exhausted not seeing her.

He decided to go to the garden and spend time their.It might help him forget about her.

"So it's full moon today."He said to himself.

Just then, Dara appeared a few steps from where he was sitting. He stood immediately. He stayed frozen.

She took the steps and walk closely to where he was standing.

She smiled but it was a sad one.It was not like those bright smiles he gives him when they were playing around.It made him worry.

This is the night she'll leave me.... He thought.

"I...I am here to fulfill the wish that was made for you."She said. She sighed heavily before she held her palms open in front of him.

He looked at her palm as well. Moments after, a small ball of light started to form in it.

"I am giving you the happiness you deserve..the love that you should have..This was the wish made for you from a heart pure of innocence and sincerity. I am here to give you the fulfillment of your wish." She chanted. Now, she was smiling but tears were falling from her eyes.

She closed her eyes and raised her palms to send the ball of light to the heavens.

"It's now on its way to the gods. Once it reaches the heavens, the wish shall be granted. And I will disappear."

"I don 't understand. I found love, Dara. I am happy and I am in love with you but why are young still going to disappear????"Lay can no longer hold it in.

"I lost hope. I gave up on you. But I wanted to make sure that no matter what, you will be given your wish.So I made a bargain."

"What bargain?"

"My life in exchange for the wish to be granted."

"What?! No! Dara,that's just absurd! Tell them ,you take it back! Tell them that I love you!"Lay panicked."YAH!! I KNOW YOU CAN ALL HEAR ME UP THERE! I LOVE DARA DON'T TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME!!"Lay shouted in the heavens. His tears started to fall. "Jebal! Jebal!! Don't take her away from me ...please.."

Dara broke down. She can't watch him do this.

"Lay ,it has been done. Once the bargain has been done, I cannot take it back."

"No. no.Please no." Lay said as he hugged her tightly.

"No. no.Please no." Lay said as he hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry. But before I disappear.."

"Dara what's happening?"Lay panicked even more when Dara started to fade.

"I wanted you to know that..I love you.I always will."

Lay's knees weakened as he heard her words but she was gone .

"Dara...you are the answer to my prayers..you are the wish made for me...i ..love you...." Lay said in a murmur after he passed out.

The dieties stood in front of Lay. Xiumin held his head and erased all the memories of Dara. Everything about them and everything about Dara has been removed in his memory

"It will be better for him if his mind does not remember anything."Suho said as all of them disappeared one by one.

xxxxxxxx

 

Hi everyone!!! I'm really sorry if it took a long time to update! I was busy but now I think I can update more beause my first class is over though I still have to do monitoring and all! I am very happy because the result was good so yeah!! I hope you enjoy the update!