Myungyeol ~Waterparks, Not Warriors

Truffle Waffle Shuffle [Drabbles/Shorties/Ficlets Collection] : INFINITE Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Continuation of previous chapter

Sungyeol himself couldn’t believe that he actually called in to his boss and lied that he was sick so that he could go with his roommate. “What the hell are you doing, Lee Sungyeol?!” his mind scolded him as he nervously fiddling with his fingers. The two of them were now in a café just near their apartment. Myungsoo sat right before him, calmly seeping his matcha frappé. “Sorry that I forced you out like this,” the younger said, looking at him, seemingly felt guilty about it. “I thought if I didn’t do this, we wouldn’t be able to have a proper talk face to face forever since our schedule never matched,” he continued with a sheepish grin on his face. “Uh, oh, that’s fine. I need a breather as well,” the elder replied in a rather awkward manner, taking a sip of his Americano. “Maybe we can use this opportunity to truly talk about stuffs then? Perhaps like the arrangement of our groceries schedule or house rules?” Myungsoo offered with a kind smile on his face. Upon seeing it, he felt his heart skipped a beat. How could someone be this effortlessly handsome? It’s almost unfair for other men.

 

The first hour, Sungyeol was way too nervous to focus on anything properly and they kind of ended up discussing about their shared flat related stuffs. They came to an agreement that groceries needed to be done once a week and they took turns every week. Along the way, they even made the grocery list, filled by stuffs each of them would buy, for example, Myungsoo really liked apples while Sungyeol couldn’t survive a day without his coffee, so they agreed to get some every week. As both were pretty flexible, they didn’t set much rules as long as they respected each other’s privacy. The talk about housing stuffs didn’t last much longer as Sungyeol started to get more comfortable around his roommate. Their talk begun to branch out else where, even to more personal things like family and such. He learned that despite of his handsome and chic look, Myungsoo was very friendly and a bit talkative too. Their conversation got less and less awkward and it was surprising how it felt so natural for them to chat like this, that the two didn’t even notice how much time had passed.

 

After the Sunday outing, they still sent each others letter and notes every now and then, even though not as often as before. They began to make time to talk around the house in the morning, Sungyeol made an effort to wake up earlier just so he could welcome his roommate home. Things started changing. For the better of course. Before they rarely message each other via phone, now they texted each other often. Sometimes they even sent each other photos of interesting things they found that day. Each day, they grew closer and more comfortable around one another. Although there were times when Myungsoo would catch him off guard or make his heart flutter like when the younger stared at him deeply without doing or saying anything, but a smile on his face out of the blue. Or when Myungsoo got too close to the point invading his personal space. He learned that the male had a habit of doing physical contact which he hadn’t used to, so it caught him off guard all the time.

 

Like one morning, when he was cooking breakfast fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter