Gyujong ~Quote Unquote, Die Happy

Truffle Waffle Shuffle [Drabbles/Shorties/Ficlets Collection] : INFINITE Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kid Gyujong on the way

Since he was younger, Sunggyu was indeed smarter than his peers which made the boy pretty reluctant to socialize with his friends. The reason being what they’re doing were simply stupid for him. So when his neighbor’s son who’s apparently younger than him got way too attached to him, he was trying all he could to push the younger away. Unfortunately, Lee Sungjong was a hell of stubborn kid who didn’t know how to give up or at least so Sunggyu thought. It came to that point that the elder who’s getting tired in the end and letting his neighbor following him around despite of the fact he didn’t bother to talk to him. Like when he was taking a walk around the park near their neighborhood, the boy was tailing behind him sort of like a bubbly little puppy..

 

“Hyung! Hyung, look! Butterfly!” the boy said with a bright smile on his face upon seeing a butterfly among the flowers, running around to catch them. The elder simply took a quick glance, rolling his eyes before his focus went back to the new book his parents bought him. The six year old hadn’t had the full controls over his limbs and soon, as Sunggyu expected, fell onto the ground. His clothes were dirtied by the sand and there was scratch on his knee, but little Sungjong was way too excited about catching the butterfly to be bothered by it. The boy quickly stood up and again ran after the flying animal, leaving the elder who was sitting by the swing shook his head softly, shrugging lightly as he didn’t really care.

 

Getting his focus back on his book, again his neighbor didn’t let it happened. The younger stood in front of him, forcing him to look at him to chase him away since Sungjong basically blocking away the sunlight. “What do you want?” the ten years old asked, annoyed by the latter’s behavior as well as his bright smile.

 

“For you!” the boy said with his bright smile while holding out a small bouquet of flowers he made from any flowers he managed to find around. It was messy and a bit dirty since Sungjong’s little hands were covered by dirt just like his clothes and his legs. Yet the younger didn’t seem to mind it. Sunggyu on the other hand though, frowning at how dirty the latter was and quickly closed his book. His mind already proceeding how many germs were there and honestly, he was a bit disgusted by the thought. Standing up, he pushed the other slightly to get him off of his way without taking the bouquet. “We’re going home,” he said, walking off first.

 

“But, Hyung! The flowers!” the smaller boy said, quickly followed while still holding out the flowers, hoping the latter would take it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter