Xiao Yu Comes To Stay

Maid for a Genius

“Good morning, Gui!!” Mei Mei greeted as she burst through the door, making loads of sunlight flash into my room. I threw the covers over my head.

“I’m still tired,” I complained. “Let me sleep.” Mei Mei started smacking at the bed covers.

“Come on!!” She cried. “I need to see you get up or else I might think you’re going to run away again!!” I sighed.

“Okay, okay!” I said. “I’m up! I’m up!” Mei Mei watched as I lifted the bed covers from my head. We both stared at each other for a long time.

“…I need to get changed,” I said, giving her a hint. She jumped.

“Oh!” She said, skittering off towards the door and getting out of my room. “Sorry.” She closed the door. I sighed.

“GUI GUI!” She yelled from behind the door. “ARE YOU STILL THERE? YOU BETTER NOT RUN OFF!!” I turned my head towards the door. Dude! She had only seen me about like ten seconds ago! Why would I decide to escape that quickly??

“I’m here! I’m here!” I yelled back. “Don’t worry, I won’t run off.”

“A-Ah!” Mei Mei replied. “That’s good!” I got off my bed and changed into my terrible, terrible maid uniform. While I was trying to get the dress on, Mei Mei banged on the door.

“GUI GUI!!” She yelled. “YOU STILL THERE?? YOU DIDN’T RUN OFF, DID YOU?” I sighed.

“YES,” I shouted back. “I’M STILL HERE.”

“Oh,” Mei Mei replied. “Alright.” I rolled my eyes and continued dressing. While I was tying my hair and checking the mirror, more shouting came.

“GUI!!” Mei Mei yelled. “THERE’S BEEN NO SOUND! ARE YOU STILL THERE??” Boy, this kid was sure desperate.

“YES, FOR THE LAST TIME!” I yelled. “I’M ALMOST DONE!” I heard a gasp from behind the door.

“You’re almost done trying to get out of the window and running away?” Mei Mei said with shock. “NO!! DON’T!!” I slapped my forehead. In other words, face palmed.

“No!” I yelled. “I mean that I’ve almost finished getting ready!”

“Oh,” Mei Mei said. “Okay.”

~~~

When we had walked into Aaron’s room, there was another boy there, sitting on the chair. He had brown hair, all parted to one side. He looked at us in disgust.

“Who are these people, Aaron?” He said. Aaron looked up from his desk briefly.

“The maids,” He said, putting his head back down again. I scrunched my nose.

“Why did you call us here again?” I asked. Aaron waved a hand towards the boy sitting on the chair.

“Look after him for the next few months, will you?” He said. “His name is Xiao Yu, he’s a family friend, and his parents have gone to holiday somewhere and have left him here for me to look after.” I raised an eyebrow.

“And why aren’t you going to look after him?” I asked.

“I could,” He said, head still down. “But I’m sick right now. I need to rest.”

Mei Mei gave me a questioning look. I guessed she was wondering why he was sick.

“Ah,” I said, the side of my mouth twitching from trying not to smile. “Are you sick because you rescued me last night OUTSIDE IN THE COLD?” The boy looked quickly from me to Aaron.

“I thought I told you,” Aaron said calmly, looking up again. “I didn’t go outside to help you; I wouldn’t go outside to help you. I got a nearby security guard to get you because you fainted right on the floor.”

“Then how did you get sick?” I challenged. Aaron didn’t say anything and kept his head down. Boy, he really did look a bit sick.

“Aaron? Risk his health to run outside for a simple looking girl?” Xiao Yu snorted. “That would be utterly amazing and impossible!” I glared at Xiao Yu. Simple looking? SIMPLE LOOKING!? I am the world’s best thief and cutest and awesomest thief! Yet he called me simple!? I was going to say that but then I suddenly remembered; the great thief Gui Gui had supposedly died jumping from a nerd’s roof.

Oh boy. If Aaron wasn’t feeling sick, I really would’ve killed him for saying that.

“So can you help me look after this guy for a few months?” Aaron said, ignoring Xiao Yu’s comment. Mei Mei nodded and saluted.

“You can count on us, young master!” She said. I groaned. I had a bad feeling about this.

~~~

“Bring me some food,” Xiao Yu ordered when we got to his room where he would be staying. “I’m hungry after travelling here.”

“U-Um…What food would you like?” Mei Mei asked nervously. He looked at her.

“Guess,” Was all he said. Poor Mei Mei! She looked like she didn’t know what to do.

“Ah…” She said. “I…I don’t really know…” Xiao Yu slammed his fist on a table and Mei Mei flinched.

“Dude!” He said. “I’m famous, you know? What kind of commoner are you? The ones that are slow on life?” This made me angry. I brushed past Mei Mei and walked straight to Xiao Yu.

“What do you give?” I said to him. “Do you think every one of us would know such a snob like you!? Do you think everyone cares about what foods you like and don’t like? Do you think you can be spoilt just because you’re living here and we’re looking after you? No!” I stomped my foot onto the ground and pointed to myself.

“You can’t act spoilt and mean to Mei Mei when I’m around,” I said. “You got that!?”

Nobody’s POV:

Xiao Yu stared at Gui Gui for a while.

“Hmph,” He muttered. “Now I see why Aaron sees you as a special one.”

“WHHHAAATT??” Gui Gui said, putting a hand to her ear. “What did you say? I couldn’t hear you because you were mumbling.”

“Nothing, nothing,” Xiao Yu replied. “Now go get me some food, anything! I don’t care anymore.” Gui Gui gave him a short nod before taking Mei Mei outside.

~~~

Back to Gui Gui’s POV:

Sheesh! Do these rich people think we have super sonic hearing that we can hear what they’re muttering!?? I dragged Mei Mei along the hallway to the kitchen. The chef gave us a “what-are-you-doing-here” stare.

“Food for the master,” I said, not bothering to tell her I meant Xiao Yu. The chef’s eyes sparkled.

“Food for master Aaron?” She said, eyes full of hope. “Big scallops? Prawns? Dried meat? His favourite foods and spices?”

“Yeah, whatever,” I said. “You just have to make it. And be quick.”

She took a mighty long time. Whenever I told her to hurry up a little, she would say, “Wait! Not yet! I need to put all my heart and love into this!!”

Ugh.

~~

Author’s Note: Sorry for the long wait!

I just realised something terrible…THE MAID FOR A GENIUS FAN FIC POSTER I MADE HAS A SPELLING MISTAKE!! :O

Yep, I spelt “Genius” wrong. Waahh!! That’s so sad! My English was good, but now it’s gone corrupt! (Jks ;D)

And now Xiao Yu comes into the story.

But what does he mean by “Hmph, now I see why Aaron sees you as a special one”??? EI, EI, EI?? :D

I made Xiao Yu’s character a little stuck up, didn’t I?? ^^||

Sorry!!

But hey, either Gui Gui or Mei Mei will change his character during the story!! ;D Which one do you think?? Guess and I’ll update!

Thanks for commenting and subscribing!