birthday bash part2

Maid for a Genius

 

A Big Birthday Bash! (Part 2)

Violins played, guests still dined and talked. This was such a boring party. I feared that I might accidentally fall asleep during this. I shuffled around impatiently. Where was Aaron?

I couldn’t find him anymore. I lifted my animal mask up a tiny bit. It was getting so hot and stuffy here so I decided to go outside for a breather. It was then I noticed that Aaron was standing outside, leaning on the rails of the balcony and looking up at the stars. Before I got beside him, he turned around and noticed me. He leaned with both elbows on the rails and cocked his head to the side and smiled.

“What’s wrong, little mouse?” He asked. “Too afraid to approach the big cat?” I took off my mask.

“No…” I said. “That party of yours if very boring.” He smiled and turned back around to look at the stars again.

“Yes, but at least everyone enjoys themselves,” He said. I stared at him from behind. When I looked at him like that, he looked so lonely, so forlorn. He looked like a small child that had been abandoned by his mother.

Without thinking, I ran forward and hugged him from behind. He stopped and I quickly let go.

“Um,” I said, blushing. “That is…S-Stop looking so lonely and uh, go have some fun. I-It’s your birthday so you should be enjoying it.” He turned and looked at me for a while.

“Hm,” He said, looking thoughtful. “Maybe I should.” He stepped towards me and before I knew it, he kissed me on the forehead. I blushed right red and jumped back.

“Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh-What was that!?” I shrieked but not too loud so that people from inside could hear. He smiled playfully.

“You said I could enjoy myself, right?” He said. “I can do what I please, right?”

“N-No!!” I said. “I didn’t say that!!” He shrugged.

“My birthday,” He said with a you-can’t-do-anything-about-that look. “Hehe, but thanks for the hug.” I could feel my face going redder and redder. I slid my mask down my face again.

“I-If you keep being alone by yourself like this again,” I said. “Th-Then I’ll…I’ll karate chop your face!” I stomped off into the main hall again.

~~~

Soon, the party started to end and guests started leaving. We all sent them our goodbyes and each maid headed back to their rooms. I stayed behind with Min Pei.

“Ugh!” She said. “That was such a boring party! Ya Lun, just because you’re the smartest guy in the world doesn’t mean that you have to hold the most formal party in the world!” Aaron smiled.

“I think it was quite enjoyable outside before,” He said, turning to me. “Don’t you think?”

“N-No!” I yelled. “Th-That…You…The party…” Ugh.

MinPeilooked at each of us.

“Oh?” She said, eyeing me the most. “Has there been something going on that you guys haven’t told me about?”

“No!” I yelled. Min Pei continued looking at us before finally shrugging and skipping away.

“I’m going to bed now~~” She announced. I huffed and turned around to see Aaron’s face very close to mine and our lips touching.

…Touching?

TOUCHING!?

We kissed for a very long time until he suddenly broke off. I gave him the deadly “what-the-hell-do-you-think-you’re-doing” look and he grinned.

“My birthday,” He said, acting like a 7 year old who believed that on their birthday, they could do anything they wanted.

For some strange reason though, I didn’t mind.

“So I guess that was the first time?” He asked, still smiling.

“No,” I blurted. “Third.”

…Oops.

He looked at me in confusion.

“Third?”

“N-N-Nothing! Never mind!” I yelled, rushing upstairs to my room. “Forget what I said!” I ran to my bedroom door and slammed the door shut. My heart couldn’t stop thumping.

~~~

The next morning, I was woken up with a bucket full of cold water splashed onto me. I jerked my eyes opened and looked. It was Serena. She set the bucket down and looked at me with dangerous eyes.

“You get that for getting to close to Master Aaron,” She said. “Next time you get even closer, I’ll murder you.” I plastered a fake smile on my face and grinned at her.

“Oh?” I said. “You are? Too bad though, this thief is just too quick for you.” I shook myself and water droplets shook from my hair. Serena shrieked.

“Ugh!” She cried. “You’re getting water on me.”

“And that’s what you get for pouring cold water on me in the first place,” I blew her a kiss and waved. “Bye bye~” Muttering angry words, she picked up the bucket and headed outside. I yawned and stretched.

And that’s what you get for locking me in an elevator. I thought.

~~~

I stood at the door of Aaron’s room. It was closed but I still felt nervous going inside it. After all, I had blurted out that we’d kissed three times already. Even though one was me trying to save his life.

“You don’t have to keep standing at the door,” I heard him say from inside. “Come in~” Wondering how he knew I was here, I opened the door and shuffled in. He swivelled around on his chair to face me.

“I have security cameras around this place you know,” He said. “Hiding won’t work.” I fiddled with my maid dress and mumbled, “My chore. What do I do today?” He thought for a while.

“Say,” He said. “How about this, today you will help with the cooking and on Wednesday, you don’t have to do any work.” I beamed.

“S-So, no work at all??” I said.

“Nope.”

“Hooray!”

“That’s right, and I get to take you somewhere to play on that day.”

I froze. What?

“HUUUUHHHH!?” I yelled. He gave me a puppy dog face.

“It’s my birthday~” He said.

“No it isn’t.”

“It was. Yesterday it was.”

“But not today.”

“Oh so you want to do chores on Wednesday instead? Okay, that’s fine, you can feed the pigs on Wednesday.”

“WAIT, WAIT, WAIT,” I yelled. “No, it’s okay! It’s okay! I’ll just go you on Wednesday!!”

He smiled.

“Alright! We’ll discuss it then! Go help with making the breakfast now!”

I sighed.

“Alright…”

~~

Author’s Note:

By the way, the next chapter is going to be the next day. It’s going to be interesting~ :)

 

Thanks for always commenting, guys! They always make my day! XD