Babysitting

Maid for a Genius

 

Xiao Yu brought the spoon to his lips and tasted the foods we laid out in front of him. He spat it back out and scrunched his face up in disgust.

“Disgusting,” He said. “Filthy, horrible. What is this!?”

“Eat it.” I said bluntly. He shook his head and pushed the bowl far away from himself onto the table.

“It’s disgusting!” He complained. “What kind of person made this!?”

“P-Please eat it!” Mei Mei said. “The chef made it especially for you!” I nudged her and whispered softly to her, “The chef made it especially for Aaron, not him.” Mei Mei didn’t say anything but still looked determined.

“I’ll pass,” Xiao Yu said, stretching his arms. “Make me something better.” Mei Mei shook her head.

“We…” She said. “We mustn’t waste food, young master. So please eat it!”

“Who are you to order me around!?” Xiao Yu demanded. “Bring me something else!” I grabbed Mei Mei by the arm.

“Come on, Mei,” I said. “Let’s go complain to Aaron about this. Aaron better do something about this. Or else I’ll kill him.” Mei Mei shook her head.

“No, it’s okay.” She said. “I’ll try getting him to eat it.” I looked across to Xiao Yu who was spraying some perfume kind of thing into his mouth to get rid of the taste.

“Good luck,” I said, patting Mei Mei’s arm. “I’ll still go and tell Aaron anyway, okay? You stay here and try get him to eat that.” Mei Mei nodded and I closed the door. Mei Mei was left with Xiao Yu.

~~~

When I walked into Aaron’s room, he wasn’t there.

Well, at first I thought he wasn’t there. There was no trace of him anywhere. Then, I spotted a big pile of papers on his desk. And they were moving.

It took me a while to realise that he was underneath that huge pile of paper and the paper was not alive. I walked over and lifted all the papers off to find Aaron with his head down on his desk, his arms covering his head. I waved a hand in front of his face. He seemed to be sleeping. I blew my fringe. Rescuing me outside last night must’ve worn him out.

Carefully, I lifted Aaron’s arm and dropped it over my shoulder so I could heave him up. It took me a while but I finally got him on his feet. I studied his face carefully. His eyebrows screwed together, confused but he did’t open his eyes.

“Ssshh!!” I hushed. “Keep sleeping! Keep sleeping!” I moved forward and dragged him as I went. Then, I placed him onto his bed and heaved a sigh then threw the bed covers over him. He groaned.

“Sheesh!” I said, putting my hands on my hips. “That’s what you get for rescuing someone like me out in the cold! Especially when you’re someone this weak!”

He must’ve heard me because he murmured, “I didn’t rescue you.”

“Aiya, aiya,” I said. “Just rest already. I’m going to do my chores and look after that jerk, Xiao Yu, okay?” I stood up to leave but I felt a tug at the back of my maid uniform. I turned around to see Aaron’s hand tugging it. His eyes were open a tiny bit, squinting at me.

“Don’t leave,” He said, looking a bit desperate. “Please…” I stared at him. This seemed like the first time I had heard him say please. For some reason I didn’t feel like leaving anymore. But…why!!?? It felt strange.

I shook my head quickly and gave myself two reasons.

One, he rescued me when I had fainted, right? So I have to repay him, right? Two, I was a maid for now, right? So I have to do my duty and help him, right?

So I had an excuse to stay here and look after him, right?

Half reluctantly, I went back and sat on the bed and watched Aaron drift slowly back to sleep.

~~~

Nobody’s POV (Well, not really):

Mei Mei gazed nervously at the door of Xiao Yu’s room. Gui Gui had been taking a really long time. What was taking her so long?? She looked back to Xiao Yu who was still stubbornly sitting there, not eating what was laid down in front of him. He really looked like he wasn’t going to eat it.

She picked the bowl up reluctantly and went to the kitchens. The chef wasn’t there so she decided to make something for Xiao Yu herself. She didn’t know what else to make and decided to make another bowl of seafood with dried meat.

Mei Mei hoped that Xiao Yu would at least like it a bit better than the chef’s bowl. She picked up another bowl. She was so glad that Da Pei jie* had taught her how to cook when she first came.

Mei Mei cooked it and brought both bowls back up to Xiao Yu’s room. She set the food she made down onto Xiao Yu’s desk and put the chef’s one in her lap. Xiao Yu stared at it.

“Why is this same as the one before!?” He complained. “Take it away! It’s disgusting!” Mei Mei breathed in. She needed a lot of courage right now.

“I-I made this one,” She said. “I added some different flavouring. You should try it first before complaining.” She scooped a big scallop out of the bowl on her lap and looked at Xiao Yu.

“I’ve been cooking your food for basically the whole morning,” She said. “May I eat the one that you wasted?” Xiao Yu grunted. She took that as a yes.

As Mei Mei ate the big scallop, Xiao Yu tried some of the food that she had made.

“It’s good,” Xiao Yu grunted again, looking away. Mei Mei smiled and her heart leapt for joy.

~~

Author’s Note: Mei Mei’s heart leapt for joy? What does that mean?? ^^ Hee hee~ The answer might be obvious, but there might also be a story behind it!! DEN DEN DENNNNN!!

*Mei Mei calls Da Pei “Da Pei jie” because, as most of you might know, jie means older sister and she’s being respectful to Da Pei. Well, because she admires Da Pei and sees her as her role model. =)

Urgh, I didn’t seem to type this chapter as much as I usually do.

Question: Are my chapters a bit too long?? Because if they are, I can shorten them a bit if you’d like…

Subscribe and comment!