To The Rescue

Maid for a Genius

Aaron’s POV:

Is that little thief pulling open the curtains of curtain number 52 yet? I chuckled to myself. Little did she know, I had put a little something there. I waited patiently for Gui Gui to burst through my bedroom door yelling that a bucket of water had fallen onto her head while she had opened curtain number 52.

After a long while, I frowned. This was strange. She hadn’t come yet. Was she attempting to run away again? Or was she ditching her curtain duties?

I took out my little device that I used to call the other maids and clicked number 2 which was the speed dial for Gui Gui’s maid phone. I put the phone to my ear but there was no answer.
Suddenly, Serena, one of my maids, burst through my door.

“Young master!” She said. “It’s Gui Gui!! She’s stuck in a room on the top floor!” Almost automatically, I stood up and quickly rushed to the elevator but it didn’t work. Instead, I went up the stairs and made a mental note to call George over to fix the elevator.

I rushed to the top floor and looked around. Which room was she in!? I opened the first door and looked around. The room was empty and there was no one. Suddenly, I heard a click of the door locking and I turned around to see Serena closing and locking the door behind.

“What are you doing?” I demanded. “Where is she?” Serena locked her eyes onto mine.

“Young master…” Serena said. “Do you love me?” I gave her a fake smile and scrunched up my eyes.

“No,” I said. “Sorry.” I pushed past her to open the door but she grabbed my arm.

“Is Gui Gui really more important?” She asked. I turned to her and used my fake smile again.

“Don’t ask me,” I said. “I don’t know.” I felt her push off my arm and I ducked and swung the door open. The door hit her face and she yelped. I walked out of the door. So she did try to kiss me.*

I ran back downstairs to the sixth floor and sensed that I was being watched. I smiled.

“Come on out Da Pei,” I said. “Your little hiding tricks have never worked on me before.” I turned around and my little sister came out from her hiding spot, pouting.

“That’s not fair,” She said. “You always know that I’m spying.”

“Do you know where Gui Gui is?” I asked her. Min Pei nodded slowly.

“Where?” I said. “Tell me!”

“Seems like you’re not as smart as people think you are, Ya Lun,” She said. “She’s been stuck in the elevator all this time on the first floor-“

“Thanks!” I said, running downstairs to the first floor before she could finish her sentence. I stopped when I got to the first floor and put my ear on the first elevator. No sound. Nope.

I put my ear onto the next elevator. No sound. Nup.

I put my ear onto the elevator next to that one. Sniffing sounds could be heard.

 “Gui Gui!” I yelled. “You there?” The sniffing sound stopped.

“A-Aaron?” Gui Gui’s voice said from inside the elevator. Bingo.

“Hold on,” I said, taking off the lid of the switchboard next to the elevator she was stuck in. “I’ll get you out.” I fiddled with the switches for a while until the elevator door finally opened up.

“Gui, are you alri-“ Before I could finish my sentence, Gui Gui ran towards me and hugged me tightly. I could see tears falling down her cheeks.

“Wh-What took you so long?” She blubbered, rubbing her face back and forth across my shirt to clean the tears so she looked like she wasn’t crying. “Jerk!”

I laughed and pat her head.

“You never told me you had claustrophobia*,” I chortled.

“Shut up,” She said, still hiding her face on my shirt. “Wh-Who said I was claustrophobic??”

“Well,” I said. “At least you’re safe now.” She didn’t say anything. I pulled her away from me and looked at her in the eye.

“Now,” I said. “What did Serena say to make you get yourself stuck into the elevator?” She looked away uncomfortably.

“She didn’t say anything to me,” She said. “I got stuck by myself.”

“Don’t try lying; I’m one of the smartest people in the world.”

“Right…”

“So…?”

“She told me that you needed to see me on the first floor.”

“And you actually believed that?”

“…”

“Hahahahahahahahahahaha!”

“Sh-Shut up!! How was I supposed to know??”

I took out the little maid-calling device.

“I use these to contact maids,” I said, waving it around. “That includes you.”

“Grrr…”

I smiled and then slowly leaned forward towards her.

Then, I stopped and leaned back again, putting my hands in my pockets.

“Da Pei,” I sighed. “Please stop spying.” Da Pei shuffled out, pouting and Gui Gui jumped.

“Wh-When did she get there??” She yelped. I turned to face Da Pei.

“Did you tell Serena off?” I asked. Da Pei grinned.

“I told her that her punishment was to pull open all the curtains.”

“Ah,” I smiled. “Nice one.”

Meanwhile on Serena’s side:

Serena grumpily goes over to curtain number 52 and slides it open. Suddenly a bucket of cold water falls onto her.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!”

Now back to Aaron’s POV:

Gui Gui looked around.

“Huh?” She said. “What was that sound just then? It sounded like a crow choking on something.”

Da Pei grinned.
“We shouldn’t worry about that horrible noise, Ghostie,” She said and faced me. “We should worry more about Ya Lun’s upcoming birthday party!” She smiled at me. I looked away. Gui Gui looked stunned.

“Wh-What!!??” She cried. “You’re birthday party???”

“Of course!” Da Pei said, making it sound like it was her birthday party instead of mine. “Ya Lun’s birthday is on the 20th and that’s also when the party will be! It’s going to start at 20:00pm (8:00pm) and will go up to midnight! I always look forward to my brother’s parties.”

Gui Gui blinked and looked at me to Da Pei.

“So…” She said. I smiled at her.

“Maids, of course,” I said. “Have to work on that day.” At first, her face made no expression. Then, it fired up.

“F-Fine!!” She yelled, stomping back to her room. “I don’t care!”

I watched her walk away. Such a pity.

~~

Author’s Note: *What I meant by the “So she did try to kiss me” part was, well, basically, Serena had grabbed his arm, right? So then, she pushed off from it, making her higher and able to kiss Aaron on the cheek or something. But Aaron, (just in time), ducked so that her lips couldn’t meet his face and opened the door which caused to get hit by the door instead!

Yeah, sorry, it’s confusing, but I was writing it from Aaron’s view and he couldn’t exactly see what she was trying to do.

*Claustrophobia, (In Australia, it’s pronounced Clo-Sta-Foe-Bee-Ya), means that you’re scared of enclosed spaces or feel sick in enclosed spaces. THANK GOODNESS THAT MICROSOFT WORD EXISTS! Or else I couldn’t have spelt that word correctly! :P

Ha-ha! Serena didn’t get fired! Nup. I didn’t make Aaron fire her. But I did get her to pull open curtain number 52 though! (Get it?)

And yes, it is actually Aaron Yan’s birthday on the 20th of November. He’s turning 26 I think.

I will update the next, exciting chapter by then!! :)

Oh and one more thing, I’m starting to write a one-shot called The Full Moon Curse. When I’m finished, I’ll put it up. Of course, it’s GuiLun. Hope you can read it!! X)

See you on the 20th!