Found Out!

Maid for a Genius

 

Aaron’s POV:

After going to the amusement park and playing around for a long time, we decided to go back.

She went back to her room and I went back to mine. I laid there, head down on my desk and took a rest. I had lasted almost a whole day. Thank god.

I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.

That night, I had nightmares.

~~~

The next morning, I was still asleep until Da Pei suddenly burst into my room.

“Ya Lun!!” She said. “Ya Lun!! Bad news!! Wake up! Wake up!” I raised my head a little and blinked at her sleepily. She looked worried. Really worried.

“What is it, Da Pei?” I asked. With a big panicked look, she a roll of newspaper at me and I opened it up to look at the first page.

My eyes widened. On the first page was a big picture of me and Gui Gui kissing at the amusement park. The title read:

Infamous thief, Gui Gui alive!? Gui Gui and Aaron Yan in relationship?

I put the newspaper down quickly and looked at Da Pei.

“Father cannot see this newspaper!” I said. “Because if he does-“

“You’ll be sent away...” Da Pei said sadly, close to tears. I rattled my brain, trying to think of something.

“This newspaper…” I said, turning it over to see which company it was. “…It doesn’t go overseas does it?”

“It does now…” Da Pei said. “They just made it a worldwide newspaper not long ago.”

“Aish!” I shouted, burying my head in my arms.

“Ge ge*…” Da Pei said. She had called me that when she was little. It had been a while since she called me that. “What will you do?” I kept silent. For the first time, I didn’t know.

~~~

Gui Gui’s POV:

I woke suddenly, feeling scared but not knowing why. I had a nightmare last night. I was separated from everybody.

~~~

Mei Mei’s POV:

After lunchtime there was a knock on the door. I opened it up to see a man in a suit standing there.

“Good evening,” He greeted. “I’ve come to see the young master, Aaron Yan.”

“Um,” I said. “What would you like with him?”

“Sorry,” The man said. “That is confidential. I was sent here from the young master’s father.”

“Oh…” I replied. “Is that so….?”

~~~

Aaron’s POV:

Soon, after lunchtime, there was a knock on my door.

“Y-Young master?” Mei Mei’s voice came from behind the door. “There is a visitor to see you.”

“Let them in,” I said. The door opened and he came in. I stared at him for a while. Of course, why wouldn’t he be here?

“It’s been a long time……………Joe,” I said. My father’s assistant gave me a curt nod.

“You can sit down if you like.”

“Thank you.”

We both sat onto the couches in my room.

“You may know why I am here today, young master,” Joe said.

“That was mighty fast of my father,” I said. “Sending you through his private jet in only just a few hours.”

Joe nodded.

“He wakes up early every morning to read the newspaper,” He replied and got to the point. “Young master, your father wants you to go overseas with him.” I arched an eyebrow.

“And if I don’t want to?” I asked.

“Your father’s commands were firm,” Joe replied. I didn’t say anything. Joe sighed and took out his laptop that he had been carrying and opened it up. Suddenly, the image of my father showed up in the screen.

“I’ll leave it to you,” Joe said to the screen. My father’s eyes plastered onto me.

“Hello, old man,” I said coldly.

“Ya Lun,” He said back to me. “I read the newspaper this morning.”

“So did I.”

“What were you thinking!?”

“I….I love her.”

Just as I expected, he started laughing.

“Ya Lun, stop joking,” He said. “Come on, she’s a thief and you’re the smartest person in the world. She’s poor, you’re rich. Furthermore, she’s plain. And to have news like that about my son with a poor girl is not pleasing!”

“I don’t remember being your son.”

“Ya Lun, it’s time you go back overseas and learn more about the real world.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Or would you rather like me to send her somewhere instead?” He asked, a sly smile on his rotten face. “Gui Gui…is it?”

“No!” I yelled. “You can’t!”

“It’s one or the other,” Father said, before switching video chat off. “I’ll be waiting for your answer.”

I stood up quickly. Aish! That old man!! How dare he??

Joe stood up calmly and closed his laptop.

“It’s time for me to go,” He said, patting me on the shoulder. “I’ll be back when I’ve gotten your answer.”

He left.

~~

Author’s Note:

Sorry! Boring-ish chapter!

What’s the opposite of ‘mistress’ again?? I was trying to think of what to call Aaron’s Dad but I can’t remember that word they use…!!!

Thank you for your comments!! I get excited just reading them! ^^