The Chase

Maid for a Genius

 

Gui Gui’s POV:

Several days later…

I stood behind Aaron’s door. I had a feeling that something was wrong. He hadn’t been instructing me or any other maids to do anything for these past few days. Everyone thought it was strange and I wanted to know what was going on.

Not bothering to knock on the dor, I opened it to see Aaron packing away his clothing. I stared at him in bewilderment.

“Wh-What are you doing?” I asked. He looked up and gave me a half smile.

“Sorry, I forgot to tell you,” He said. “I’m going to go overseas for a while.” The news shot straight through me like an arrow.

“Wh…What?” I whispered. “When are you coming back?” He shrugged.

“I don’t really know.” He said. “But I’m leaving in 10 minutes. Gui Gui, since I’m not going to be here, you’re free to go.” I stared at him, not moving.

Free? I’d always wanted to be free from this place but why did I feel so sad hearing that from him?

Aaron cocked his head to the side.

“Hmm?” He asked. “What’s wrong?” I turned around abruptly.

“N…Nothing…” I choked out. “See you…” Just before I walked out the door, Aaron spoke again.

“It’s been really nice knowing you, Gui.”

I gulped and shut the door behind me.

~~~

Aaron’s POV:

After getting everything set and packed, I took my luggage and slowly walked downstairs to the front. A car was there waiting for me.

Joe opened the door and bowed. Giving him a curt nod, I stepped into the car.

“So…” Joe said as he started up the car’s engine. “The young master has decided to go overseas instead of sending the maiden away.” I looked out of the window and smiled sadly.

“I can’t afford to send Gui Gui away,” I said. “It may sound selfish, but it would pain me too much to send her off.” Joe didn’t say anything and drove off. I bid a silent farewell to my home.

~~~

Gui Gui’s POV:

I sat in my room, thinking about what Aaron had said and absentmindedly gathered all my belongings together. I gazed at the clock. It had been around 20 minutes already. Aaron had left 10 minutes ago. I heaved a big sigh just as Min Pei burst into my room. I turned around to look at her, shocked by her sudden appearance.

“D-Dai Men!” I cried. She didn’t seem to notice that I had called her by her preferred nickname.

“What are you still doing here!?” She cried. “Ya Lun’s leaving overseas! My brother is leaving overseas!” I nodded slowly.

“I know,” I replied, feeling lifeless again.

“And you don’t care!?” Min Pei demanded. “Do you love him or not!?” Tears slowly fell from my eyes.

“O-Of course I do!” I said, voice shaking. Min Pei yanking me up from the ground.

“Then what are we still doing sitting around for!? Come on!”

She dragged me and we both ran towards the front of the house. There was a car parked there but it had no driver.

“There’s no driver!” I said, panicking. Min Pei opened the back car door and pushed me in before slamming the door. Then she ran up to the front car door and opened it up and sat at the driver’s seat.

“Wh-What are you doing??” I cried.

“Being the driver!” Min Pei shouted as she started the engine and slammed her foot down on the gas pedal. I screamed as I went flying forward.

“Hold on tight!!” Min Pei laughed as she swung the steering wheel around, making the car do a sudden sharp turn. I fell back onto the back seat and clutched the front headrest tightly.

“D-Do you really know how to drive!?” I shrieked.

“Kind of!” Min Pei yelled over her shoulder.

“Kind of!?” I repeated as she twisted the steering wheel again.

“Don’t you worry, Ghostie!” She said. “We’ll get you there in no time!” She pressed her foot harder onto the gas pedal and once again, the car went flying onto the road.

Please wait Aaron!!  I thought desperately. Please don’t go onto the plane yet!!

~~

Author’s Note:

And now, here we have…EPIC CHASE SCENE. :D

Did you like this chapter? Was it good? Was it good?

Next chapter will be the last chapter!! Thank you for reading up to this very moment! *bows* TT______________TT