A Day With Min Pei

Maid for a Genius

 

Sorry guys! In the last chapter I said that this chapter would be the next day. Well, it’s not going to be!

Well at least not YET.

~~

“…And I get to take you somewhere to play on that day.”

On that night, after helping out in the kitchen all day, I couldn’t sleep. That sentence swirled around and around my head and I snatched my pillow and hugged it tightly. My heart couldn’t stop beating fast either.

Why did I feel so nervous?? I clutched the pillow and nuzzled my head into it. Dear Heart, please stop getting involved in everything, your job is to pump blood only!!*

I spent the whole night hugging my pillow.

~~~

I woke up very early the next morning. So I decided to visit Min Pei’s bedroom. Visit. Not steal some clothes. Visit.

I snuck into her room quietly and saw Min Pei on the bed, still sleeping. Success!

So far…

I scanned around the room. It was still dark out despite the day. I tip toeing silently until I bumped into something in front of me and quickly looked back to see if Min Pei had awoken.

She hadn’t.

I turned back again to see that I had bumped into just what I needed. Her wardrobe. Slowly and quietly, I opened up her wardrobe in case it creaked.

“What are you doing here?” Min Pei’s voice rang out as soon as I opened the wardrobe. I quickly turned back to her bed but to my surprise, she wasn’t there anymore!

“Hey! Hello! I’m over here!” She called out. I turned back to the wardrobe and shrieked in surprise. She was sitting down inside the wardrobe, huddling her legs and looking up at me.

“Wh-What are you doing in the closet?” I said, my voice a hoarse whisper. “Weren’t you in your bed just a few seconds ago?” Min Pei grinned.

“So what were you trying to do, Ghostie~?” She asked. “Stealing isn’t very good you know~” I flushed red and looked away.

“Y-Your brother said he’s going to take me out somewhere tomorrow,” I said. “S-So…”

“Ooooh!!” Min Pei gushed, grinning even more. “Now THIS is interesting!!” My face went even redder.

“Wh-What!?” I cried. She rested her face on her palms and flapped them enthusiastically.

“Are you trying to get well dressed for the date with Ya Lun tomorrow??” She asked slyly.

“N-No! O-Of course not!” I yelled in protest. Min Pei giggled.

“It’s okay, Ghostie,” She said. “If you want to get dressed really well…” She pointed at herself proudly. “…Then come and find me!”

I lowered my head.

“Is it…really okay?” I asked meekly. Min Pei nodded.

“After all,” She said. “I know a great place to get clothes!! Plus I can’t let my future sister-in-law show up in a bad outfit for her first date!”

She stood up and took my hand.

“H-Hey!” I protested. “It-It’s not like that!!” She didn’t listen to me. As usual.

~~~

MinPeilooked at me up and down, her eyebrow raised. I stood awkwardly in front of her.

“How is it?” I asked.

“Hm,” She said. “It’s too frilly, let’s find another one.”

I nodded and shuffled back inside the fitting rooms while Min Pei skipped back to the shop to find a new outfit for me.

Moments later, she threw a piece of clothing over.

“Try this one on,” She said. I dressed myself and walked outside. She eyed me again and sighed.

“I was so close,” She said. “Still not good enough!” I nodded and obediently walked back into the fitting rooms.

After what seemed like ten pieces of clothing, I came out with another outfit. Min Pei clapped gleefully.

“Yes! Yes!” She declared. “This is good!” I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. (A/N: Here’s the link for the clothing if you want to check it out XD:  http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/007GuiLunxox/guigui1.jpg)

MinPeipushed me back into the fitting room.

“It’s good, it’s good!” She said. “Now go change back and let’s buy that! Then, we’ll go buy shoes!”

“Wh-What?” I said just as Min Pei closed the door. “Shoes?”

“Of course!” She yelled from behind the door. “You weren’t planning to go to your first date with my brother wearing slippers, were you?”

Not really….

~~~

After fitting on some uncomfortable sleek black high heels and buying them, we both sat down on a park bench eating ice cream and holding a bunch of shopping bags.

“Hahaha~” Min Pei said, looking a tiny bit exhausted. “That was fun.” I almost choked on my ice cream.

“F-Fun!?” I spluttered. “You know how much those high heels hurt my feet!?” Min Pei sighed.

“Still,” She said. “This is the first time that Ya Lun’s taken a girl out before. He hardly takes me out, you know!!” She pouted but then grinned.

“This is also the first time I’ve seen Ya Lun actually smile at a girl and be very close to her too. You know, before you came, he was always so fake and boring!! You’re a special one, Ghostie~”

I scrunched up my nose. Fake and boring? I couldn’t image him like that. Not really.

“Say…” I said. “What are your parents like? You and Aaron don’t seem to talk about your parents a lot.” Min Pei didn’t say anything first.

“We’d…rather not talk about it,” She said at last. “Especially Ya Lun.”

“Oh,” I said, even though my curiosity was burning. “Alright, I won’t force you to.” Min Pei shook her head.

“No, no! I have to tell you though!” She said. “After all, you’re going to be my future sister-in-law so you have to know about our family!!”

“A-Alright…” I said uneasily. “Enough with the future sister-in-law stuff though…” She ignored me and turned back again.

“When Ya Lun was just 5 and I was 3, our mother passed away and our father just left us a mansion and some money before going overseas. It’s one of the most devastating moments Ya Lun has ever experienced,” Min Pei blew her fringe.

“Of course,” She continued. “I was little; I don’t remember much of it. All I remember was the day that we started living by ourselves in the mansion our father left us, people came to our door, saying our father sent them to help Ya Lun with his future. Some maids came too, to look after us, there were scholars who taught us, father had sent many people. But we, especially Ya Lun were not treated very well. Ya Lun became to dislike our father because he left us.”

I stayed quiet. If he was like that, then why was that idiot always smiling and teasing me!? Min Pei heaved a big sigh and then turned to me and smiled.

“Come on,” She said. “Let’s not keep sitting here and getting sunburnt. Let’s go!” I nodded and we left. Aaron’s past…was it really like that?

~~

Author’s Note:

So there you go~ More of Aaron’s past :3

Hee hee~ I hope you liked this chapter!!

Next chapter is going to have the date~!

*“Dear Heart, please stop getting involved in everything, your job is to pump blood only!!” <----- That….I got that from Facebook. :3 It’s a Facebook page and so I decided to use that in this little story *thumbs up* -3-~

Oh and this might be kind of late, but here is a link to Gui Gui’s maid uniform ------> http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/007GuiLunxox/l.jpg