Looking After A Genius

Maid for a Genius

(Gui Gui’s POV:)

I sat on Aaron’s bed and watched him sleep. Strange. Why was my left hand feeling warmer than my right hand? I looked down to see Aaron’s hand holding onto my left hand. I tried to move it slowly and carefully but my hand wouldn’t budge from his.

Was this guy still awake? I waved my free hand in front of Aaron’s sleeping face. Nothing happened. He was asleep. I stared at him for a while and then lightly poked his head and muttered, “You’re so lucky, you know. When I first saw you on the newspaper, I was so jealous of you. While I lived like a street rat, you lived feeling rich and smart.” Then I frowned and touched his forehead. It was burning hot!! I hovered my hand over to his mouth. His breathing didn’t seem right either. It was going at different paces. Sometimes it was faster, sometimes it was slower.

No wonder he was squeezing my hand tightly. He was in that much pain and suffering right now. I tried to take my hand out of his and finally succeeded.

“I’m going to get some water and medicine for you, alright?” I said to Aaron, even though he probably couldn’t hear me. “I’ll be right back. I promise.” I turned quickly and ran to the kitchen to get some water and medicine.

When I had gotten to the kitchen, there was a seafood smell. Someone had made a seafood dish and had left hurriedly. Some cooking utensils were left in the sink to wash. I grabbed the medicine pills and filled some water from the tap and ran back to Aaron’s room.

He was tossing and turning on his bed, his breathing sounding more and more unsteady. I quickly took out a medicine pill and tried to get it in his mouth but he kept tossing and turning and not staying still.

There was nothing I could do. Not really.

~~~

Alright. This was the last resort. I had to do this or Aaron would die. Maybe.

I flung the medicine pill into my own mouth and then drank some of the water. I didn’t swallow any of them. Instead, I tried to steady the tossing Aaron and lowered my head towards his.

I put my mouth on his and allowed my mouth to open so that the water and the medicine pill could travel from my mouth into his mouth safely. This was embarrassing. Yes, I know. I was practically kissing him. But it was the only choice. When I had finished, I lifted my mouth from his to get a breath of air and quickly roll away.

But just as I had lifted from my mouth from his, I was pulled down again and our lips were touching again. Wh-Wha!?

Aaron’s arm had gone around my neck and had pushed me back down to him. We were kissing. I blushed right red. Wh-What was he doing!?

“H-Hey…” I said lips barely moving. His eyes were still closed and scrunched up. Then, his lips left mine and I was pushed down again, my face right next to his. Th-This time we were hugging!!

“E-Eep!” I squeaked, face red. Was this guy really asleep?? After a long while, he let go and turned away. I looked over at him. He was sleeping now. My heartbeat still didn’t slow down. I ran out of his room. What was that?? What was that???

“Hello,” A familiar voice said from no where. I jumped and saw Min Pei bobbing down below me. She was grinning again.

“H-How long have you been there!?” I hissed, trying to keep my voice low in case Aaron woke up. She grinned.

“I saw the whole thing~” She said. “From the moment you entered his room and put him into bed to the moment where your lips met!” She put up both of her hands and made them into two mouth-like things and brought them together so it looked like two people kissing.

“Wh-What!?” I stammered. Min Pei chuckled.

“Don’t worry, Ghostie,” She said. “Since he was little, Ya Lun tended to act strange whenever he was sick.” I looked at her.

“He did the kissing thing??” I asked. She shook her head and grinned.

“Nope, I think this has been the first time he’s done something like this,” She said. “That’s why it’s so interesting.” She brought her hands to her face and flapped them gleefully. I stared at her and she clicked her tongue.

“Tsk, what are you still doing here!?” She said to me. “My brother is in pain right now, go back and stay with him until he gets better!”

“Ah,” I said. “But I have to go check on Mei Mei. I left her with Xiao Yu and he might be-“ Min Pei waved my comment away.

“It’s alright, it’s alright,” She said. “While you went to the kitchen to get the medicine and water, I peeked at Mei Mei and Xiao Yu’s progress. So far, so good.” She gave me the thumbs up sign. I frowned.

“So far, so good?” I repeated. “You sure?”

“Aiya,” Min Pei said. “Yes, yes, yes, now go back to Ya Lun! He’s sick and you should look after him!” She shooed me.

“Alright,” I said, going back in reluctantly. “Thanks, Min Pei.”

“Call me Da Pei!!” She hissed before I closed the door. “Or Dai Men! Dai Men!” She seemed to really like that nickname.

I moved a chair to sit next to Aaron’s bed. He had stopped tossing and turning now. I put my hand over to his mouth and let it hover around. His breathing seemed back to normal as well. The medicine pill was taking effect. I put my hand back down and stared at Aaron for a while. I turned red and turned away. That memory of us kissing kept twirling around and around my head. What was that? Seriously, what was that!?

~~~

Nobody’s POV:

When Aaron had woken up again, he saw Gui Gui lying face down on his bed. She was sitting on a chair that was next to his bed and seemed sound asleep.

He turned his head slowly to look at the time. It was two in the morning. How long had he slept for? He sat up slowly and scratched his head. He had vague memories of what had happened when he was sick. All he could remember was Gui Gui taking him to his bed and the rest was a bit unclear. Aaron frowned. He also remembered vaguely tugging the back of Gui Gui’s maid uniform and telling her not to go. But there was something else that was on the back of his mind that he just couldn’t remember. He thought hard but it didn’t come to him.

Suddenly, Aaron realised that he was feeling much better than before. He didn’t feel like he was burning up anymore. He saw a glass of water and some medicine pills on his desk and frowned. He didn’t remember eating the medicine. How did he get better? He looked across at Gui Gui who was still sound asleep. Just for running out and carrying that girl back into his house, he’d had gotten sick. It was crazy. His legs and feet had just moved automatically by themselves when he had seen her faint outside of his mansion.

Slowly getting up from his bed, Aaron went to get a blanket and put it around the sleeping Gui Gui so she wouldn’t get cold during the night. Then, he went back to bed and closed his eyes.

~~

Author’s Note: Hello!!

Do you guys like this chapter?? Writing this chapter made me feel quite dizzy, you know! (Actually, I’m not sure if I was dizzy from typing this chapter while being upside down or if it was the heat. It’s quite hot where I am now!) Da Pei just appears from anywhere, you know?? In the behind the scenes of this little story, Da Pei came back from America to visit her big brother and stay with her big brother but she never really expected to see a whole show there! So that’s why she’s always grinning. She likes watching all the fun. :)

Thanks for subscribing and reading this chapter!