Third Attempt to Run Away.......Success?

Maid for a Genius

This was it. I was standing on top of Aaron’s mansion. I could see the view of the city. The city where I would soon escape to.

With a terrifying but awesome leap, I jumped off the roof and landed safely on my feet*. There were no security guards. I ran freely away. Then, they came. The security guards. They swarmed me but I wasn’t afraid. I jumped high into the air and stepped on their faces, one by one. I jumped on the face of the last security guard and landed successfully outside the gates of Aaron’s mansion.

Ha-Ha! This was so cool! I ran to freedom to the outside and stretched my arms wide in the freezing night air.

“Free!” I laughed. “Hahaha! THAT! NERD!” Then, I heard a strange and familiar voice from the distance.

“…up…” Up?

“Wake…up…” Huh?

Then, I was slapped awake.

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP AND START WORK ALREADY!!” One of the maids called Penny* yelled, still slapping me.

“Ow! Ow! Ow!” I complained. “I know! I know! I KNOW!! I WILL!” Penny stopped slapping me and gave me a nod.

“Then hurry it up already,” She said, making her whiny voice sound whiner than it already was. “And stop dreaming of escaping because you’ll never leave this place!” She smirked and turned around. I poked my tongue at her behind her back and she turned around again. I quickly acted like nothing happened.

“One more thing,” She said, holding her head high in the air so that her nose looked more pointed than it already was. “If you want to try get very close to Master Aaron, even if you’re standing one centimetre close to him, he won’t fall for you, you know. He only likes girls like me!” She held her head high and proud before stalking away and slamming the door shut.

He only like girls like me!” I imitated in a high voice and then spat on the ground. “That nerd is a heartless jerk who blackmails people like me into being a maid! Why would he like anyone!?” I huffed and sat up in bed. Then looked at the carpet where I had spat.

Maybe I shouldn’t have done that.

Quickly, taking a tissue from a tissue box nearby, I scrubbed my spit off the carpet and smiled at it when it was clean. I glanced at my maid uniform nearby and grimaced. I had done this rotten job for two weeks already. Everyday I was arguing with Aaron and telling my complaints to Mei Mei who always listened intently. But having that dream just then gave me more escaping inspiration. I nodded to myself. I was going to escape today.

~~~

“Good morning!” Mei Mei said cheerfully when I went to receive the orders.

“Good morning Mei,” I said, feeling a bit guilty about the escape plan. Should I tell her?

“What chores did you get today?” She asked. “I’m going to open all the curtains now! I’ll do my best.” I shivered at the memory of me opening all 115 curtains.

“Good luck,” I said to Mei Mei. “You’ll need it.” Mei Mei looked at me in confusion before skipping away to do her chores. Awww, she was such a shy and bubbly girl. I had a feeling that she actually did like doing chores.

I walked past Aaron’s room. And then I stopped. And walked back. The door was open. No one seemed to be there. That means I could get my stuff back right?

Carefully, without making a sound, I snuck in. Now that it was daylight, I could clearly see how huge his room was. The colour of the room was splashed with mixtures of green, silver, black, gray, blue, yellow and purple. It actually looked pretty cool. Pretty modern. On the walls of his room there were piano sheets stuck almost everywhere and movie tickets and small stamps. I squinted at them. Did he collect this stuff?

I moved closer to his desk which had sheets of paper all over it. It was pretty messy. Why didn’t he ever clean all of this crap? Something caught my eye.

There it was. The key to the locker with my cape and equipment in it. It was lying there, on top of all the papers. I looked around his room quickly to check if he was hiding anyway. Didn’t seem like it. I snatched the key off the desk and ran straight towards the locker with the number ‘007’ on it. I put the key in and it turned. Success!

The locker opened and my black cape and equipment were there, safe and sound. Gratefully, I took my stuff and stood up to run out of Aaron’s room until I smacked into someone. Guess who it was?

Yep. It was Aaron himself.

“You think you could just take your things and go without me finding out?” He said, smiling. “No. Sorry,” I made a face at him and tried to walk forward but he blocked me. I frowned and moved to the opposite direction to leave. He slid to the same direction and blocked me.

“Let me go,” I said bitterly. Aaron frowned.

“Why do you want to leave this place so badly?” He asked. “Why don’t you just stay with me and be happy? Isn’t that every girl’s wish?” He placed a hand on my shoulder and I batted it away forcefully.

“Don’t touch me!” I yelled. “Don’t you get it? Most of the girls here might like you but that doesn’t mean every girl does! Don’t think you can just steal hearts away with money! You can’t buy real love with money!” He looked surprised and I pushed my way through him before stopping and turning back to him.

“I would rather have all the freedom I want,” I ended. “Than be locked up in this place with you.” I walked out of the room. He didn’t stop me. He didn’t call the security guards. It made me very curious but I gripped tightly onto my things and just ran.

~~~

I ran straight out the mansion gates and put my black cape on with the hood. It had been ages since I had worn this. The security guards spotted me and ran towards me, swarming me. I remembered the dream and leapt as high as I could. I stepped onto the first security guard’s face and wobbled a bit. This wasn’t easy. Then, I bent my legs and jumped as high as I could from the guard’s face before landing out of the security guard swarm. I turned and yelled in triumph before running as fast as I could. Back to freedom.

Meanwhile on Aaron’s side:

“Young master,” A security guard reported to Aaron, who was looking out of his window. “The girl has escaped. Would you like us to track her and capture her?” Aaron thought about the words that the thief had told him before running out of his room. He shook his head.

“No,” He said. “It’s okay. Just let her go.” The security guard bowed and left the room.

Aaron continued looking out the window. Continued looking at that figure in the billowing black cape slowly getting farther and farther away from his mansion.

~~

Author’s Note: *With a terrifying but awesome leap, I jumped off the roof and landed safely on my feet. ß-- DON’T DO THAT AT HOME, KIDS!! OR ANYWHERE ELSE! In reality, it’s very, very dangerous. It’s also called suicide. *nods wisely* Though, Gui Gui wasn’t planning to suicide…

…Hey..wait…I’M A KID!!! Ah well I already know not to do that. ;D (If you go on my profile, you’ll actually see my birth date so you can figure out how old I am.)

They swarmed me but I wasn’t afraid. I jumped high into the air and stepped on their faces, one by one. I jumped on the face of the last security guard and landed successfully outside the gates of Aaron’s mansion. ß--- DON’T TRY DOING THIS EITHER! I don’t think many people can actually do it in real life…Just don’t try. It’s dangerous. ;9

*Oh, and Penny is just a random name. I didn’t want to write any celebrity names because I don’t really like making celebrity characters the bad, snivelly ones. :) BUT I’M REALLY SORRY TO THOSE PEOPLE CALLED PENNY!! SORRY!!! DX