Robin Hood no more

Maid for a Genius

 

Gui Gui’s POV:

When I was 10, I stole my first piece of bread.

Let’s face it. I was starving. I had thought I was kind of like Robin Hood*.

Kind of.

But hey, I have an excuse for stealing. You see, my parents had passed away when I was 9. I stayed at an orphanage for a year before running away. They were cruel to kids like me. They didn’t deserve to be an orphanage.

It was then when I had stolen my first bread, I saw that newspaper article. It had a picture of a boy on it. He was smiling but his eyes had looked mysteriously lonely. The headline said: BOY GENIUS DOES IT AGAIN. I was jealous of this boy. I had eaten my first stolen bread and kicked at the newspaper. How nice would it be to be smart and rich with loving parents.

~~~

A few years later…

I unfurled my hood of my cape and looked up at the grand house in front of me. This was it. This was the house where some rich person lived. The place where they kept a lot of gold. Being as sneaky as I was, I snuck past the guards without them noticing, because I was just that awesome.

Carefully, putting my hood on again so I could camouflage in the dark night, I scaled the walls of the house. It was easy. Easy-peasy. It was then when I had scaled to the sixth floor, my footing slipped. I fell straight through a window and landed inside. That…was not as awesome. I looked up to see if I had made a quiet entrance. Looks like I hadn’t. Standing right near me was a boy about my age with soft looking, brown hair. He looked strangely familiar.

“I’ve been waiting for you,” The boy said. I didn’t know who he was. But I needed to shut him up. I moved to get up, but to my surprise, I couldn’t. I was tied up. How!?? I squirmed.

“This house is full of surprises,” The boy explained. “I put a trap in every floor but who knew you’d fall into the rope binder?”

I looked down at where my legs were and noticed a little machine-like object with a rope around it. So he had gotten me with a machine.

“Let me go!” I shrieked, struggling against the ropes. The boy smiled in amusement and then I remembered where I had seen him before. He was that boy from the news article I had seen when I was 10.

“This is no big surprise,” The boy said. “The great thief Gui Gui is trying to steal my money.”

“Let me go, nerd!” I snarled as I squirmed and struggled. The boy sighed in exaggeration.

“What a pity,” He said. “The famous thief Gui Gui turned out to be cute, but fierce.”

“Hey!” I yelled. “Watch your mouth!”

“What?” The boy said, acting innocent. “It was a compliment. Kind of…”

“You-“ I started to say.

“My name is Aaron.”

“I don’t care! Just let me go!” Aaron looked up for a moment, thinking.

“That will be such a pity,” He said. “It’s not easy to catch the grand thief Gui Gui.” His eyes flickered over to me and he squatted down to look at me.

“I will let you go,” He replied. “Under one condition.” I narrowed my eyes.

“What condition?” I asked. Aaron gave me a look of amusement.

“You work as a maid here for me,” He said. “We’re running out.” It took a while for my brain to process everything carefully to see if I had heard right.

“W-WHAT!?” I shrieked. “No way!!”

“Okay then,” Aaron said casually, getting up and walking away. “I guess I’ll just leave you here and call the cops or let you starve and-“

“HOLD IT, HOLD IT, HOLD IT!!” I yelled in protest. Aaron stopped walking and turned around, a smile forming his face.

“Hmm?” I looked away quickly.

“I-I’ll do it,” I mumbled. Aaron cupped a hand around his ear, pretending he didn’t hear me.

“Hmm?” He asked. “I didn’t hear you~” (A/N: Here is a link of the picture of Aaron doing that! XD- http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/GuiLun-xox/20090227103931747.jpg)

 

“Stop pretending!” I yelled. “You heard me say it! I’m not saying it again!” Aaron turned around again.

“Oh well,” He said, walking away.

“WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!” I yelled after him. “I’LL DO IT, I’LL DO IT! I’LL BE A MAID HERE!!” Aaron stopped and walked towards me before crouching down next to me.

“Really?” He asked, looking delighted. I looked away in discomfort. I wasn’t used to looking at beautiful people.

“Yes,” I said reluctantly. At least I could be free. After all, I could always run away again. Aaron smiled and undid the ropes. It only loosened my right arm.

“Hey!” I yelled while he got something out. “What’s the big idea!? You said you would let me free!”

“And you will be,” Aaron promised, taking my finger and pressing it onto an inkpad before stamping it onto a piece of paper.

“Oi!” I yelled in protest. “What was that for?”

“You can call me Aaron,” He said, going completely off subject. “Or Ya Lun is good.” He picked up the piece of paper and softly blew on it.

“This is a contract,” Aaron said, showing me. “See? It says that you have to do everything I tell you to.” I spat on the paper.

“I don’t want no rules,” I said. Aaron frowned.

“That’s not nice,” He said, taking a handkerchief from his pocket and wiping my spit from the contract. “Now it’s all dirty.”

“You think I care?” I retorted.

“Well,” Aaron said, putting down the contract and undoing the rest of my ropes. “A promise is a promise.” I shrugged off the ropes and by the time most of the ropes were undone and I could move again, I sprang off my feet and ran straight to a door which had an exit sign on it. That was too easy! I pulled open the door and went in. It led into a room with a dead end. Suddenly, from above, I was splashed with water and flour. I screamed as the items hit me one by one.

Then, it was all over. I heard laughter behind me. It was, of course, Aaron. I looked at him grumpily.

“You’re at a genius’s house,” He said. “You have to think twice and be more careful around here.” He looked at me for a few seconds before nodding and clicking his fingers. A maid came zooming in from no where and Aaron whispered something in her ear. The maid looked at me and nodded before zooming off again. I narrowed my eyes.

“What were you telling her?” I asked in suspicion.

“Your measurements,” Aaron replied. “You need a maid uniform soon.” I know he was a genius, but how would he figure out what my measurements were with just a glance!?

“How would you know my measurements!?” I spat. “You’re probably going to make it too big or too small!” Aaron smirked.

“I guessed around (*CONFIDENTIAL :D*), is that it?” I stepped back. I could feel my face flushing. Damn, he really was smart.

“Y-YOU ERT!!” I yelled, even though he hadn’t done anything of the sort. “D-Don’t say that out loud!” Aaron laughed.

“What’s so funny!?” I demanded.

“So the famous thief Gui Gui is pretty girly despite her being a thief and her attitude,” He said. I didn’t bother arguing anymore.

“I need to shower,” I said, reminding him that I was wet and covered with flour. “Where are your bathrooms?” Aaron clicked his fingers again and from no where, another maid zipped out. I jumped.

“Can you take the lady to the showers?” He asked. “Oh, and make sure to give her some fresh clothes too.” Before the maid could take me away, I looked at Aaron.

“One more thing,” I said flatly. “Do NOT tell anyone that I am here.” Aaron did the okay sign.

“Right,” He said, smiling. “Got it.” I did a quick nod. Even if he didn’t tell anyone, I would’ve probably escaped from this place already.

~~

Author’s Note: *Robin Hood is a rumour or a myth about a man who was an outlaw. This was set in London I think. Robin Hood was a thief and a hero who stole from the rich and gave to the poor. He made a band of other outlaws called “The Merry Men”. They all were good despite being outlaws and they defeated the evil prince. I like Robin Hood, it’s a lovely story.

Anyway, ho-hum~ This is my third fan fiction, I guess? I’m still doing Love And Money but it’s just that, I was having a terrible Writer’s Block and I couldn’t really think of anything to write for the next chapter of Love And Money. Then, I suddenly got all these ideas flooding in about this story!! SO I JUST HAD TO WRITE IT!! :DDD
Oh and in this story, I might make it all Gui Gui’s POV. But if I change the POV, then I’ll just type it at the start of the chapter so you readers won’t get confused. :D

Ciao~!