Declarations

It Takes Courage
Seungri’s POV

That hug felt so nice. Nicer than life, even. I would have done anything to have hugged him longer if Daesung did not intrude and if I was not that embarrassed. That was all I thought about during breakfast. That one special hug that I felt as if it meant something. I looked across at G-Dragon. He was stuffing his face with food, not making eye contact with anyone. His chopsticks were a blur of light brown running from his food bowl to his mouth. Man, he looked so cute.

I mentally slap myself. I canNOT start falling for him! I am Seungri, the maknae of Big Bang, beloved by all our FEMALE fans because of my cuteness! I cannot let them down by falling in love with the leader! What would happen to our fans then!?!?

Anguished, I still looked over at him. Man, he was cute.

Jiyong’s POV

Just keep eating, just keep eating, just keep eating, don’t look at him, don’t look at him, don’t look at him. Dammit, I couldn’t resist looking at him. I glanced up very subtly, just enough so I could see his eyes. He was looking at me! I looked down quickly and kept eating. My heart was pumping so hard that I swore that it would totally crash through my ribs. Then I remembered something. Swallow, stupid Jiyong! My mouth was practically exploding with food. I stopped stuffing food in my mouth and started chewing. That was a great idea, wasn’t it?

Despite my anxiety, everything at the breakfast table was going normally. Taeyang, my oldest and closest best friend, was for the millionth time telling my hyung TOP to eat neatly. “Geez, stop spilling food, TOP; you’re getting food all over the table.” I sigh.

I finally got the last of the food in my mouth gulped down and I looked up. To my surprise, I saw Taeyang staring at me with the typical “Taeyang-is-worried-about-you” look. I forced a smile, but he saw right through me and burrowed his eyes. Damn all those years of friendship! He knew everything about me! I looked down at my food again. I wolfed it all down in one gulp, which was miraculous because I didn’t breathe the whole time. Not wanting to endure the awkwardness of just sitting there doing nothing, I quickly excused myself from the kitchen.

Once out of sight of Seungri and the others, I practically ran to the nearest bathroom and locked the door. There I started hyperventilating and freaking out. I collapsed and sat in front of the bathroom door. My heart was not slowing down. It kept beating and pumping and strangling my lungs. “Stupid blood pressure”, I cursed out loud. Note to self, lower cholesterol from now on.

All of a sudden, I heard a knock behind me that almost made my heart stop altogether. I scrambled onto my feet (rather clumsily, I might add), and went into Chinese Kung Foo attack mode.

“Hyung, you in there?” I heard a familiar voice outside.

Wow, that was anticlimactic. I slapped myself. “Yah, just a minute” I replied as coolly as a madman could, still not relaxing from my uncomfortable ninja pose.

I opened the door and saw my dear friend Taeyang. “Wassup, Young Bae,” I ask him in my suave and silky voice.

Again, he sees right through my forced greeting and answers, “I should be asking YOU what’s up, Kwon Jiyong”. Uh oh, he used my full name. That meant that he was damn serious about it.

I coolly ask, “What are you talking about, YB, I’m fine! See?” And I spread my arms wide and turned around once, smiling like a maniac.

Taeyang rolled his eyes, “Yeah right”. Dammit, why the hell does he understand me so well? It REALLY pissed me off at times. “Come on, Jiyong, I know something big is bothering you. If you’d like, you can tell me and I’ll offer some of my personal advice or something.” Everybody in the YG family knew that Taeyang made the wisest decisions and gave the absolute best advice of all. Daesung even gave up on the Doraemon wishing wells since he believed in Taeyang more. I chuckled at that thought. Taeyang looked at me, hurt, and then I realized that he thought that I just ridiculed his talent at counseling. I stopped snickering and turned to face him.

“Okay, fine, Taeyang, but please don’t tell anybody else about this.” Taeyang looked at me sympathetically and we did our hip-hop style pinky swear. I blurted out in a breath, “I am in love with Seungri but am afraid to tell him because he might not feel comfortable around me anymore.” I turned around, on the verge of tears. I could feel Taeyang’s eyes staring at my back, which was really creepy. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“I knew something big like that was bothering you.” I turned around and Taeyang hugged me while I sobbed onto his shoulder.

After a while, Taeyang pulled out of the hug to look into my swollen red eyes. “What are you planning to do?”

“I don’t really know,” I replied, “but I hope to tell him of my real feelings for him one day.”

Taeyang smiled. “Go for it, Jiyong!”

Seungri’s POV

That was weird. GD looked awfully pale, especially when he was eating. It was as if he had stopped chewing and just stuffed food into his mouth. Seeing him with cheeks filled with food really made my day; he looked cute doing almost anything. Ugh, again with GD being cute.

After GD left, there was dead silence save for eating utensils clinking against the plates and other hardware. And Daesung’s munching on his breakfast (he was always a noisy eater). Taeyang finally broke the silence and said, “I’m going to my room if anybody needs me.”

“Yah, right, as if anybody would need YOU!” joked Daesung, who got a painful smack on the head right after. TOP also left for his room, which left me and Daesung alone. I kept eating, but worried about G-Dragon. Did I do anything wrong to make him that jumpy? What’s on his mind anyways?

“Maknae,” I heard Daesung say. My head shot up from my thoughts. “What’s bothering you?” he asked.

I, bewildered, said that it was nothing.

“Aish, Maknae, I’ve known you long enough—what’s bothering you?” I looked down. Daesung’s voice went low: “You don’t have to tell me if you really don’t want to.” The truth was that I really NEEDED to tell someone about my feelings, and I couldn’t tell Taeyang since he was GD’s absolute best friend. I debated in my mind: Daesung could keep a secret, could he? He is my best friend, right? He might know the answer to my problem. I sighed and decided to give it a shot.

“Daesung, if I told you, you had better not tell anyone,” I threatened him. He nodded and looked at me, anticipating the secret that I was about to tell him. I gulped… twice… and started: “I, well, sort of, I don’t know,” I stuttered. Daesung was about to burst out laughing at my pathetic loss of words, but I beat him to the chase. “Daesung, I-I think I’m in l-love with Jiyong!” I quickly stammered. His smile vanished and he looked at me in shock. I knew that he would have that reaction! Everybody would have that reaction! If I told anybody else that I was in love with GD, they’d all look at me differently and perhaps even avoid me due to discomfort! I felt tears come out of the corners of my eyes despite the efforts to hold them back. Daesung came over to me and gave me a huge hug that almost knocked the air out of me.

When he released me, he said, “Don’t cry, maknae, I think it’s great that you have finally found someone you really love.”

“But I don’t know what to do! What the hell do I do?!?!” I cried, and sobbed quietly. I could tell that this stumped Daesung for a moment.

When my tears started drying up and I started getting the hiccups, he finally replied, “I think you should tell him.”

Tell him. Tell GD that I am in love with him!?!? “No.”

“Well why not!?!” cried Daesung. “For all we know he might even love you back!” Sometimes Daesung was just so naïve.

“I don’t WANT to love him, Daesung, don’t you understand?” I raised my voice so that Daesung jumped back a bit in surprise. When he asked why, I just told him of my fear of being treated differently and having everybody see you in a different way from everybody else. “And besides,” I continue, “what would all my noona fans think, huh?” He seemed to understand.

“If that is really what you want, I suggest that you start dating; there is definitely one girl out there that will win your heart over Jiyong’s”. Although that idea was practical, it almost tore my heart to shreds. Part of me hated loving Jiyong, while the other really wanted to love Jiyong. I sighed.

“Thanks, hyung.” And I walked away into my room.

TOP’s POV

Well, those were interesting conversations. After eavesdropping on both Jiyong and Taeyang, and again on Seungri and Daesang, I have come to a conclusion that GD and Seungri are both in love with one another, but Seungri is just too stubborn to love him back. Stupid maknae, always trying to hurt himself! Either way, since I’m the only one who knows of this correlation between them, I guess it is my job, as the eldest, to have them be together. Not only would they be happily in love and everything, I could then finally tease them by yelling “Jiyong loves Seungri” and have it actually be true! Man that would be fun. The only thing I need to do is come up with some plans to have them be together. Ugh, that sounds like a lot of work, but anything to have my band members happy, right?