Chapter One

Fashion and Vampires

Chapter 1

“Aish!  Stop chasing me you creeps!”  I’m running as fast as I can but that still doesn’t seem to be fast enough.  I am Chaerin, or C.L. if you prefer, and I’m being chased by monsters.  Monsters of the human variety.  I’m only saying this because supernatural monsters are real too.  I’ve seen them.  Vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and the list goes on.  You name it and I’ve probably seen it.

“Give up now and this won’t hurt too badly princess.”  That is taunting me.  As if I would stop running now.  It’s dark, I don’t know where I am, and this group of guys are chasing me.  If they catch me who knows what they’ll do to me?

I look behind me and it looks like I’ve lost them for the time being.  I need to be one step ahead of them.  Oh great, they’ve chased me all the way from town into a graveyard, that’s just what I need.  Looking around it’s hard for me to spot a place to hide.  None of the tombstones are big enough to hide behind.  I check some of the crypts and they’re all locked.  This is not my night.

A glowing light up ahead startles me.  Many colors shine brightly like a beacon.  “Is that a church?” I whisper as quietly as possible. 

“She couldn’t have gotten far!  Search everywhere!  You hear that ?  We’re going to find you!”  If he’s trying to scare me I have to admit it might be working.  Just a little bit.  Looking around I hide behind a scrawny tree near the holy building.  I take a deep breath and while being as stealthy as possible I run to my sanctuary.  I run into the church.

As soon as I enter I do my best to shut the door softly.  I let out a deep sigh of relief.  Maybe those monsters didn’t hear me?  “Who are you?”  I almost scream at the voice behind me but luckily I don’t.  Turning around I can barely make out the person behind me.  All I can see in the dark building is the shape of his silhouette.  Let me tell you, he looks a little intimidating.

“Not so loud or they’ll hear you,” I don’t need those monsters on top of Mr. Manners.  “And why should I tell you?”  Really, I’d like to hear his reason.

“Because this is my home and you’re trespassing.  Or would you like me to throw you outside to your friends.”

“No!” crap was I too loud?  Did they hear me?  Quieter I tell him, “my name is Chaerin and those guys out there aren’t my friends.  I don’t even know them but I do know they’re trying to hurt me.”

“Now was that so hard?”  Cocky bastard.  “Seeing as I can’t possibly leave you to fend for yourself against them I’ll just have to help you.”

I can’t help narrowing my eyes at him just a bit.  “Is this a trick?”  He can’t possibly be doing this out of the kindness of his heart.

“No trick.  I help you and you will help me in return.”

Now I’m nervous.  “What kind of help?”

“Let me ask you, what do you call that group of men outside?”

“Monsters.”  What else would I call them?

“And if I were to get rid of them what would you call me?”

“My hero,” I didn’t say that too sarcastically did I?  I mean he did laugh after my response.  Or was that a snort?

“Now let me ask you something else.  Do you believe in the supernatural?”

I nod my head up and down.  “Yes.”

“Good that will make things easier.”  What’s that supposed to mean?  “You see I’m a vampire.  I need a blood donor.”

“You want me to be your personal happy meal?”  Is this guy for real?  Looks like the monsters aren’t as stupid as I thought.  They’re banging on the door behind me trying to break into my sanctuary.  They’re trying to get to me while shouting obscenities.

“Do we have a deal Chaerin?”  That shove on the door actually moved me a little bit.  I try to look at my saviors face.  I must have lost my ever loving mind to be doing this.  Here goes nothing.

“Deal,” I can practically feel his smile from where I stand.

“By the way, my name’s Youngbae.”

 

Chaerin/CL

 

We have now met Chaerin and Youngbae.  I hope the vampire story is not too much of a cliché.  Enjoy!

khrishope8