The make up

Our story

Chapter 5 The Make up

 
*2 days after the supposed briefing*
 
At MBC building
 
A guy on a DUCATI 1199 motorbike pulled over on basement level 2 parking area. It was jonghyun, the manager was already waiting for him there. He got of the bike and heard his manager said. "Ooh you're here"
 
"Hyung, why are we here again, didnt i clearly tell you that im not doing this?" Jonghyun protest as him and his manager make their way to one of the meeting room. 
"Bulla,.. They just told me they have an urgent matter to discuss about this and told us to come" the manager answered.
 
As soon as jonghyun got into the room, he noticed yoona was already in the room along with her manager, WGM PD and 2 other people from MBC. Jonghyun and yoona exchanged a quick deadly glare at each other before turning away.
 
One of the person introduced himself as production manager of MBC and introduced the other one as appointed attorney of MBC. he then began talking
 
"So if i understand this correctly, both parties are refusing to participate further to the program due to irreconcilable differences. "
 
"Dae" both party nodded in agreement
 
" i am here today as a mediator to try find if theres any possible way for the program to continue. If you have any grievences from our side, please feel free to express them" the manager stated calmly
 
"Will all due respect, our grievences are not in any way related to MBC, its solely based on the inability of me and yoona-shi to work efficiently as a team"
Jonghyun said firmly.
 
The manager sigh.... " So there is no way i could convince you two?.." He asked, almost pleadingly...
 
"Im afraid not" yoona said 
"No, sorry" jonghyun also said almost at the same time.
 
Again both of them shoot each other a deadly glare.. The manager sighed again at the sight of these two peoples action. He composed himself and finally said, "Then i am left with no choice but to launch a civil action against both SM ent and FNC ent for failing to meet on their obligations stated in the contract."
 
Both parties are shocked upon hearing his words, but before anyone could reply he continued, " during these past two months our WGM team and people from other departments including IT and advertising department has invested a massive amount of time to get this program up and running in a best possible way. Now that its all gone down the drain, i will have to answer not only to my superior, but also to all those people that worked so hard on these"
 
Yonna and Jonghyun both felt bad, they knew these are peoples hard work and livelihood we're talking about.
 
Yoona' manager suddenly said, " we completely understand the incovenience we've caused and we and i am sure FNC ent also, would be more than willling to compesate every cent that was put into this program, just as long as we keep this from going public. A civil action frm MBC will cause a huge scandal and will cause major problem that we would really like to avoid" Junghyon's manager nodded in agreement to what just been said.
 
"Im affraid that won't be possible" the manager said. " we have already started an advertisement campaign of the new couple, due to be on air 3 weeks from now. The public may not know who this couple is gonna be, but with such short notice, it will be impossible for us to scout another couple. We have already prepared a short intro, all CG necessary for the filming, advertisement after the couple is revealed and also not to mention we've contact all possible guest for your future filmings, all which are impossible to get done in short amount of time."
 
"Failing to deliver what we promised in due time will reflect badly on our broadcast network, and with the fierce competition that is todays television. We can not afford any mishap and embarassment. Thus, we are left we no choice but to expose the real truth" 
 
The room was quite... Everyone was lost in their own minds when the manager finally speaks again. "I will leave you all to ponder things before making your decision, let me know when you managed to come to a decision" He got up and left the room, followed by the attorney and WGM PD.
 
The meeting room was quite wide. Jonghyun and his manager are talking at one corner near the door while yoona and hers are talking on the opposite side of the room.
 
"Sigh.... This has turned into a right big mess" jonghyun's manager said
"Bianne hyung.... I didnt know things will turned out this way" jonghyun hangs his head down, seems genuinely regretful 
"Kwenchana.. We just have to figure out what to do next... So, what do you want to do now, do you still wanna go ahead and pull out of this show?" The manager asked him
"....." Jonghyun stays quite, not knowing what to say
"I dont think i need to tell you what the consequences would be if a scandal does break out, right?.." The manager asked him again
Jonghyun just nods....
After few minutes of thinking,  jonghyun finally got up. In his head he calculated, " is it really worth throwing away all my dreams over that little fakey??.. Well if i put it that way, the answer is kinda obvious.. A big fat NO." 
He looks at the manager and said "Married it is then."
 
Meanwhile yoona and manager also having a similar conversation
"Oppa... Ottoke.. I dont want my image to be ruined cos of this scandal... Ottoke ottoke ottoke??!! " yoona was really frantic and worried
"Yoona-yah.. Calm down... Lets settle this calmy.." His manager said to yoona in a soft soothing sound
"Now, tell me. What do you wanna do?" The manager ask yoona
"Anything!! I'll do anything to keep this scandal frm breaking out" yoona said pleadingly
"Its settled then, we'll agree to it. If the FNC camp insist on not agreeing they will be the one seen as irresponsible and selfish" the manager said
 
Both parties finally returns to their seats. Yoona's manager speaks first "we have decided it would be best to continue with the show to avoid any unecessary scandals and public battles". Jonghyun's manager nodded his head and said "We agree" 
 
Both managers lets out a sigh of relieve upon hearing the other sides agreement. They saw that both yoona and jonghyun are still awkward and can not look at each other. Jonghyun manager said "we will let you guys talk and sort things out amongst yourselves. You have to somehow figure out a way to get along if you  are to play hubby and wifey" 
 
Both managers chuckle at the word hubby and wifey, earning them a deadly glare from both yoona and jonghyun. They quickly got up and leave them both alone in the meeting room
 
The room was silent.... Yoona was looking down the whole time.. Jonghyun thought "I better just man up and start up this conversation. We cant keep ignoring each other like this" 
 
"So, i guess. We're goona be doing this then" jonghyun said awkwardly
Yoona just nodded while keep looking down. She has that sad expression on her. 
 
Jonghyun lets out a sigh and composed himself before finally said " look yoona-shi, i know you dont like me and to tell you the truth, the feeling is mutual. But we are both professional. This is just another variety show, lets just try to show enough respect to each other to keep us off each other throat shall we?"
Yonna finally answered softly "Dae.." But she was still looking down
 
"I dont know why im being so soft to her... That sad puppy dog face of her.... Arghh!!! Jonghyun-ahh snap out of it!! "
 
"Truce?..." Jonghyun extended his arm for a handshake.
Yoona finally looks at jonghyun sheepishly. She extended her hand for a handshake.
 
As they shake their hand jonghyun gives yoona his rare to be seen, sincere and warm dimple smile. He didnt even realised he was smilling, he was just happy things are finally settled.
 
Yoona on the other hand was in awe. Being in the industry for so many years, yoona is no stranger to handsome guys, if anything, she thought she was already immune to their charms. But there seems to be something different bout Jonghyun.. His looks has that manliness that not many pretty boy idols got.  "Ohh goddd!! How can he be sooo handsome... Yah!!! Im yoona!! A you nuts!!  You guys hates each other remember??!! Hello??!!" 
 
Yoona mentally scold herself for being weak and knock her head few times.. Jonghyun saw that and thought " ^_^ cute... Wait... Wha... No no no lee jong hyun.. Dont you dare going there.."
 
Both manager came back in, and when they saw both jonghyun and yoona got that awkard and flustered looks on their face. They knew everything was settled