A gamble

Our story

Chapter 34 a gamble

 
"Im the guy on the photos" jonghyun said firmly
 
"!!!!!" Lee soo man face turned red in shock
 
Yoona's facial expression isnt much different. Her eyes widen so much it looks like it was bout to fall out of her eye sockets
 
"Yoona!! Is this true??" Lee soo man asked yoona sternly
 
"Its... Its..." Yoona stutter not knowing what to say.. She looks at jonghyun, pleading for help
 
Jonghyun then said "its not...."
"But i would like it to be known to be so..." 
 
"????" This is the second time in mere seconds jonghyun shocked the SM president along with yoona...
 
"Do you realise what you are saying?..." 
"Do you know how big of a scandal we're in cos of those photos?" Lee soo man explained
 
"I do" jonghyun replied firmly
 
"And yet you still wanna owned up to something you didnt do??" He asked again in disbelief..
 
"Yes" jonghyun replied without any sign of doubt in his voice
 
"Why?..." Lee soo man asked with full of curiosity
 
"Because this is the only way....."
"Yoona  might have chance of coming out of this scandal if it was with me..." 
"We filmed WGM for almost 6 months now...."
"And so far the public reaction to us has been really well...."
 
"If we were to make it public that me and yoona has been dating..."
"People will understand better since they have seen our relationship grows"
"She will not be seen as some easy pick up...."
 
" i know this is not a definite success plan...."
"I know there is still a good chance that this wont work and both of our carrer will be in ruin if that happens..."
 
"But considering our options...... Well...... There is no other option really...." Jonghyun ended his explanation with that
 
"We could always ride this scandal and wait till it passes" lee soo man argued
 
"Yes.... But do you really think yoona will be able to recover to her original potential...." 
"I mean... Have you seen snsd fans caffe...."
"Have. You read the articles??"
"She is basically public enemy number one now..." 
"How much damage do you think time can mend...." Jonghyun argued back
 
Lee soo man sat there quitely.... He seriously pondering jonghyun's proposal..
 
He suddenly spoke.. "Do you know that we have a no dating policy here"
 
"I heard of it..." Jonghyun replied
 
"And yet you still want me to agree on the plan for you to come out?"
"This is no drama or fairy tale son, im not gonna be the kind and understanding presidents you seen in movies or novels"
"I have a business to run here... And to put simply... Dating is bad for business" lee soo man said
 
"I understand... Even though i dont agree with what you said... But i still understand why the rule was put there" jonghyun replied
"However.... If we dont do something bout this scandal... Yoona wont do any bussines at all...."
"And when the bad publicity spreads to SNSD... "
"I think we both agree that will be worse for business.." Jonghyun argued
 
"You do know i still have an ongoing contract that binds yoona with SM"
"Failure to follow her obligations can result to lawsuits against her" lee soo man then tried to threaten
 
 jonghyun replied,
"I would rather we settle this peacefully..."
"But if it really has to come to that then....."
 
"Take your best shot"
 
Jonghyun said his word still in a polite manner although his eyes are full of defiance...
Yoona looks at jonghyun in shock and awe... "He is the only person i know who dares to speak to shajangnim like this" yoona thinks in her mind
 
Lee soo man on the other hand is also shocked listening to jonghyun's answer... A mere 23 year old kid is showing such a tremendous courage in front of who could possibly be the most powerful man in korean entertainment industry.
He however is also aware that jonghyun is the heir of a multi billion dollar company... He knows that paying off damages from the lawsuit will be just like throwing away few crumbs on his cake..
 
Lee soo man went quite for a while...
 
 Now he knows that there's no stopping these two.... 
 
Basically,.. Its either.. He gives his blessing and they tried their luck to see if he can squeeze more money out of yoona and snsd... Or loose yoona all together and maybe loose snsd soon after....
 
"Yoona, what is your opinion in this?" Lee soo man asked..
 
"Shajangnim... "
"I am truly thankful for what you and this company had done for all these years..."
"I know it is all business, but regardless the motive... This company is still the reason why i achieve so much..."
"I truly believe that i still have alot more to offer..."
"given the chance... I will not disappoint.... And im sure you know it too...."
 
"However...."
"If i really have to choose.... "
"I will choose jonghyun...." Yoona replied 
 
"Are you sure?... I mean you are still young... You will have alot of chance to fall in love later on... You know you dont have many years as and idol... You should pursue it as much as possible without any distractions so you can reach your peak" lee soo man now tried to convinced yoona
 
"Shajangnim... If you were to tell me this 6 months ago.. I would have agreed it with you completely"..
"I have lived my life only for my carrer with the same vision as what you have just said..."
"I had loved guys before... And for all of them... I have always put my carrer on top"
 
"But... Since i met him..." Yoona said as she looks at jonghyun with gaze that filled with warmth..
 
"None of it matters...." As soon as yoona finished talking Jonghyun grabs her hand and hold it tight
 
Le soo man continued to say "are you 100% sure that he is the one??? Are you sure you wont come crying to me in 6 months time or a year time??!" 
 
"Love is a gamble "
 
"Each time you enter a relationship.. "
"You decide how much you willing to bet"
You decide whether its worth betting your heart on the line...."
 
"Cos there is never any guarantee that it will work out"
 
"With him....."
 
"Im willing bet my life....." Yoona replied firmly while looking at her president in his eyes..
 
Lee soo man lets out a huge sigh... He knows in his heart, nothing will change their mind..
 
Jonghyun on the other hand is surprised to see how matured yoona is... She has always been a choding around him... "Its kinda mesmerzing to see her like this" jonghyun think in her mind...
 
"Arrasso..... We will do it your way...."
 
Yoona and jonghyun instantly hugged each other...
 
"Jonghyun-shi, have you spoken to your manager about this?" Lee soo man asked
Jonghyun lets go the hug and said "no, we are going to go to FNC after finishing here"
 
Lee soo man nods...
He then said.
"This scandal has gotten out of proportion.. It will take more than a simple press release to satisfy the angry mob"
"We will need to organise a press conference to clear things up"
"They need to see the sincerity in both your eyes and actions"
"Let me know once you've received an approval from your company, we will organise something together" 
 
Afterward jonghyun and yoona excused themselves out of the president's office..
 
They leave the office with their hands proudly intertwined with each other and smile on their faces. 
Along the way, they see shocked faces looking at them...
They looked to see if WGM filming is on, and when they couldnt see any cameraman... Their shocked turns into disbelief
 
Yoona and jonghyun on the other hand completely oblivious to the spectacle they are giving... 
They both are just glad that now they can show their affection openly
 
The couple quickly made their way to FNC.
When they got there, jonghyun asked to meet with han seongho, his president.
And few minutes later
 
"So.... She is the reason why you've gone crazy lately.." The president said while looking at yoona
"Shajangnim... This..." Jonghyun was about tho cover for yoona when she said
 
"Dae.... Im really sorry for all the trouble i have caused" yoona said while bowing..
"No... The fault is mine and mine alone... " jonghyun quickly defends yoona
 
Han seongho suddenly chuckles...
 
The couple looks at him in confusion.
 
"Yoona-shi... Jonghyun here must have like you quite a bit... "
"This is the first time i've ever seen him defend anyone " he explains
 
Yoona looks down in embarassment and jonghyun said 
"Ahh!! Shajangnim!! Im not just..." Jonghyun tries to argue to relieve his awkwardness
 
"Arasso arraso... Anyways... Why are you two here today" the president asked
 
Jonghyun gave his president exactly the same explanation as he did with lee soo man.. 
And after few minutes.. Jonghyun is done..
 
"Hmmm....."
"I am totally against this....." The president said...
 
Yoona's face turned into a worried one, she looks into jonghyun but he just keep looking at the president like he is sure that the president is not done talking
 
"..... But knowing jonghyun..... It'll be impossible to stop him once he's set on something...."
"Jonghyun-ah... You do know that CN Blue is our company's goose that lays golden egg...."
"What you propose might ruin it all......" The president explain...
 
"Im well aware of that......"
"If it ever came to it....." 
"I will leave the band.... "
"You should be able to find a replacement..... FNC is full of talented trainees"
 
"I know this is asking alot of you... And you have done so much already...."
"But i would really appreciate it if you can give us your blessing" at this, jonghyun bowed deeply, followed by yoona.
 
"Jonghyun-ah.... I thought this is the life that you want... "
"I thought you love music...."
 
"I do... I still do...." 
"But between music and her...." Jonghyun said while turning to look at yoona's smiling face...
"It was never a question in mind of who i would choose" jonghyun said as he grabs yoona's hand.
 
"Jonghyun-ah.... How can you be so sure that this is the right thing to do... " the president said..
 
"She is the first thing on my mind each day i wake up..."
"She stays in my head all day......"
"She is the last thing i think bout before i close my eyes...."
 
"For me...."
"It is not the just the right thing to do...."
 
"Its the only thing....."