Suffering

Our story

Chapter 31 suffering

 
Yoona ran downstairs...
Se wanted to get as far away from jonghyun as possible... Yuri followed her with a very concerned look on her face.
 
Finally they both reached the car.. They went inside and yoona hugged yuri for a while.....
 
When yoona calmed down a bit, yuri asked her gently "yoongie-ahh.... Did you really??...."
 
"Off course not unnie!!!! That photo was taken almost almost two years ago when we did our tour in paris with sm town!!!" Yoona said
"Oh!!!! Is that donghae in the picture!!!!" Yuri surprised
Yoona nods weakly
"That miserable little!!!!"
"Thats why he didnt show his face!! Cos he doesnt wanna cause a scandal for himself!!!" Yuri is fuming mad now
 
".... Lets go unnie... I just wanna get to my auntie's place and rest.... Im tired" yoona said 
Yuri just nods and starts the car
 
On the way, yuri asked yoona
"But yoongie-ah... Why did you break up with jonghyun?.... Did he say or do something wrong??..."
 
"Ani.... Its the exact opposite.... He will do everything right.... And that is what im afraid of....."
"I know him unnie... He will stay with me... Defend me... And even ruin his name and carrer in the process if he has too...."
"He already got alot of antis over this scandals as it is.."
"I dont want him to suffer more for my stupid mistake...."
 
" He will be happier without me...." Yoona finally with teary eyes..
 
Yuri went quite for a while before mumbling "i wonder if thats true..."
 
*one month later at ellui nightclub*
 
Its tuesday night and its business as usual in one of the biggest club in seoul.. Music is pumping people are jumping..
But out of all the happy and hyped up crowd.. One person stood out... He is just sitting near the bar.. Hanging his head down, hiding it with his hoodie while Drinking his head off...
 
Suddenly a few girls came up to him.. They said
"Annyeonghaseyo... Arent you lee jonghyun-shi from cn blue??"
The man looked up to see...
"Omg!!!! It is you!!!!" All the girls screamed in unison
 
Yes folks its jonghyun...
 
since the break up...he has been out drinking everynight... He hardly ever spent the night in his dorm..... Most nights he just drank all through the morning...
But different to the happy and flirty jonghyun we normally seen when he's drunk... The depressed and moody jonghyun come out each time he gets drunk 
this time... And that happens everynight....
 
Jonghyun just looked at the girls with drowsy eyes for a second before returning his attention to his beloved bottle, ignoring the girls.
 
The girls didnt leave though... They kept hanging around him..
 
From a far there are few guys looking at jonghyun with envy and hate..
Apparently those girls talking to jonghyun arent exactly..... Free...
They've brought few guys with them and those guys arent the least bit happy that some idol came and stole ALL the girls for himself..
 
" this! I had enough of that acting cool and hogging all of our chicks" one of the guy from the group said
"Yeah lets teach him a lesson" the other guy followed as the rest followed them too
 
"Hey, dickhead!! The you thing you doing with our girls huh?" One of the guy taunted jonghyun
Jonghyun didnt reply... he just sipped his drink like nothing was happening
"Look at this , acting all cool in front of the girls but too scared to even face us!!! "
"Whats the matter, scared we will scarred your pretty little face" they keep taunting him
 
The crowd notices trouble.. They cleared the area nearby... So it was just jonghyun sitting, facing away from the guys... And the four guys behind him standing..
 
Jonghyun seemingly unaffected by all the drama, even when people around him cleared out, he kept pouring more drink into his glass from the bottle next to him as if it was nothing...
 
The guys behind jonghyun noticed that they are being ignored... 
Feeling embarrased in front if the crowd, one of them move closer...
He grabs hold of jonghyun's hair and attempting to pull it when suddenly
 
"Hey puss... Arrrghghhh!!!!" The guy said 
 
Jonghyun  turned, grabbed  and twisted the arm that touches his hair.. He then pressed the arm onto the bar table, before using his other arm to deliver a hard punch on it... 
The guy fell onto the floor screaming as he hold his clearly broken arm
 
The other three guys quickly lunges at jonghyun after seeing their friend on the floor
 
Jonghyun slides quickly to the left most guy while holding a bottle on his hand. The guy took a swing at jonghyun.. Hitting him squarely in the face.. Jonghyun didnt even attempt to avoid the punch... 
Almost instantly after, jonghyun smashed the bottle right on the left side of the guy's face.. The guy fell,... he groan in pain as he feels a few broken glass stucks on his face
 
BANG!!!!
 
Suddenly jonghyun felt something hard hitting the back of his head
He wobbled foward while touching his bleeding head...
he turns and realises he was just hit by a tall round metal bar stool...
The guy raised the stool again and was about to smash it again on jonghyun's head when jonghyun who still carrying the now broken bottle on his hand, slashes the guys stomach... 
Luckily it was only a light cut,.. Otherwise his guts would have spilled all over the floor.. But still it was deep enough to cause blood to gush out...
The guy dropped the stool in panic as he hold his stomach. Jonghyun picked up the stool. 
He looks at the guy groaned in pain while holding his stomach... Jonghyun lifted the stool and smacked it squarely on the guy's face.. It hit mainly on the jaw area... Causing few of his tooth to fall out as his mouth start to bleed 
 
He stepped on the guy's face as he moan in pain when suddenly he felt a sharp sting on his back.. He look back to see.. 
 
he was just being stabbed by a folding knife by the last guy.
 
The guy quickly pulled his knife and stabbed jonghyun again..
 
He was about to stab jonghyun again for the third time...
 
Jonghyun quickly side stepped the attack. He grab the guy by the head and smash it into the table...
 
The guy dazed in shock...
 
Jonghyun then smashed his head again....
 
And again....
 
And again....
 
Until the guy is unconcious...
 
He suddenly feels 2 pairs of muscly arms grabbing both his arms.
 
He quickly swings his elbowed to the back...
One of the pair of arms lets go...
He looks back to see a security guy on the floor with nose full of blood..
 
He saw another 3 security coming at him..
Jonghyun managed to kick one of them right on the chest before the rest ran straight at him..
Jonghyun tried to struggled but with each attempt.. He got himself and extra punch or kick
Finally after few minutes of exchanging blows.. The 4 security guards managed to restrained jonghyun...
 
Not to long after... Jonghyun lost conciousness...maybe due to the lost of blood from the head smash or the two stab wounds to his back..
 
The ambulance came and took him and the rest of the other guys
 
As he lays  unconcious on an ambulance, he mumbled...
 
"Yoona-yah......"
 
*the next day*
 
Yoona has been hiding out in her aunty's place for all this time... Her management told her to rest and go on hiatus till further notice, so all she could do is wait...
 
She was miserable... Not eating much... Hardly sleeping... 
Her aunty is really concerned about this... 
 
One morning she walked into yoona's room and sees her as usual with dark circle in her eyes.. Credits to the lack of sleep...
She sighed at the sight of this much skinnier yoona (if that's even possible >.<) and said "Yoona-yah... Dont pent up your sadness... Cry if you must...." 
 
Yoona has been feeling lost... She is practically a zombie... Living with absence of feelings... The break up with jonghyun shocked her so much that she couldnt even cry at all....
 
 "Yoona-yah... You have to take care of yourself... These kind of scandals will pass... Dont worry..... And when the time comes for you to return... You will have to be ready with a healthy body...." 
 
"Dae....." Yoona replied weakly
 
Yoona's aunty misunderstood the reason why yoona is so miserable... True.. Part of it is cos of the scandal... But the main reason why she is so devastated is cos of a broken heart...
 
The old yoona that didnt know jonghyun would've clinged to her fame and status like its her purpose of life.... But since jonghyun came into her life... Well... Jonghyun IS the purpose of her life... And now that he's gone and its all over.... She's kinda drifted... Living day by day with no hope and reason to go on. 
 
 
"Yoona-yah!!! There's a phone call for you!!!" Yoona's aunty screamed from outside her room
"Daee!!... "Yoona replied and picked it up using one of the cordless device in her room
"Yoboseyo.." Yoona said
"Oh... Yoongie-ah... Have you heard the news about jonghyun?" Taeyeon said on the phone with a concerned voice
"??.. What happened unnie??" Yoona anxiously asked
"He had been arrested" taeyeon explain softly
"????? Wae-yo??!! " yoona screamed in her shock
"Im not really sure.. The news only said about a fight in a club..." Taeyeon explained
"Unnie!! Im going to see yonghwa-oppa soon, you can come and ask him yourself if you want!!" Yoona can hear seohyun screamed on the background
"....... ..... " yoona is thinking whether she should go... It took her all her strength to resist anything jonghyun... And hearing more news will only makes it harder to forget...
"Go.... Before the curiosity kills you.." Taeyeon urges yoona
 
"Ok.... Where should we meet?" Yoona asked
Taeyeon handed the phone to seohyun and she said over the phone
"At the coffe place near the alleyway of cn blue's dorm.. Its really quite there and no one will pay attention to us , meet us in an hour time" the maknae explains..
"Ok..." Yoona said as she hangs up..
 
Yoona quickly got herself ready, she wears a hoodie, sun glasses and a beanie to cover her face and makes her way to the coffe house... 
 
When she finally got there, yonghwa and seohyun are already waiting..
 
She took a seat and immediately asked yonghwa.. "Oppa, what happened?"
 
Yonghwa sighed and explains "he was drinking in one of those nightclubs.."
"he was really drunk at the time... "
"A few girls recognises him... They came up to him and starting to flirt with him"
"Apparently those girls has got few guy friends.. "
"They werent too happy bout jonghyun talking with their girls"
"They started to mouth off on jonghyun.... And you know him....."
"He just snapped...."
"A fight broke out... He hurt those guys real badly... And when the security guards tried to stop him.. He fought them too.."
"It took 4 security guards to take him down...."
"Those guys who he bashed, filed charges...and so he was arrested...." Yonghwa ended his explanation with another long and deep sigh...
 
Yoona was shocked listening to the explanation... 
This is not a strange thing to her.. Jonghyun is a cold and sometimes snappy kinda person..  But not to the point of hurting people... He normally avoids violence unless its really necessary...
 
"Oppa... Why was he out drinking last night? I mean, its tuesday night last night? Why was he drunk in the middle of the week?" Seohyun asked
 
"Hyun-ahh.. You dont know.... Lately...He is always out drinking... Not just nights but morning and noon even... Basically when he is not passed out drunk.. He will be in some bar somewere..."
"Jungshin tried to drag him out once, and he earned himself a punch on the face as a reward... So all of us practically just leave him be for now... "
"We accompany him whenever we can but.. Mostly he is just alone drinking..."
 
"But oppa!! wae???...." Yoona asked, she cant believe what she's hearing.. Jonghyun the calm, level headed and mature guy has turned into a drunk overnight...
 
"I think you know the answer as well as i do...." Yonghwa replied
"No... No... No... This isnt how it supposed to turned out... He supposed to move on!!!... He supposed to be happy!!!... " yoona argued
 
"Yoona-yah.... You know our jongie as well as anyone... Do you think he is the type who can forget that easily?...."
"This is the same person who doesnt talk to his family for 8 long years cos he couldnt get over his hate and anger...."
"Do you really expect him to forget everything and be happy in a few weeks?"
"Knowing him.. It'll take years to forget about... You....  " yonghwa finally ended his explanation...
 
Yoona has got that pale face.. Stuned by yonghwa's words
"Years???!! No!!! That cant be true!!!!" Yoona screamed in her mind... 
Without her realising.. Tears falls from her face...
Seohyun sees this, she immediately moves to hug her unnie...
 
"Hyunnie.... Ottoke.... What should i do.... "
"I cant bear knowing him suffer......" Yoona said stuttering as she starts to sob...
 
Luckily they are in one corner of the caffe and the place is also deserted so no one saw what was happening
 
"Unnie.... I think you should go see him..... Tell him the truth...." Seohyun said
"But... But.... Im like this at the moment..... Being with me will only hurt him more...." Yoona argued...
 
"Seeing him now.... I dont think its possible for him to hurt more....his body is bruised all over from fights he got in bars.. He is in trouble with the law... His carrer is practically put on hold cos he wont do any work at all.... And mentally....well after his dad left him... And then you..... He's practically dead inside..." Yonghwa explained
 
"Things cant get much worst then that...." 
 
".... You were his last ray of hope... When you left.. Its all over for him..." Yonghwa ended his explanation with that note..
 
"......"
"......"
"....... im sure he would be angry at me... For lying to him... For breaking up with him... For the scandal... For everything...."
"Im scared..... He will reject me... If i see him...." Yoona said again... Sounding a little convinced by yonghwa's word
 
"Unnie.... Theres only one way to find out... Life is too short.... you dont want to have regrets!!" Seohyun said
 
"Life is too short... Leave no regrets"..... "Those are the last words jonghyun's appa said...." Yoona is thinking
 
Yoona looked down and as she touched her fingers she can feel a ring on her finger.., it was the ring jonghyun gave her..
 
"Loyalty....It means that no matter what happens in the future... No matter how hard things gets or how bad things turned out... We will always stay true to each other..." Jonghyun's words from that night in cheongju when he gave her that ring rangs in her mind
 
"Where is he now?" Yoona slowly asks.....