Chapter 14

Fulfilling my teenage dreams as a grown woman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14

 

 

 

It has been like month since the party was over. I hanged out with Bobby  several times since that night, although our hangouts are mostly dinner. Donghyuk and Yunhyeong sometimes tag along too. Sometimes, he would phone me randomly and say silly things which I don’t understand at all.

 

Today is Sunday, I had some plan with Bobby to meet up but he said something came up and cancelled the plan. Well, I had work anyway. Yea although it’s Sunday, our team needs go up to the site of the water festival to manage all the stages, settings and all.  Since it’s summer, so many festivals are in the town and most of them are under our management.

 

Plus, I got my car back which means no more noisy rides with Song talkative anymore. I instinctly sang along when iKon song came up on my car radio. Oh wait, this isn’t me. I never sing along. 

 

Thanks god, I brought my sunglasses because the sun today is burning and we are working under no roof! Everyone is sneakily trying take a short rest now and then; but I’m here working hard as usual with sweats all over my face and everyone glancing at me like I’m some kind of work-holic. I mean I’m normal; since we are here for work, we need to work whether the weather is good or not.

 

“Here” “Use it. It’s too hot.” Minho said as he handed me a hat which says ‘MINO’.

 

“It’s okay” I said and went back to working.

 

He put the hat on my head and left after saying “You might get a tan.”

 

I watched his back as I fixed the hat properly and went back to working.

 

At lunch time

 

We were eating all together and some random girl called my name.

 

“Director Park, can I ask u something?” Han Yebi from Mino’s team asked me.

 

“Yes?”

“Um…it’s…ah…Are u dating with iKON’s Bobby?” she asked cautiously, attracting everyone’s attention.

 

“What?! N-No!” I answered with wide eyes.

 

“Why do u ask?” I asked, feeling shocked and happy at the same time. Bobby and Me? Dating? Kwikwikwi, my inner girl giggled. Just imagining it feels quite good.

 

“A-ah… I know right. I thought so too.”

 

“My friend took me to some restaurant last week and I saw Bobby and you leaving the restaurant… alone.”

 

“Mo?!” “Jinjja?” some of the girls exclaimed.

 

“We are Friends.” I said calmly while hiding my shock. I examined their expressions: some nodded but most of the confused expressions said how can a boring person like me be friends with Bobby.

 

“Ah…” some girl said. “You are so lucky. U r friends with 'The' BOBBY.”

 

I just gave them a pursed smile and continued to eat. I saw Minho staring at me with serious face. Him staring at me is not so strange though; he does it quite often. But what strange was that he was not smiling his wide smile which he gave me whenever I caught him staring.

 

“Director Song, will u come pls? I have to show you the stage plan.” Some staff took Minho out and he didn’t come back for lunch.

 

“Our poor director song, he barely touched the food. He’s so dilligent.”  I heard some girl said admiringly and I looked over at his lunch, it seemed untouched. 

 

After our lunch, the stage was almost 75% complete; but it still got no stairs and some lights are still lacking.

 

I tried to tell the staff guy on the stage to add some more things to the stage and he didn’t hear me. Or acted like he didn’t hear me. I tried to tell several time; yelling from just below the stage so that he could hear me. He still hasn’t even turn to me. This kid is getting on my nerves.

 

I climbed up the stage irritatingly and told him things to add and to pay attention to others. And the problem starts after that.

 

Damn, how do I climb back down from stage? I don’t even know how did I climbed this thing up, I was angry. It might seem possible for guys with long legs to climb this thing but I’m a girl and short. And I’m wearing a skirt today! 

 

I looked for my surrounding for some help but everyone is working and far away; the only one available is that stuff guy I just told off.

 

No way I’m going to ask him for help just after I told him off. I climbed down by myself by stepping on steel bars of the stage base and I realized those steel bars are not yet steady just after stepping on them. One of loose the steel bars I’m stepping broke down and I fell off the stage. My pencil heel got stuck in the steel bars in the process and it got my ankle twisted as I fell. 

 

“AH!” A yelp escaped my mouth as I fell to the ground and felt my leg twisted and muscle ripped. 

 

I can hear footsteps running towards me as I tried to get my legs out of the steel bar.

 

“Are u okay, Director Park?” someone said as some others tried to help me up. 

 

“Yea…yea..I’m fine.” I politely brushed their hands off and tried to get up by myself. 

 

I was hurt; my legs, arms and all but I was more embarrassed than hurt. I do see worries in some but I sense amusement in others too. I just humiliated myself in front of everyone, I wanted slap my own head.

 

“What happened? Are you okay?!” I met with a wide eye and worries filled face as I turned to the owner of the voice.

 

There, Song-overreacting is here again.

 

“I’m fine.” I told and tried to stand up again.

 

I fell again due to a sharp unbearable pain in my ankle as I stood up. I tried to get up again but Minho hold me back down and check my ankle.

 

“You are not fine. Ur leg got twisted. Look at how red it is!” he exclaimed as his hand reached for my ankle, wanting to fix it.

 

“Don’t touch!” slipped from my mouth immediately. His eyes which were focusing my legs met mine. The worried look on his face is little replaced with something else, hurt. I heard murmurs behind me.

 

I felt kind of sorry for my manners, “I- I mean..I..”

 

“Let’s go to the hospital then.” “I won’t be able to mend it anyway.” he said and he put on his usual toothy smile back. 

 

“O..k..” I said confusingly. His wide smile made me doubt if what I saw earlier in his face was actually hurt.

 

“Jinmyung shi, pls get me my car key. Will you?” Minho said to some guy from his team as he helped me get up. 

 

I tried to persist at first but I had no choice but to let him hold me since I can’t walk on my own and I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter