Chapter 9: Death and Heaven

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pray a million times, and when I feel my legs slowly losing its power and arms falling apart, I let…myself…go…

 

 

“YAH!!! WAKE UP! Jang Haena!! Keep your eyes open!” Suddenly a strong arm wraps around my waist and slaps my face lightly.

I try my best to open my eyes, and in the blurry waters I see 1,800 won. His eyes are protective and scared at the same time.

 

…finally…finally…where were you? Why are you so late?

…at least you came…at least you came in the end…

I close my eyes out of relief.

 

“Jang Haena! Don’t you dare close your eyes on me!! Haena-yah. Please…please keep them open. We’re coming to the shore soon. Please!!” 1,800 won shouts into my ear.

I feel his strong legs paddling and gliding through the harsh water. His arms are wrapped around my waist protectively.

“…shut…up…”I mutter at him breathlessly.

I open my heavy eyes slowly and see him staring down at me. I see his worried eyes and chewed up lips. I deliberately force a smile to try to tell him I’m ok, but he still looks scared.

“Listen, we’re coming to the shore soon. Please just stay awake.” He whispers into my ear. I give a nod and feel his strength pull me through the waters.

As we reach the shores, he lifts me up between his hands and cradles me like a baby. I see people crowding around us, and everyone is whispering about what happened.

“What happened?!!” Jinhee runs up to 1,800 won and demands angrily. Yeseul looks down at me and gasps.

I try to tell them, it’s okay, but words don’t leave my mouth.

“I don’t know. I’m going to bring her up.” He tells them and leaves the bustling crowd.

Soon we are in his room. His roommate is loser Kyungsoo. However, from today I don’t think I’ll find Kyungsoo a loser anymore, because on his bed, I saw what every other guy would have.

A playboy magazine.

However, he tried to hide it when 1,800 won and I came into the room. Unfortunately for him, my eyes are like hawks. Razor fast eyes that can spot things instantly!

“Lie down. I’ll get you something to drink. Then we need to do some talking.” He speaks in short phrases. I’ve never seen him so serious for a long time. He seems stressed and annoyed, making me kind of scared.

I lie in bed wondering why I was down there in the boat…and who were the three girls…and why they wanted to harm me…

-knock knock knock knock-

The door knocks furiously and Kyungsoo quickly runs over to open the door.

“Haena-yah!!” Mina comes screaming into the room.

“Please leave. She is a little unstable.” Kyungsoo speaks up and tells Mina, which is what I precisely wanted to tell her too.

However, Mina ignores him and comes close to me. She takes a deep look at me and sighs with relief. “Thank god, you’re safe! Had a heart attack!!” She squeezes my cheeks together and shakes them as if I were a baby.

“Mina, please leave as Kyungsoo said. She needs some rest right now.” Finally 1,800 won steps in with his massive height.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter