Chapter 2: Goodbye Prince Charming

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Haena, are you going to come down and eat?” Jinhee asks me as she packs her books into her bag and prepares for lunch time.

I stare out the window and sigh. I forgot to finish math homework last night, so I know I shouldn’t go to eat. “Nah…you go ahead…”

Jinhee nods and walks down with Yeseul, while I am still stuck in the empty room. Outside the window I see the guys playing football and basketball. When I was young, I wanted to be an ice-skater, because it just looked pretty. But after I broke my leg because of a fail jump, I quit ice-skating. I was never going to be an Olympic medalist anyway. It was just a dream.

I twirl my pen around and stare down at my math textbook. I don’t understand why math uses alphabets. It’s just rude. They are stealing property from English.

One of my pen twirl fails and I drop the pen onto the floor, beneath my table. 

…should I make the effort to go down and pick it up…should I?

I stare at it for a while and finally lift my lazy . I crouch below the table and pick up my pen. As I am about to go back to my seat I spot 1,800 won standing outside my classroom’s door.

OMG…is he stalking me now? Oh right, he might be here to just pay me back. 

Suddenly, 1,800 won talks into the air, “No, I don’t think that’s appropriate. Just tell him I won’t be returning home until Christmas. I don’t want them to find me yet.” He talks into the phone quietly, but with a firm tone. 

Find me? Is someone stalking him? Until Christmas? Christmas is like 10 months away…what is this guy thinking…

“Don’t tell anyone.” He whispers firmly into the phone and hangs up.

I stare at his stressed face. I don’t know why, but I think he wouldn’t have wanted me to hear his conversation on the phone…

I roll my body further into a ball and close my eyes. Accidentally, I drop my pen and a small click sound resonates in the silent room.

 

. . Mother of God…why now?!!

 

I slowly look up and catch his eyes staring at me. …they don’t look so pure any more.

 

“What are you doing there?” He demands

Uhm…that was my question…wait, does he think I was deliberately eavesdropping on him?!

“Just in my classroom?” I reply consciously. Should I just confront the situation and tell him that I didn’t mean to hear his conversation but it just happened? Or should I just act like I was sleeping and I didn’t know what was going around at all…

 

*sigh* sometimes life throws very difficult situations.

 

“Look…I didn’t mean to hear your conversation. I don’t really care about you and what you do…so...uhmm yeah…” I quickly defend myself and crawl out of the table. Slowly, he approaches me, like how a leopard appraches its prey.

A sudden urge to run away sprouts in my survival instincts, so I take a deep breathe and try to sprint out of the room.

 

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter