Chapter 16: For the last time

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School again. After a nightmare, the sun still rises and my life continues. Last night was a nightmare, but here I am in math class doing differentiation.

“Jang Haena, come out here and solve this question.” The teacher calls for me.

He always does that! Whenever, he thinks I can’t solve a question, he calls me up. It’s like he’s just waiting for that moment to embarrass me! I’ll show that bum old scholar, what a true independent young lady can do!

I whip out my phone from my back pocket and start entering the equation into my phone.

“What are you doing?” The snobby teacher looks at me above his glasses. I seriously don’t understand why he has to look at me above from his glasses? It’s like putting his glasses to no use!

I respond in my most intelligent and proper tone, “using a smart device to substitute my lack of understanding in a particular field.”

He glares at me. “I said you should solve the question, not an external device, young lady!”

Bastard! You know I can’t solve that stupid question.

“Well I am using the resources available to me efficiently.” I reply bluntly

Finally he brandishes his wooden stick into the air like a sword and points to the door. “Leave my classroom!”

“Thank you teacher.” I flash my fake smile, pack my bag hastily, and leave the classroom. For all I care, I have achieved my goal.

 

“Haena!!” Suddenly a voice calls after me in the hollow corridor.

Immediately I notice the annoying voice as Mina.

Please just go away. I don’t want anything to do with you.

“Haena, why did you leave so early yesterday?” She catches up to me and asks in a sweet tone, which makes me want to give her a good slapping.

Don’t act innocent!

“I was sick.” I reply annoyed. I’m not really in the mood to bother with her, and I hope she would just go her own bloody way!

“Really?! You missed the most important part!” She exclaims regretfully

Most important part? I thought I experienced all the drama.

“Well after you heard our conversation and left, Jongin and I announced…we announced our engagement!” She claps her hands and smiles

Her big fat smile, makes my ugly frown wider.

I finally turn around and look at her properly. Her face is beaming and she can’t seem to control her happiness. However, did she seriously have to tell me? She clearly knew I like him.

“You were never really my friend…” I speak as I realize that our friendship was based on lies and plots. She was at the end of the day just using me to reach out to him. She was telling me to stay away from Jongin.

Once again she gives me a fake surprised look, but I will not fall for it anymore. I know my . I’m not that stupid to be fooled by the same thing twice. I’m a strong independent young lady who knows her !

“I don’t think your plan succeeded though. Yesterday, you invited me to the party because you wanted to set the line straight that Jongin was your man. Unfortunately, I used you too. I wanted to see him, and you were clearly the obvious direct route to him. As expected, he chased after me. Even when you were there, he ran after me.” I speak to her clearly. I pick words to hurt her. I want her to feel the same pain she put me through.

She stares at me as her smile slowly vanishes.

“So don’t act like you’re the most innocent person in the world. I know your schemes, but you don’t know mine.” I give her a final statement and walk away from her with a posture of victory.

“But you’ll never, ever get him!” She shouts behind me out of frustration.

Say what you want little er, but I got you tied up like a ball of wool. You just got caught red handed that you were never my friend, and that you were always interested in 1,800 won.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter