Chapter 7: With you

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You wear lace bras?” 1,800 won holds my bra in the air between his fingers as I enter his house.

“KYAA!!!” I scream at the sight of my bra twirling around his index finger in the air.

I run to him and snatch it defensively. Is he crazy?!! Doesn’t he know that these things are private?! Aargh, why did mum have to send under garments first? Couldn’t she have sent my heavy jumpers?!!

“It’s quite a surprise that a girl like you would wear those.” He teases again.

I give him my death glare. Gee, he definitely gives a big, warming welcome!! I feel like I’m a part of his family now ㅡ.ㅡ

“Listen 1,800 won, just because I’m living with you, doesn’t mean you can take further advantage of me!” I warn him with my proud chest out and my finger swinging around. I need some power within this ambiguous relationship. I shall establish some ground rules today!

“Oh, but I haven’t even started.” He smirks cheekily and takes a step closer to me.

…start…start what?!

My eyes pop wide open as he keeps walking towards me. I take steps backwards and stretch my arms out at him. “Stop coming! Stop right there.” I demand, but he simply ignores and keeps approaching me with predator-like eyes.

I hit the door with my back and he slowly places his hand on the wall, above my shoulder.

 

Thump…thu-thump…thump….

The same beat goes off again.

This is just me being desperate, not because I have any interest in him!!

 

“This is going to be a fun.” He whispers into my ear. I shiver at his hot breath.

What’s going to be fun? I’m having no fun! I don’t find anything fun right now!! What is he talking about?!! Mummy!! I already miss you!

Ok, keep your cool Haena. He’s always like this. You know how to get through this!

I lift my right leg and give a good hard kick at his right shin. Immediately he falls to the floor and grabs onto his right shin with pain.

“You males never learn. Tsk tsk.” I click my tongue at his foolishness. Who does he think he is messing with?!!

“I knew that was coming!” He replies through his teeth.

I kind of feel bad because I actually see that he is in pain, but it was his fault from the beginning! Who told him to approach me like that?!! He called for what he deserved.

“Next time, don’t even try, because I am keeping this line clear and bold. I am too damn good for you!” I try to step over him, but at that precise moment he grabs onto my ankle and pulls me down.

I flop down on the floor next to him. His face is inches away from mine. I see his eyes, nose and lips perfectly under the radiating sun shining through the window pane.

He lifts his hand towards my face and brushes off the hair strands flicked over my nose and cheeks.

 

Thump…thu-thump…thump…

 

“I’m convinced that clear and bold line is going to fall apart soon.” He speaks softly with a charismatic tone that may even melt chocolate.

…I slowly admit that maybe…maybe the clear and bold mine might be falling apart soon too…

No!! Whoah, ok. Jang Haena, you’re a little tipsy. A little over board with things here.

I recollect my emotions that have been entangled with his for a second and quickly stand up. I remind myself another billion times that I want an average guy. Not another prince-charming, but also not a poor guy. I just hope for a normal, average guy.

“I think we should pack for tomorrow.” 1,800 won breaks the silence from the ground. He glances up at me and smiles.

His smile always seems to conclude the awkwardness between us. It’s like a small signal to end all awkward feelings. I appreciate it.

“Pack?” I ask. I’ve just moved in today, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter