Chapter 6: Reasons

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I squint my eyes shut and pout my lips unconsciously.

Gee…I must’ve been really desperate.

Suddenly 1,800 won chuckles and pulls his hand next to my mouth. He swipes the tissue on the corner of my lips and moves away from me.

 

! I knew he was going to fool me!!

 

I keep my eyes closed out of embarrassment and my lips back into their original place.

Suddenly, he pulls out my phone from my right pocket. I immediately open my eyes and try to snatch it back, but he lifts his hand above my reach.

“What do you want?!!” I demand angrily.

First he made me look and feel like a fool, now he wants to steal my property?!!

He enters a few numbers into my phone and dials. A vibration resonates from his pocket.

“That’s my number. Save it. Keep it. Cherish it. You can even continue with the kiss with my number.” He teases.

I seriously want to kill this guy, and myself for being such an idiot right now. Shall I shove the chili sauce into his eyes and make him cry chili tears?!

I storm out of the restaurant without finishing my food. He can pay for my food!! I kick his rotten bicycle outside the stall and angrily stomp down the road back to my house again.

-bringggg-

My phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and answer the call without checking the caller ID.

[Hello?] I speak into the phone as I walk down the main road angrily

[You shouldn’t kick someone else’s property like that.] The voice over the phone is playful and happy. 

[1,800 won, I’m not in the mood to talk to you anymore!]

I slam the phone shut and shove it into my back pocket. Since the moment he appeared I always feel so idiotic and stupid!! I should just ignore him. Keep my life the way it was before I met him!

-bringgg-

My phone rings again in my back pocket. I shove the phone into my bag. It’s probably 1,800 won!

“You should probably answer, cause it’s not me.” A voice suddenly appears behind me. I spin around and see 1,800 won on his bike with two ice-creams. He sticks one ice-cream out to me and gives me a light smile.

“Take it before I drop ittttt.” He teases as he playfully pretends to drop the ice cream. I rapidly scoop the cone from his hand.

“I don’t like vanilla ice-cream. I like cookies and cream!” I tell him while deliciously the vanilla ice-cream he gave me.

He smirks, “do you want to hop on?” He offers.

I give his bicycle a good look and shake my head. I rather walk then risk my life on that ancient thing.

He hops off his bike and starts walking beside me. "Then I'll walk with you."

 

“Why do you live alone?” I ask him casually. I immediately regret asking as I realize that it might have been quite an emotional subject to deal with. “It’s fine if you don’t want to tell me.” I quickly add in.

“I don’t really like my dad. He’s different to me. So I just moved out.” He spoke carefully, trying to avoid any emotional trips.

I listened carefully. His tone was calm, but his eyes were lost again. I guess this guy isn’t always happy or innocent. I think he might have some sadness within his life too.

“But, it’s nothing serious. I’ll probably see him again. Just avoiding him until then.” He summarizes and ends his personal story. Then he turns to me and flashes a smile, but I realize this isn’t the normal, innocent ones he gave me. This smile holds more sadness and misery than any smile I saw before.

 

“Why are you so against the Cinderella fairy-tale?” I ask him again.

“Hmm, that’s a lot of questions for one day. I didn’t get to ask anything about you.” He avoids the question, and I get the sign.

I shrug my shoulders and reply, “What is there to know about me, I’m just an ordinary girl living with her mum.”

 

He thinks for a while and finally asks, “Why do you only live with your mum?”

…that’s a powerful question from the start. I guess it’s nothing secretive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter