Chapter 12: I never wanted to leave

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Jongin’s POV*

“Sir, you can’t leave the car.” Ajjussi tells me as I struggle to open the car door frantically.

At 5:30pm I arrived in front of the bus stop. I had a bouquet in my hand and a present I promised her. I was nervous and excited. I knew that my fairy tale would come to an end soon, but I didn’t know it would end today.

As I waited for her, a familiar black car pulled up in front of me. Father had found me. It took exactly 2 months for my fairy tale to end.

Ajjussi forced me into the car and told me that I was to return home before the gala party.

 

“Just let me say goodbye!” I slammed the door several times, but it was all meaningless. All bloody meaningless, because I knew I couldn't escape again.

 

I can see her through the window, but she can't see me.

“We will be leaving in 10 minutes. That’s the most time I can give you.” Ajjussi spoke calmly.

I cringed my forehead as tears trickled down my eyes. I stared at Haena sitting next to the bus stop to some crazy lady.

I was just a glass panel away from her. I was so close but I could never reach her.

“Ajjussi, please, please let me say something to her.” I begged and begged

He looked at me and shook his head slowly. “Nothing can be changed even if you talk to her. Sir, I watched you as a young boy and I saw your mother too…”

He spoke about my mother again. I closed my eyes and shut my ears. “Stop. I know.” I interrupted him before he could go on about my mother.

However, even if I know it’s not right…I want to call her name. I want to call out to her and tell her that I’m sorry.

This wasn’t meant to happen. I didn’t mean to get so involved with Haena in the first place. I wasn’t even interested in her! But from some moment I was really interested in her, and I wanted to know everything about her. From her favourite colour, her favourite word, to her favourite ice-cream flavour…I really wanted to know everything there was about her.

The reason I stopped asking her out was because I really started to like her. I knew that if she went out with me this fake relationship wouldn’t last long, because at the end, I’m not the guy she thinks I am. I’m not the poor guy she believes I am.

“Sir, we have to get going.” Ajjussi informs me.

 

Time to accept the truth.

 

I pull out my phone from my ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter