Chapter 14: Prince Charming

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up in the empty dark room. My eyes are puffy and my throat burns. I touch my forehead and feel a fever. However, all this doesn’t matter.

“Still…not here.” I whisper to myself tearfully.

Was I this weak and stupid?! Didn’t I say from the beginning he was an insincere ?

My brain shouts at my heart, while my heart still refuses to listen to the logic.

I roll over the bed, and check the clock.

6:00pm. Nothing to do. No one at home.

Hungry, but don’t have the power to eat anything.

 

Knock knock.

Two quick knocks vibrate through the empty house and break the previous silent atmosphere.

Who would be visiting at this time? Aargh…shall I act like no one’s at home?

Finally, I reluctantly crawl out of the bed like a caterpillar.

I open the door. And immediately, Mina comes barging into the house.

Did I invite her? I start to think back if I ever invited her. How does she even know my house?

 

“OMG! You’re still not ready?!” She frowns and exclaims frustrated.

Was I supposed to meet…oh right, the gala party…

“We have to get you ready!” Suddenly, she pushes me into the room. She throws a dress at my face and demands that I get changed immediately.

For a final touch I wrap the necklace around my neck. At least if I can’t see him, I will have a part of him with me.

I don’t have the power to fight back so I just pull the dress over me.

“Do they have alcohol at the party?” I ask while dressing into the quite uncomfortable black dress. She smiles at my question and replies, “Of course. From Whiskey, champagne, wine to beer. Anything you desire.”

Ok, at least I can get drunk and just try to forget. Besides, it might be better to be filled with people, rather than staying in this lonely house.

And…maybe in a million…he might be there…

 

Soon, I’m out of the house and stuffed into Mina’s black limo. I’ve never been on a limo. In my dreams I always imagined myself with Sehun sunbae, sharing a drink like champagne in this kind of limo. However, that dream also disappeared when I was with 1,800 won.

“You might see some people, but just stand next to me and everything will be ok.” She beams happily. I give her a polite smile, but I feel my fever getting worse.

“Why are you so pale? Apply some lipstick. Here.” Mina hands me her lipstick from her pouch.

I do as she tells me and quickly apply the stick over my lips. I feel some sweat trickling down my back. I don’t know how long I’m going to be able to stay at this party…

“Mina, I don’t feel really well. Can I go back early?” I ask her.

Immediately, she looks a little disappointed.

“After you see something.” She tells me determination.

See something? See what? Fireworks?

I nod my head and lean back on the seat. My headache keeps getting worse but I try to swallow down the pain.

 

Once we reach the grand mansion, Mina is already applying her 15th layer of make-up. The mansion looks really fancy, like a Cinderella party. I’ve never had the chance to even step foot onto this kind of house. The only palace I visited was the royal palace in the middle of the city.

“When it’s 12, we’ll go back home.” Mina reassures me as she sees my face getting paler.

I crawl out of the fancy car and walk into the grand white mansion. It kind of looks like the White House President Obama resides in.

As I enter the house, another row of fascination slaps me across the face. Just like in Cinderella, the mansion has a long stair case with a massive chandelier at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter