Chapter 15: Cinderella

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Entering the ballroom is 1,800 won in his fancy black suit.

For a second we are looking at each other.

But…he looks away, as if he doesn’t even know who I am. His face is solid and his expression hasn’t changed one bit. While, I feel my whole body crumbling and falling into pieces. I don’t understand anything right now. Everything is just confusing.

 

I wanted him to come, but nothing is making sense. What is he doing here?! He shouldn’t even be here!! He doesn’t own anything. He’s a poor student living off small allowances…

Or…he has been lying to be again…

…is this…is this what Sehun meant?!

I’m afraid Kyungsoo won’t be the biggest surprise today.

 

But how…how can he not even…he looked at me but he still walked away as if I didn’t even exist! He saw me…but he didn’t see me. He didn’t even flinch…He kept his cold stare…

I grab my throbbing head and lean against the wall.

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo suddenly appears behind me and supports me.

I push away his supportive hands and reply, “I’m fine, don’t worry.”

“I guess you saw…” He murmurs.

I guess you saw?!

 

So Kyungsoo knew?!...Of course he knew!! He knew that 1,800 won…1,800 won was not…1,800 won. He knew 1,800 won was actually like 1,800,000,000,000,000 won?!!!

“What is all this bull?” I mutter angrily.

Kyungsoo looks at me apologetically.

So he…he really fooled me. He thought I was easy because I was poor. He thought that since I wasn’t special or rich or anything, he could just play around with me…Everyone around me ing fooled me.

“It’s actually a simple explanation, but I don’t think I should be the one to explain.” Kyungsoo replies calmly. Why is everyone so calm except for me?!

And just like bloody Sehun sunbae, he is avoiding the real answers! Why can’t they just tell me the truth when it’s already clear in my mind?!

“Thanks. Thanks ing much.” I swear angrily and stomp off.

I need the bathroom, or just some room. Away from all these snobbish people and annoyingly rich people. Just somewhere to breathe.

I run down the empty corridor, and see a room open.

“Why is she here?!” A voice from the room demands angrily.

I probably shouldn’t go in. Someone is having a major anger moment like I just did. Ok, let’s look for another hideout.

“I wanted to show her the truth you were too scared to show her!” A voice shouts back defensively.

…Mina?? I swear that was Mina’s voice…

I slowly peer into the room surreptitiously and see Mina and Jongin standing in the middle of the room, facing each other.

However, in the room there’s also another guy. He is sitting down on the sofa with a calm face. He seems to be absorbing the whole situation.

I t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter