Chapter 5: First...kiss??

Cinderella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1,800 won places the tissue in my hand and pulls me up from the bench.

“Let’s get you freshened up.” He wraps his arm over my shoulder and supports me to the water tank at the back of school building.

From the back, I hear Yeseul and Jinhee talking in rapid speed. I also see people peeping out of the classroom to see us. Some girls even gap their mouths open and give me a death glare, which I don’t understand why. It’s not like 1,800 won is even popular!

 

“Why do some of the girls look so angry at me?” I ask 1,800 won

He looks down at me and gives an arrogant smirk. “Because you're with me.” He whispers into my ear discreetly.

 

...Seriously?!! He's popular?

 

He pulls me closer into him. I take a glance up at him, and he looks very serious about my stupid minor injury.

“I didn’t hurt my leg, I can support myself.” I push my body away from his.

However, rapidly he pulls me back into his chest roughly.

“It’s not for support.” He gives me a wink, and I nearly puke.

I kick his shins another time. “Listen Mr.Playboy, you seem to be skilled in this area of womanizing, but I don’t want it.” I rub the tissue against my nose and wipe the blood away.

He grabs his shins in pain and swears quietly. Suddenly, he falls to the floor, and expresses more pain.

 

…what did I do?! I didn’t mean to hit him that hard…

 

I kneel down next to him and ask what’s wrong. He motions for me to come closer to him. I lean into his face and give him my ear.

“Has my skills womanized you too?” He asks playfully, and I notice this was all a show.

*sigh* shall I give his face a good kick now? Or shall I aim for the number 1 treasure he has down there?!

 

“No, and it never will. So please cut out the fake interest you have in me. Or come back when you are honest about your feelings towards me.” I warn him and walk away, leaving him on the floor.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Who is he?!!” Yeseul starts to interrogate me as soon as I come back to the sand pit. Jinhee also steps in closer to hear some gossip.

“1,800 won.” I reply annoyed. I don’t even want to think about him right now! I feel humiliated and stupid!! Why does he always have to appear when I’m in need, making me look weak and vulnerable? No wonder, he thinks I’m such an easy girl to pursue. Well, I don’t know who that guy has been wooing around before, but I’m not those easy girls!!

“He’s 1,800 won?!! But he’s so hot…so tall…charming…innocent smile…” Jinhee whispers into the air as if she has fallen in love.

I shake my head furiously. “He’s not a kind or good-hearted person. He just wants to play around!” I give a clear label to him, while my friends refuse to take my label.

“If you’re not interested, can I talk to him?” Yeseul asks carefully

I roll my eyes at my gullible friends who don’t know the real him. If they really knew what a bastard he is, they wouldn’t even consider looking at him like that!

“As your best friend, I say you shouldn’t go near him!” I warn Jinhee and Yeseul, but I know they won’t even take my advice to consideration at this point.

 

“You three!!! Start running!!” The in Adidas screams over to us, waving her wooden stick frantically in the air.

We start jogging around the sand pit, but when she’s not looking at us we walk slowly, and return back to running when she glances back over to us.

“Apparently we have a grade 12 trip coming up this Friday. So we leave on Friday and come back on Monday.” Jinhee adds in while we are walking around the sand pit.

“Monday? Do we have to come to school?” Yeseul asks confused

“Nah, we get the day off for Monday.”

If we leave for Friday, then I’ll have to miss my family dramas that air on Saturday and Sunday. What will the trip’s theme be this time? Last time we went camping to forest in the middle of some mountain.

“Where are we heading?” I ask, and immediately Jinhee exclaims happily, “The ocean!”

 

……no!! I don’t know how to swim!

 

The last time I went to the ocean was when I was 12, and those were bad memories. My cousins would dive into the water as if they were mermaids, but I was stuck outside on the sand with the old people, because I didn’t know how to swim.

“It’s going to be great! I’m going to wear that bikini I bought last summer.” Yeseul chimes in to Jinhee’s excited mode, while I stare at the distance, lost. I’ll si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter