Chapter 7

ICE: Thaw the Frozen Heart [EDITING]

Chapter 7

 

Yeojin stood frozen as she felt Sehun's breath on her face. She was baffled by his question. Seeing how taken aback she was, Sehun smirked.

"You know...," he started again backing away a bit. "There's a rumor that the young chairman is already married."

Yeojin's mind just went blank for a moment hearing his statement. She was undoubtedly aghast, but she tried her best to masked it. "S-s-so?" She gulped.

"First, your ring looks like a wedding ring. Second," he paused making Yeojin's heart picked its pace, "you know what the weird thing is?" Yeojin only blinked as she was too shocked to even utter a word. "There's a dragon symbol on the ring. Your ring." Yeojin looked down avoiding his gaze. "And it's not just any other dragon symbol. It's the Wu dragon. The same symbol on the plate of the car that drop you off this morning." Yeojin's eyes widened before they were lifted to look at the guy standing so close - too close - to her.

"So let me ask you this," Sehun leaned closer yet again. "Kwon Yeojin, are you Kris Wu's wife?"

Yeojin stared at him with round unblinking eyes before she finally got back to her senses and pushed him away. She then forced a laugh.

"Ya! Are you crazy? How am I, a high school student, a wife? Jinja! Does that make sense?"

Sehun crossed his arms and smiled slyly. "Your now flustered action says otherwise though."

Yeojin cluck her tongue and rolled her eyes feigning ignorance. "Whatever! Think whatever you like! I don't care!" She looked away from him and headed for the doors.

"So you won't care if the students of this school flipped out if i spread a rumor that the wife of Titan Wu's young chairman is a high school student here, right?"

Yj stopped and shot him a look. "Ya! W-w-why will you spread such nonsense! Do you actually think they will believe you?"

Sehun let out a mocking chuckle. "Kids nowdays love such rumors they don't even need much evidence as long as it's from a reliable source such as.. the student president!" He pointed at himself.

"Won't you be embarassed to do so as the president then?" She frowned.

Sehun chuckled dryly. "Ya! Did I say I will spread a rumor of you being the wife? Why are u so worked up? I thought you said you don't care." Yeojin shut and pursed her lips. "This." Sehun pointed at her. "This action of yours just proved that you're related to him." He then took out his phone and started typing something. "So what should I write on SNS-"

"Stop!" Yeojin ran to him and lowered his phone. "Fine! I'll tell you. Yes it was Kris in my house. He's-he's - I-I-I'm like his adopted sister." Technically, it was the truth - half truth.

"Adopted? You still have a mother I know. Why would you be-"

"Hi-his father took me and my family under his wings after my dad died. They were friends. There! Happy now?"

Sehun pursed his lips and nodded. "But Lin doesn't live with you." He snapped at her making her eyes widened at that and her jaw dropped.

"H-how-"

"She told me," he casually shrugged.

"It's because Lin is still a baby for her mom," Yeojin quickly said before Sehun could say anything.

"Rrrighttt~ " Sehun sang in a disbelief tone.

"It's a family matter. Their family matter. Don't ask me." Yeojin avoided his stare.

"You seriously think I will buy that? I think I'll just spread the rumo-"

"Ya! I was telling the truth. How should I convince you?"



The sky was turning dark and his motorbike finally came to a stop in front of a restaurant. Yeojin got down from the bike and stared at the building before looking at Sehun with a raised eyebrow.

"How does coming here help me to convince you?" She asked him but he didn't answer and just grabbed her hand and dragged her inside the restaurant.

"Just do what I say." He told her while entering the five-star restaurant.

As soon as they were inside, dim light and jazz music greeted them.

"May I help you?" A person dressed in a penguin tuxedo asked them who were still in their uniforms with a confused look.

"Ah! I have an appointment with someone. She's probably already here." Sehun answered. "The table's reserved under her name. Kim Sora."

"Okay. Let me check it." The man opened the guest book and scanned the list. "Ah! Here it is. Let me you there." The man smiled and gestured to follow him.

"Ya!" Yeojin tugged his elbow. "Who's Kim Sora?"

"Just don't talk back when I say anything." He took her hand into his gripping it tightly.

The waiter approached a young lady dressed in a simple black dress sitting alone.

"Miss Sora, your guest is here." The waitress bowed and stepped away revealing the waited guy. Sora was surprised to see the said guy wearing uniform, nonetheless her eyes sparkled seeing him. Yet, her gaze soon turned into a confused one when it landed on the girl whose hand was intertwined with his.

"You must be Kim Sora. Sorry for being late." Sehun apologized and sat in front of her while pulling Yeojin to sit down beside him.

"I-I-It's okay!" The girl blinked at them.

Yeojin gave a smile at Sora before looking down when she glared at her. Sehun raised his hand calling a waitress for the menu.

"So what do you want to eat, babe?" Sehun asked Yeojin with a grin showing her the menu.

"Mwo?" Yeojin gasped at how Sehun addressed her. Sora glared at him with widened eyes.

"Eyy~" Sehun slung an arm around her shoulders, "don't be embarassed." Yeojin blinked at him in surprise. "Ah!" Sehun turned to look at the speechless Sora. "I forgot to tell you. This is Yeojin, my girlfriend." Sora's jaw dropped and she scoffed.

Yeojin was no less startled and she was about to shook his arm away but he pulled her closer. "You don't mind if she joined this dinner right?"

Sora heaved a sigh and stood up abruptly.

"Why are you standing up?" Sehun feigned a shock when this was actually what he planned to happen. "We haven't even talked-"

"Enjoy your dinner with your girlfriend." She spat and walked away.

"Ya! Ya! Where are you going?" Sehun pretended to stop her when she just walked ahead. A smirk curled on his lips as he watched her disappeared from his sight.

"What was that all about?!" Yeojin raised her voice and shoved his hand away from her shoulder.

Sehun just chuckled and shook his head amused while Yeojin knitted her eyebrows in confusion. He then stood up and turned to look at her.

"Come on! Let's get something to eat!"

"Ne?"

"Come on!" He grabbed her arm and pulled her up.

The next thing Yeojin knew, he was taking her to a street food stall. Yeojin watched him with raised eyebrows and dropping jaw astonished at how he was deliciously eating his ramyeon and tteokboki. He lifted his head a bit as he slurped his ramyeon when he caught her staring at him.

"What? Why are you staring at me? Can't a chaebol eat street foods?" He chuckled.

Yeojin closed and cleared . "I wasn't staring at you." She took her chopsticks and started eating her food.

"Tsk. Yeah you weren't. You were just watching me with bulging eyes." He snorted and went back to eating.

"What was that all about back there anyway?" Yeojin finally asked the unanswered question before.

"That girl is just a daughter of my mom's friend." He answered

"Arranged date huh?" She asked and he nodded still focusing on his foods. "Wait." A thought crossed her mind. "Is your mother going to call me and blame me for ruining your date with her?"

"Babo! You watch too much dramas. A girl like her has too much pride to tell her mom that she was just 'dumped' for another girl. She will tell her mom that she's not interested in me."

"But how did that help convince you that Kris oppa is not my husband?"

"That didn't."

"Ye?"

"That just helped me get away from that stupid blind date."

"Mwo?!" Yeojin raised her voice.

"You being my girlfriend...," he pointed at her with his chopsticks, "that will convince me."

"Wait. 'will convince'? You're not convinced yet?"

"Of course I'm not convinced yet. What we did back there has no relation whatsoever with you and Kris."

"I don't understand-"

"If you're really not Kris' wife...," he looked at her and smirked, "be my girlfriend."

"MWO?! Me? Your girlfriend?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"If you're not his wife then there's no problem for you to date anyone." He shrugged.

"That's true! But why should I date you? I don't like you. Wait. Do you have a crush on me or something?" She narrowed her eyes at him and he chuckled dryly.

"Ya! You think I like you? I don't!"

"Then why do I have to be your girlfriend?"

"So that I can keep an eye on you and prove myself right!"

"But I'm supposed to prove you're wrong and myself right."

"Exactly!" He exclaimed making Yeojin puzzled even more. He crossed his arm and continued, "Be my girlfriend for one whole school year and we'll see who's right and wrong, and whether you told the truth or lied."

Yeojin gasped and stood up. "You're unbelievable! I'm not going to do it!"

"Suit yourself~!" Sehun sang and went back to his forgotten foods. "Students might go crazy tomorrow. Oh! But you're not the one in the news right?"

Yeojin took a deep breath closing her eyes. This guy now has turned from an ice prince to a thug! She knew that even if the rumor spread, her name won't be mentioned, but if it reached Kris' ear, she would be the one slew by the dragon. He would blamed it all on her as always. But this meant she had to lie. Yeojin bit down her lip and sat back down.

"Fine! I'll do it! And I'm doing it not because I care if the rumor is spread - since I'm not his wife anyway - but because you have poked my competitive side!" She pointed at him.

"Okay." He shrugged. Gotcha! The fact that you're agreeing alone means you're his wife. You won't care about the rumor at all if you're not it. Kwon Yeojin, you're trapped! And I will gather evidences and uncover your secret!

"One school year and we're done!" She exclaimed.

"Of course! What? You want us to continue our relationship after we graduate? Yeah right!" He rolled his eyes. "Like I will fall for a girl like you! You might really fall for me, but I won't!"

"I won't too!" Yeojin glared and scrunched her nose.

"Good! Now finish your food! I've paid for it!" He ordered and continued eating. Yeojin scrunched her nose again and stuck out her tongue at him before she raised her chopsticks and continued eating.

 


"Sir, don't forget that tomorrow right after office time, you will have to go to China for a meeting with a share holder arranged for the next day." Mr. Lee reminded him as he entered his car. He nodded and drove away from the building.



Yeojin entered her house and saw Kris' shoes indicating that he's home. She looked around the living room, but Kris was not there. She entered the bedroom and saw an opened luggage on the bed with several clothes in it while Kris was taking some other clothes from the wardrobe. He turned around and stopped when he saw her standing at the door.

"Where have you been?" He asked while walking toward the luggage and putting his clothes afterwards.

"Umm... Dinner with a friend." Yeojin answered.

"A friend huh?" He quirked an eyebrow at her. Yeojin just cleared and tried to divert the topic.

"Going somewhere?" She glanced at the luggage.

"I got a meeting in China tomorrow right after office time. So I'm packing now." He went back to arranging his clothes.

"H-how long?"

"Two days." He replied and she nodded weakly while pursing her lips. "What? You're not gonna miss me are you?" He smirked.

"O-o-of course not!" She stuttered surprised by his question. It had been long since he like this. Actually, she had been wondering why he had somehow turned nice towards her these past few days.

 


The next day -
Yeojin opened the door weakly and plopped down on the couch. A day at school was always exhausting. But at least Sehun was too busy today coordinating with other PICs of the event that she didn't meet him the whole day. A thought of him reminded her of the little pact she had with him.

"Why did I agree to do it? I should've just walked away! He wouldn't be able to find any evidence. Babo!" She hit her own head. "Why did you agree, Kwon Yeojin?!" She then slowly tapped her chin. "But not even a rumor should be leaked about our marriage. So maybe I've made the right decision." She threw her head back leaning it on the couch.

Now how am I supposed to prove the truth to be wrong? How am I supposed to hide it? She sighed.

She then took out her phone and saw a text message.

From: Ice Block 2
16.32 Ya! Where were you? Why didn't you wait for me? Next time, you're going home with me. From now on, you're my girlfriend.

"Mwo?!" Yeojin rolled her eyes. "Ya! Are we even in a real relationship?" She shouted at the screen but didn't type anything and just walked to her bedroom.

After half an hour, she walked out of the bedroom toward the kitchen while drying her hair with a towel. She made a dinner for herself and took a seat on the high chair. Somehow she felt lonely eating alone. The small house suddenly felt too spacious.

"I wish he were here..." she sighed. Hearing her own words shocked her and she shook her head. "Stop it, Yeojin! Why are you missing that ice block! Isn't this good? No one who keeps on picking a fight with you!" She chastised herself and went back to eating her food.

PING.
Just then her phone vibrated indicating a text message.


Kris stepped in the elevator with Mr. Lee.

"Have you taken care of my luggage?" He asked Mr. Lee while tapping on his phone.

"Yes, chairman!"

Are you home yet|

He deleted the message.

You're not hanging out with that Seh|

He deleted it again.

It's rainy season. Bring an umbrella. I hope you won't bother me by getting sick. Don't miss me|

Why am I texting her? Delete delete delete! But his finger tapped the send button. He gasped startling his PA.

"Is something wrong, Chairman?"

"Nothing!" He cleared his throat. Damn it! Stupid! He squeezed his eyes.

PING.
His phone vibrated soon after.

From: Kwon Yeojin
17.43 Aren't you the one missing me right now texting me like this? ㅋㅋㅋ

"Aish! Jinja!" Kris exclaimed through gritted teeth and Mr. Lee flinched and stared at the chairman quizzically. "You wish!" Kris said loudly as he tapped the same words on his phone.

DING.
The elevator door opened and Kris shoved his phone into his pocket. He walked out of the building and got inside the car sitting on the back passenger seat while Mr. Lee sat in front beside the chauffeur. The car drove away hitting the main road.

Kris pinched the bridge of his nose. Why did I even think of texting her!

He lifted his head and looked out the window when he saw dark clouds slowly gathering. Seeing the dark clouds reminded him of Yeojin again against his will.

She's alone. What if she.. Ey! She's a big girl now, Yifan! Why are you worried again? He let out a sigh and ruffled his hair.

Mr. Lee looked back at him when he heard a heavy sigh. "Is there anything wrong, sir?"

"No. Just drive quickly." Kris waved his hand.

 


Yeojin giggled as she replied Kris' sudden text message.

PING.

From: Ice Block 1
17.45 YOU WISH!

Yeojin scoffed reading the text. "One ice block is turning into a thug, blackmailing me to be his girlfriend, while another ice block is becoming bipolar, worrying about me one time and cursing at me the next. Ha! What a life!"

She put aside her phone and continued eating. She finished a few minutes after and started washing her plate and utensils when she glanced out the window and realized that the sky was turning darker than the usual. Her heart pounded at the sight and she pursed her lips.

"It's okay, Yeojin! You can go through this!" She told herself and continued washing her dish.

Just then, a low rumble of the sky was sounded. She lifted her head in surprise and gulped.

"It's okay, Yeojin!" She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Calm down!" She let out a breath.

She quickly finished washing the dish and utensils. She the turned around and walked away from the sink. Suddenly a loud crashing sound of thunders was heard and Yeojin immediately shrieked as she stopped in her step and ducked down; her hands pressed on both ears. An image of a knife covered with blood flashed in her mind.

"Take a deep breath!" She told herself shaking her head and still crouching on the floor with ears and eyes closed. "Calm down, Yeojin. Calm down!" She chanted to herself and slowly opened her eyes and stood up.

She deeply sighed and walked when thunder rumbled again. But this time she only flinched and gulped, and she quickly walked to the living room.

BOOM. CRASH.
A bright lightning flashed and thunder clapped loudly followed by a blackout.

Yeojin shrieked but tried to composed herself. She panted as if she had just run a great distance. Tears were starting to well in her eyes as she stood frozen. She closed her eyes to calm herself down.

Bad idea! As soon as she closed her eyes and thunder rumbled lowly, flashes of a memory she wished to forget came to her giving her an instant pain on her head. She hold her head with both hands and fell on her knees fighting to open her eyes as images of blood covering her hand, her dad's head cradled by her, and a knife piercing through the flesh of a young man vaguely played on her mind.

"Mom, help me!" She cried. The images became clearer and kept on flashing like lightning in her mind. "NOOOO!" She screamed and her eyes flew opened.

Beads of sweat trickled down her forehead as her eyes darted around the dark room. She looked for her phone, but just remembered that it was left in the kitchen. She got up and carefully took a step for the kitchen when she suddenly heard noises outside.

That must not be Kris! Oh my! A burglar? She bit down her lip and tried to think of a plan for defense. She fumbled for something as she heard the sound of footsteps coming closer to the front door. How did he get over the wall?

Her hands touched the coffee table and grabbed on something: a remote TV. She was going to toss it away and look for something else for defense, but the sound of footsteps got nearer. She stood up abruptly and carefully looked for the door in the dark. She hid behind the door her back leaned on the wall as she gripped the remote TV for dear life and closed her eyes.

Once the door was opened and shut she attack the burglar hitting him with the remote TV.

"Go away! Get out of my house! Get out!" She frantically shouted while hitting the burglar.

"Ya! Ya! Stop! Stop! It's me!" Yeojin stopped hitting when the person grabbed her wrists and she recognized the voice.

"Kris?" She asked tilting her head up trying to see his face in the dark. Her eyes slowly adjusted to the dark and she could vaguely see his face.

"Yes! It's me!" He let go of her wrists and started rubbing his arm which was hit by her. "Sheesh! You sure hit me hard-" He suddenly felt arms s around his waist and her face buried on his chest. He blinked a few times taken aback.

"Y-ya! L-le-let go-" He heard her sniffed. She's crying? The sniff turned into a sob. She must've had that panic attack again!

"Y-ya! Don't cry! Stop crying! This is my favorite shirt!" He spat, but one of his arm started encircling her body. Yeojin cried even more. He sighed and his other hand started caressing her head. "Stop crying. I'm here. I'm here." He softly said.



His hand pulled the blanket over her body. Yeojin had cried herself to sleep while clinging to his arm. Kris sighed looking at how her eyebrows are knitted even though she was already asleep.

"It's only 06.15 and you're already sleeping. Crybaby!" He exclaimed at the sleeping girl. Look at me! I hugged the person I hated the most and even put her to sleep! He scoffed at himself. "Kwon Yeojin, why do you keep on making me do things I don't want to do?"

His phone vibrated continuously as a call came in.

Yeojin's Mom
The screen lighted up with the name.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Yifan-ah! Can you call Yeojin? It's raining and some parts of the city are experiencing blackout. I've been trying to reach her, but she didn't pick up her phone." Her mom panicked.

"I'm here with her," he replied and glanced at her. "She's sleeping now. The lights came back on a few minutes ago."

"That's a relief then." She sighed. "Wait. You're with her? Aren't you supposed to go to China today?"

"N-ne. The meeting...the meeting got postponed." He quickly answered stuttering.

"Ah~ Okay then. I'm sorry if she bothered you, but please take care of her, Yifan. You know how she is during rainy season."

"Ne, m-mother." With that they ended the call. Kris took another glance at her and cluck his tongue before standing up and exiting the room.

He walked to the kitchen to get some water while untying his tie.

BRRT BRRT BRRT
A continuous sound of vibration caught his attention. He looked around and spotted Yeojin's phone on the island counter. He picked it up and saw a call coming in.

"Ice Block 2?" He quirked an eyebrow. "Who's Ice Block 2?"

He was about to pick up the call when the call ended. He put the phone back down and turned to get a glass when the phone vibrated again. The same name lighted up on the screen. He swiped the screen picking up the phone.

"Ya! Why are you just picking up the phone now? That's not how you supposed to treat your boyfriend!" The caller on the other end immediately spoke before Kris could say anything.

Boyfriend? Kris's brows were furrowed.

The caller cluck his tongue before continuing. "Anyway, we'll have another meeting tomorrow." Kris remained silent as his mind tried to figure out the familiar voice.

Is this that Sehun? Without his own realization, Kris suddenly felt his inside burning at the mere thought of the name.

"Ya! Why aren't you saying anything? What are you doing anyw-"

"Yeojin is sleeping. Stop calling!" Kris immediately ended the call and gritted his teeth. "That guy is annoying!" He huffed a breath. "They're dating?"

 


Tripple update as promised! :) Sorry it took a long time to update.