Q&A - The Answers

ICE: Thaw the Frozen Heart [EDITING]

To author: What was your inspiration to write this story? And like how'd you even come up with such a great storyline lol And who's your bias from exo???

Hmm inspiration... I guess just EXO in general. Honestly, I don't really remember what prompted me to write this. I think it was Kris' departure from the group :'(

lol I thought the storyline is a jumble mess XD but anyway, well I guess I was just somewhat fed up with the usual fanfic with arranged marriage plot where it always begins with the main leads not knowing each other-like ever!- and then out of the blue the parents introduce them to their long time friends and they are forced to marry each other or if (usually) the girl gets to decide, she agrees just because she's hurt by her ex or something like that and then even though they are (again usually) under age, they were told to live together under one roof where they fall in love with each other.

That kind of plot is great when written meticulously actually and minus the fast process of falling in love. And I've found some stories with this cliched plot that still turned out to be great. And not that I hate that kind of plot. I mean, there are A LOT of those cliché I use in this story too, I admit. But yeah, guess I was just bored reading the same old- same old in the K fanfic world haha, so I decided to write one which didn't start with the hero and heroine just being introduced to one another, but already gotten married instead. Plus, Kris and Yeojin were best friends first. And I may not yet reveal the reason they were married in the first place, but I'll give a spoil that it wasn't just the-parents-are-friends-the-kids-are-friends-so-the-kids-better-get-married kind of story. The friendship played a big part, but it wasn't plainly that ^^

Okay, sorry for ranting. That was too long!

And my bias is CHANYEOL! <3 Well, actually my bias list keeps on changing. But he's my exo first love


 

Kris, are there any memories with Yeojin that you regret of and (if you can) want to erase or redo? What is/are the sweetest things that Yeojin had done for you? 

Kris : *stares at you coldly* Mind your own business! *secretly wishing to redo the kiss with Yeojin*

 

Yeojin, are there any memories with Kris that you regret of and (if you can) want to erase or redo?What is/are the sweetest things that Kris had done for you?

Yeojin  : Hmm. There's a lot that I regret! Like marrying him, for instance. It broke our friendship even more. Oh! And the kiss! I wish I could undo it. Things are getting weird now because of that.

*sighs*

I wish I can go back to that time when we were just friends who have fun with no confusing feelings.

As for sweet things... hmm. Kris is not the sweet type. Oh! I like Beavie though. But honestly, I don't know. You've read about us. You tell me. Haha.

 

Sunhee, How is Jongdae as a boyfriend? LMAO. No, seriously, I'm curious

Sunhee : *blushes* Well, umm... He's nice, such a troll...

Jongdae : Won't deny it *nods*

Sunhee : ...he jokes around a lot...

Jongdae : Can't let my girl be sad now, can I? Am never joking when I say I like you though *grins*

Sunhee. : *blushes even more* and he's like a vending machine.

Jongdae : Hey! *pouts*

Sunhee : What? You always buy me snacks and drinks.

Jongdae : *grins again* You're right! That's how much I care about you! I won't let your stomach be empty!

 

To Sehun: Actually it's more like a request though. Hey conceited boy, can you give me a hug too?

Sehun : *rolls eyes* That's reserved only for someone. *walks away cooly* 

 

To Lin: Sehun or Jongin?

Lin : Sehun of course! I mean, have you seen him? How can you compare him with the weird playboy wannabe?

Jongin : Hey!

Lin : *shrugs* It's the truth

Jongin : *snakes an arm around her waist* *leans to her ears* You know you're falling for me.

Lin : Am not! *rolls eyes* How many times do I have to tell you your smooth talking won't work on me? *shoves him and walks away*

Jongin: *chuckles* Yeap. She's falling alright.

 

To anyone (the author can answer it too): What is/are the initial reason(s) that made both Kris and Yeojin's families agreed to marry them?

Mrs. Wu : We the parents had always wanted them to marry each other.

Mrs. Kwon : True! But it wasn't really arranged. The kids were already close even before marriage.

Mrs. Wu : Yes. *giggles* And we thought it was just a matter of time until they fall for each other. We never forced them to marry each other. I'm curious why they agreed on marrying each other actually?

Kris : *rolls eyes* Ask her. *points at Yeojin* I didn't agree to it, and I still don't know why she even agreed.

Yeojin : *sighs* Do we have to talk about this?

Kris : On second thought, yes, we don't have to answer your question. *stares at you coldly* Why are we even answering questions again?

Yeojin : Hey, no need to be so rude to the readers!

Kris : You want to answer the question then?

Yeojin : Err. No. Sorry, guys. Better ask the author.

Author : *is silent* *is slowly backing away* *runs away and hides*

 

Kris, now that you've realized your feelings, you're not planning to end your marriage and divorce Yeojin, right? (Please tell me you're not! 🙏)

Kris : You think? *rolls eyes* She's mine.

 

To Baekhyun: My baby, my angel, my boy, my man. You really are an angel, Baekhyun-ah. Though you appear in this story for a quite short time, you played a big role and gave such big impacts (especially to me). *started tearing up*

Now that you're gone, you'll allow Yeojin to continue her life, right? You'll let her find a man and be happy for the rest of her life, won't you? Please, tell her to be happy and don't live her life in pain, fear and misery anymore. Because she deserves to be happy. *Crying a river already* 😭

Author : :'( Yes, I'm sure he would want her to be happy and find the person she truly loves. Okay to satisfy your longing for him, I'll let you know what he might write to her if he could.

Hey, Jin!

It's me. How have you been doing? I know you've been doing pretty well. You're still that strong girl I knew and liked. But you can't be stronger alone, Jin. Please don't close your heart to anyone. Don't be afraid to love. You don't have to rush it, but let your heart choose whom to love. Don't be afraid because, trust me, your true love won't leave you. How I wish I were the one! But I'm sure someone else is waiting for you to let him into your heart. Oh! One more thing. Most importantly, be happy, Jin. Be happy for yourself because you deserve it. Be happy for me. And for your dad too. Don't worry about us.

Love,

Baekhyun.

P.S. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye. You can hit me as hard as you want later when we meet again. Oh! But don't meet me too soon. I don't want to meet you yet. We shouldn't meet too soon, okay? Be healthy and happy first.

 

Hello kid giant with fairy ear (No, no, I'm not insulting you. That's a compliment 😉😏)! At first I thought you're a bad guy just like your father. But it seems like the author loves you too much that she can't even make you bad even in a story, and I'm more than glad to find that you're a nice man here. I'm loving you more 😘😘😘💕💕

Chanyeol : Haha! I like this reader! Who wouldn't love me, right? *winks*

 

SeJin all the way! Let her be with Sehun!

Sehun : *silently nods in approval*

Yeojin : I'm married though. Unless... But then... And Kris... *sighs*

Kris : *glares at SeJin shippers* Who are these people? I want them fired.

Lin : What about me?
Jongin : What about me?
Lin : *rolls eyes* *pushes Jongin away*

Luhan : Is there even any other ship? I approve her, but she's too cute for my cold brother.
Sehun : *glares at him* Why are you even here?
Luhan : I live to tease you, remember? *winks*

Chanyeol: Who's Sehun?
 

We want KrisJin!

Lin : OMG! Yes please! I totally agree!
Jinho : *high fives Lin*

Yeojin : *sighs*
Kris : Some people are finally making sense! I won't fire you as readers.

Sehun : *stares at KrisJin shipper coldly*

Jongin : Don't push her to choose, guys. Let her choose between whom she loves the way I chose sleep over dance. Let the girl choose with no pressure, people! *puts hashtag KrisJin on every socmed posts* *secretly starts KrisJin fancafe*

Jongdae : Why KrisJin? Isn't Sehun her boyfriend? Who's Kris anyway?
Sunhee : *elbows Jongdae*
Jongdae : What?
Kris : *glares at Jongdae*
Jongdae : Owh! That Kris Wu? *shrugs* I still don't get it though. What is he to her? Sehun is her boyfriend. I think they really like each other too. That cold President always smiles around her and he has those twinkles in his eyes when he looks at her, and *continues on talking*
Sunhee : *sighs* *holding the urge to duct-tape his mouth*
Kris : *silently plotting Jongdae's assassination*
Sehun : *mentally hugging Jongdae*

Grandpa : What's KrisJin, Mr. Ahn?
Mr. Ahn : It's a ship name the readers created, Sir?
Grandpa : Ship? What ship? I don't remember Titan Wu selling ships? Are we into that business now?
Mr. Ahn : No, Sir. It means a romantic relationship. The pairing the readers are supporting, Sir. In this case, they are supporting young master Kris and young miss Yeojin. Hence, the name KrisJin.
Grandpa : Oh! Is that so? Hoho! A ship huh? Very well then! I better go remind my grandson not to sink this ship.
Mr. Ahn : Yes, Sir. *inwardly grinning* *inwardly celebrating* *dances when Grandpa has gone*
Grandpa : *clears throat* Uhm... Mr. Ahn? What are you doing?
Mr. Ahn : *abruptly stops dancing* *straightens up* Nothing, Sir. Just stepping on some ants.
Grandpa : Oh? Okay. Call Yifan and continue on stepping those ants then.
Mr. Ahn : Very well, Sir. I shall do so. *bows and walks away* *joins Jongin's KrisJin fancafe*


 

Haha! So what do you guys think about this? Do you think they sounded like they should be? I don't know about you guys, but I had fun answering that lol. That letter to Baekhyun is seriously a tearjerker though, unnie bul225 !