Chapter 21

ICE: Thaw the Frozen Heart [EDITING]

Chapter 21

 

"Yifan," Areum muttered under her breath inaudible to the pair.

Yeojin suddenly felt warmth engulfing her hand. She looked down and found Kris' hand holding hers. She felt like her brain went dead for a moment, unsure of how to explain to Areum as the older girl approached them. She looked back and forth between Kris and Areum, trying to form an explanation. 

"He's... This is... He's my broth-"

"It's okay." Kris tighten his grip on her hand to stop her. "She knows."

"What?" Yeojin's jaw dropped. "What do you mean she knows?"

Areum's lips curved into a small smile. "So you're the unfortunate girl who had to marry this weird guy, huh?" Areum joked.

Yeojin just blinked, not understanding what she meant.

Areum gave Kris the side glance and poked out her tongue at him before she looked back at the girl. "I know he's married," she started explaining. "I just never thought that the girl would be you."

"You knew each other?" Yeojin looked up at the tall guy. "How?"

Kris sighed. He never imagined that the two girls would actually meet. "We're...," he briefly glanced at Areum, "college friends."

Areum gave out a smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Ain't this world so small?" She chuckled. "I should've known. He's the guy you told me ordered jajjangmyeon for you right?"

Yeojin just nodded.

"You've been to her place?" Kris asked Yeojin with widened eyes.

"Uh. Yeah. Sehun brought me there." She bit down her lip.

"Ah! By the way." Areum reached inside her purse and fished out Yeojin's phone. "I came here to give you this. I was going to keep it for your next visit, but then I thought you might need it ASAP. So I asked Sehun for your address."

Yeojin gasped and took the phone with her free hand. "Oh my gosh! I didn't even realized I've left it!"

Kris flicked her forehead. "You and your habit of losing things!"

"Ouch! Ya!" Yeojin rubbed her forehead with a deep frown.

Seeing how they interacted, Areum tried to hide her giggle by pursing her lips.

"Do you want my number, Yeojin?" Areum offered. "You know, to contact me if this weird guy assault you. Domestic violence is pretty common these days," she joked again.

"Ya!" This time Kris reacted and pretended to wanting to hit her.

Yeojin laughed and shook her head. "Actually I may need your number. So yes please." She handed her phone to Areum.

Areum tapped in her number and gave it a miss call. She then gave it back to Yeojin with a smile. "Well, I better go now. I'll see you again, Yeojin." She then turned to Kris. "You too, Yifan." She bobbed her head and sauntered to her car.

"Thank you for returning the phone, Eonni!" Yeojin waved.

The car drove away and Yeojin just realized then that Areum called Kris as Yifan. She felt Kris' grip on her hand tightened and it finally dawned on her that Areum couldn't be just a 'friend'.

She looked at the direction the car had disappeared to and glanced at Kris who was also looking at that direction. "Is she...," Yeojin dragged unsure whether to ask or not and decided the former, "your ex?"

Kris didn't answer. He zoned out as he still stared the same way though the car was not there anymore. He only tightened his hold on her hand.

"Ah!" Yeojin winced. "Kris! You're hurting my hand!"

Kris snapped his head toward her and then looked down at their hands. He immediately let go of her hand. "Sorry! I-I-I didn't meant to."

Yeojin rubbed her hand and brought it close to her chest. "It's okay. Let's just get inside now." Yeojin walked to the door.

"Y-yeah!" Kris followed behind.

As they entered through the door, Yeojin felt an unfamiliar feeling that annoyed her. She felt a mix of sadness, disappointment, and slight anger. Could I possibly be... No, no, no. She shook her heard. It can't be that!

"Hey." Kris grabbed her upper arm once they were inside the house. Yeojin looked up at him with raised brows. "About her...," he trailed off.

"Hm?"

Kris wanted to say sorry. He wanted to say for her not to worry. But the thought of wanting to say them slapped him to realization. Why would he even need to say it? It wasn't like they were emotionally invested in their relationship anyway. Thus, Yeojin wouldn't even feel jealous, he concluded. "Nothing." His hand slipped down from her arm.

Yeojin furrowed her brows as she watched him enter the bedroom. What was he trying to say?



Kris stood up from his chair after hours of analyzing the problems circulating around Titan Hotel. He wanted to believe that Suho was just paranoid, but the hotel's recent - and sudden - problems did seem to be orchestrated.

He was walking to the kitchen, but stopped when he passed the living room. Yeojin was sitting down on the carpet, her body hunched over the coffee table as she was doing her homework as usual. Her forehead was wrinkled as she clustered her brows in the middle. Her tongue poked out a little, her hand supported her head while her other hand was tapping the pencil on her chin. Two bags of chips were on the table too.

Kris sauntered to where she was and sat down on the couch behind her. "Need some help?" He offered.

Yeojin was a bit startled by his presence. "Uhm. Yeah, I guess so. I don't understand how to solve this." She pointed at her math problem.

Kris moved to sit on the ground beside her. He leaned closer to read the problem and it made her automatically backed away a bit.

He scoffed when he had finished reading the math problem. "And you call yourself a 'Wu'?" Yeojin frowned at that while Kris snatched her pencil from her hand. "Here. Look."

Yeojin complied and leaned closer to listen to Kris' explanation. Kris showed her how to solve the problem and Yeojin wowed at him and clapped her hands.

"Geez. You're so childish." He gave her back her pencil. "Now try to solve the next problem by yourself."

Yeojin nodded with a grin. As she was working on her homework, Kris watched her. Without him really realizing it, a corner of his lips curled up.

"What is he tutoring you again?"

"Accounting," Yeojin answered without turning to look at him.

"Why did you suddenly have to get tutored by him?"

Yeojin sighed. "Oh, you don't wanna know. And I don't wanna tell."

"What, did you messed up big time with your quiz?" He quirked a brow. Yeojin didn't answer and Kris took her silence as a confirmation. "How much did you get?" He pressed.

Yeojin bit down her lip, refusing to answer. But Kris kept on asking.

"Ya! I'm asking you." He raised his voice a bit. Since Yeojin didn't answer, he started guessing. "60?" Yeojin slowly shook her head. "50?" She shook her head again. "What?! Not even 50?" He clicked his tongue. "How much then?" Without looking at him, Yeojin slowly raised four fingers. "40?!" Kris almost yelled in surprise. "You gotta be kidding me." He threw his head back.

Yeojin flinched at his tone and pouted. She slowly glanced at him from the corner of her eyes. "Why are you suddenly interested in my academic anyway?" She mumbled.

"Because you're still carrying my last name. I gotta know whether you worth carrying it or not."

"Fine!" Yeojin suddenly retorted boldly now. "Don't worry about it! I got the smartest student in school as my tutor, so I'm sure I'll pull through." She pursed her lips and turned back to her homework.

Kris was taken aback by her answer. But besides that, he was somehow annoyed by how Yeojin was indirectly praising Sehun. He was used to being on top, so now that his own wife praised another guy on something he could do better, he disliked it.

"Stop going to him just to get tutored," he mumbled a bit unclearly as his eyes darted elsewhere

"Huh?" Yeojin raised a brow. "What did you say?"

Kris gritted his teeth before taking a deep breath. "I said," his eyes stared at hers, "stop going to him. I'll tutor you instead. I'm the chairman of Titan Wu anyway. So I know better than him."

Yeojin's eyes grew wide at his offer. Was I hearing right? She blinked several times before she lightly shook her head. "It's not that easy. I failed telling the teacher that I already have a tutor because she was too excited for me to get tutored by Sehun. And she's not that easy to talk to."

Kris pursed his lips in thought. He wasn't just going to let it slide. Once he wanted something, he would get

"Who's your teacher?"

"Miss Moon. Why?"

Kris just smirked and stood up walking away. Yeojin's confused eyes followed him until he disappeared into the kitchen.

Weird. She shook her head.


 

As they walked to the cafeteria, Yeojin laughed at Sunhee's recount of Jongdae continuously texting her these past few days. Suddenly a plastic bag appeared before her eyes and she instantly stopped walking. She turned around to see the person behind her that was holding up the bag, and she found Sehun with a charming smile.

Wait. Did I just thought of his smile as charming? Yeojin mentally slapped herself.

Sehun handed her the plastic bag. Yeojin took it and looked inside. Her eyes widened seeing bags of chips and other snacks.

"What are these for?" Her head whipped up to him.

His smile turned into a proud smirk. "You mentioned not being able to focus studying without snacks, so I bought those for later."

"Seriously?! Wow! Thanks!" Yeojin grinned and hugged the plastic bag. Sehun just shook his head and smirked in amusement.

Sunhee, who had been silently watching them, blinked at the two. She's telling him things now?

"Hey." Yeojin nudges Sunhee. "Since there's a lot, let's eat some with Lin!"

Sunhee just smiled and nodded.

"Oh! There you are!" Miss Moon approached the group. "I've been looking for you two!" She beamed and all three students bobbed their heads.

"Is there anything you want to say, Miss?" Sehun asked.

"Yes," she answered before turning her head to Yeojin with a wider grin. "Why didn't you tell me you're close with Wu Yifan?"

"Ne?" Yeojin's eyebrows shot up and her eyes widened. She glanced at her friend who was looking equally surprised.

Miss Moon suddenly chuckled. "Oh, I'm the silly one! I should've known. You're close with his sister, right? Anyway," the lady turned to Sehun again, "thank you for tutoring her, and I'm sure you've done a great job. I know you actually have a lot in your hands already."

"It's nothing, Ma'am," Sehun politely answered, but his eyebrows were knitted.

"Yes, yes. But you need not worry now. I'm freeing you from your tutoring duty," Miss Moon enthusiastically announce.

Sehun briefly looked at Yeojin and they both shared confused looks. "Pardon me?" He asked the teacher again.

"You don't have to tutor her anymore. So you don't have to juggle your own assignments, duties as the President, and tutoring. I've found a new tutor for her. Well, actually, he volunteered."

"He?" Yeojin asked her brows knitted deeper.

"Wu Yifan. He called me this morning," Miss Moon happily said.

"Ye?!" Yeojin and Sunhee exclaimed in surprise with widened eyes while Sehun fell silent.

"He was the best student in my class back when he was in high school. And he's now a chairman of a big company, so it will be great for you to learn from him."

Sehun balled his hands into fists. He felt a sudden surge of anger.

"Though he's not an accountant, but I'm sure he more or less knows how accounting is used in the real business world. You're so lucky you're close with him." The teacher patted her shoulder. "Study hard, okay?"

Yeojin slowly nodded, still trying to let the information sink in her mind, before the teacher bid the three a good bye.

"Ya! What's with Kris?" Sunhee whispered, equally perplexed.

"I don't know either." She took a glance at Sehun and noticed his tightened jaws and balled fists. She honestly didn't know what to feel at that point.

Sehun suddenly just walked away without saying a word. Yeojin told Sunhee to go on ahead to the cafeteria first because she needed to make a call.

"Ya!" Yeojin looked around and tried to find a secluded spot. "What's with the sudden tutoring by you?" Yeojin half-shouted to the phone.

["Miss Moon had told you, huh? Good then. Listen, I'm gonna have a meeting now. I'll pick you up at the school later. Okay? Alright, I gotta go now."]

"Wait, what? You're going to pick me up- hey! Kris! Kris!" Yeojin groaned when Kris ended the call.

She sighed and looked down at the plastic bag in her hand. If this happened in another time, she would probably celebrate over the opportunity to spend time with Kris because that meant something good for their friendship. But now, she felt the whole thing was just so wrong.



"Eonni!" Lin tapped Yeojin's shoulder as she was standing at the school's lobby.

Yeojin whipped her head to the younger girl and smiled.

"So Gege is going to pick you up?"

"Yeah. That's what he said." Yeojin shrugged.

A black car stopped in front of them and both girls recognized it as the car that usually picked Lin up. The driver came out of the front door, bobbed his head and opened the back door.

"You sure Gege will pick you up?" Lin asked.

"Yeah. I'll just wait for him."

"Okay." Lin walked to the car and turned back around before entering it. "Good luck with the tutoring, Eonni!" She waved.

Yeojin nodded and watched the car drove away. She then looked at her watch before looking around for Sehun. She had not seen him ever since lunch break and she wondered if he was still around.

"Hey! You're still here?" Sunhee popped beside her.

"Yeah. Sunhee, did you see Sehun anywhere?"

Sunhee raised her brows at that. "Sehun? No. Why?"

"Ah. Nothing. Just wondering." She gave a forced a smile and looked down at the plastic bag in her hand.

Yeojin's phone vibrated continuously in the pocket of her skirt. She took it out and picked up immediately when she saw the caller ID.

"Where are you?"

["I got stuck in traffic. Can you go to the office by yourself instead?"]

"What?! Your office?! Are you crazy? Why there?" Yeojin freaked out and wouldn't realize that some students were staring at her if it wasn't for Sunhee who nudged her.

["I have another meeting at the office later. I'll probably arrive there when you do."]

"You have a meeting again? Then let's just do it another time. Or at our house later." Yeojin tried to keep her emotion in check when inside she was already freaked out by the idea of visiting Kris' office. What is he thinking? "Or I can just ask Sehun to tutor me today."

["No!"] Kris replied with no hesitation which startled Yeojin. ["Can't you just do as I say? Just go there.] He sighed in frustration. ["I'll tell Miss Moon you refused to be tutored if I don't see you there."] He threated.

"What? Alright, alright. I'll go." Right after that reply, Kris ended the call. "Aish!" She clicked her tongue. "Can you believe it? He told me to go to his office!" She grumbled to Sunhee.

"Want me to give you a ride there?" Sunhee offered.

Yeojin contemplated over it and decided to accept the offer. She thought it would make her look less miserable if she came with a car there.


 

After thanking Sunhee and the driver, she stepped out of the car and waved as the car sped away. She turned to face the building, and her jaw dropped as she looked at how tall and grand the building was. Suddenly she felt her bag getting heavier on her shoulder. She took a deep breath before striding to the front door where she was met by a security guard.

The security raised his brows at her, but didn't ask anything and just scanned her bag. She then walked through the revolving door and arrived on the other side with agape mouth. Some people in uniform and work attire who were there gave her a look, but she was oblivious to them because her eyes were wandering around, taking in the details of the lobby. Her jaw dropped even more (if it was even possible) when her eyes landed on the replica of a flying Chinese dragon on the ceiling.

She might be the wife of Kris Wu, but never once did she stepped on the building of Titan Wu until now. She slowly closed . She felt her heart racing and her shoulder slumping down from the sudden amount of pressure.

She didn't realize the big pressure of being Kris' wife until now. She knew how wealthy his family is and she heard of how big their company is, but she never thought it through when she decided to agree on marrying him. Some other girls would kill to be in her position, but Yeojin felt like running away right now. She was just a high school student anyway.

She then realized she had been standing in the middle for a minute now. She saw some sofas placed on the right side of the lobby which seemed like a waiting corner for visitors. She lowered her head as she walked there.

She chose a seat and tried to make herself comfortable, but she couldn't feel so. The thought of Kris being the owner of the whole building and her, an ordinary non-special high school girl who got 40 in accounting, being on his side made her question whether she was even worthy of the position.

Then, a lady in uniform approached her. She was wearing a black pencil skirt and a black blazer with a stripe of golden line circling the edge of each sleeves and along the collar. A golden brooch of the Wu dragon adorned the left side of her chest. She stared at Yeojin with what seemed to be a forced smile.

"Hello," the lady greeted. "Can I help you, miss?" She asked eyeing Yeojin's school uniform.

"Oh. I'm just gonna wait for someone," Yeojin nervously answered. "He's probably going to be here any minute."

"Oh." The lady nodded. "Can I see your ID?" She asked opening up her hand.

Yeojin nodded and took out her ID from the bag. She placed it on the lady's hand with a bob of her head

"So, whom are you waiting for if I may ask?" She asked as she read Yeojin's name on her ID.

Yeojin's heart pounded at the question she had been wishing she wouldn't be asked. "Uhm... It's...." She thought of how to answer it as she took the ID that the lady handed back. "It's... Kris Wu."

As Yeojin expected, the lady's eyes rounded in surprise at the mention of the mention. "Chairman Wu?" Yeojin nodded. "Do you have an appointment?"

"Well, not exactly. It was all so sudden."

"May I ask who you are to him?" Her tone suddenly had no more trace of friendliness.

Yeojin expected it though. It must be the first time the company was visited by a high school girl who came in with mouth agape at the building's grandeur like the whole thing was an alien. But now Yeojin was stumped by the question.

Oh, lady! You don't wanna know who I really am to him. I can't tell you either.

Yeojin glanced up at the lady and she was raising her brow gesturing for her to answer. She bit down her lip.

What am I supposed to answer now? Should I just come clean and say I'm his wife? Being his wife equals to being the owner of this building right? Yeojin thought, but mentally slapped herself. What the hell, Yeojin? Okay, no! A girl in a freaking high school uniform, Kris Wu's wife? That sounded weird even in my head.

"Well?" The lady now crossed her arms.

"I'm his sister," she meekly answered. Yeojin could hear the lady's light scoff.

"Your ID card says your last name is Kwon, not Wu."

"But I'm-"

"If you're his sister, then I'm his wife," the lady mocked.

What? Lady, I really wish you were, and not me.

"I'm sorry. If you're one of his teenage fans, then please don't bother him here. This is a work place, kid."

"But I'm not his-"

"Security!" The lady called.

"Wait. What?" Yeojin stood up. "You don't understand."

"Security!" She called again and a second later, the security whom Yeojin encountered with earlier entered and walked to them.

"Please, show this girl the way out."

The security bobbed his head and grabbed Yeojin's arm. "Miss, please follow me," he politely said.

"But I have to wait for Kris."

"Miss, I'm sorry but this is no place for high school girl," he said.

"No. You don't understand. Your chairman was the one who told me to wait."

"I'm sorry, but I have to force you out now." The security tightened his grip on her upper arm and started pulling her.

"What is this all about?" A cold voice suddenly interrupted.

The lady let out a little gasp before giving a bow. The security let go of Yeojin's arm and gave a bow too.

About time. Yeojin rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Chairman," the lady spoke, lowering her head and not daring to look at Kris in the eyes. "This girl here is asking to see you. She said she's your sister. But I know she's lying and you have a lot to do, so don't worry, sir. I'll take care of her."

Mr. Lee, who was standing beside Kris, looked panicked when she said that. He glanced at the Chairman, hoping he wouldn't burst out in rage.

"You're right. She lied," Kris replied calmly.

What the? Yeojin's eyes rounded and her lips parted.

Bur Kris wasn't finished. "She didn't ask to see me. I did."

His answer gave the lady and the security a shock. His cold tone just made them shiver more.

"And yes, she's not my sister." He walked toward Yeojin and put an arm around her shoulders. "But she's a family. So no one," he glared at his two employees, "is allowed to touch her. Understand?"

They both nodded rapidly as Kris leaded Yeojin to the elevator with Mr. Lee trailing behind them. Once they were in the confinement of the elevator, Yeojin sighed in relief, but she noticed Kris had not let go of her. She glanced at his hand resting on shoulder and then looked up at him who was staring ahead. She wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tell him to let go. She took her gaze away and stared on the ground.

"She's a family" His words earlier rang in her mind.

So he finally sees me as a family now? A small smile broke on her face only for it to disappear the next second. No. He just said it because he was pissed off by his employees. Yeojin pursed her lips.

Once they arrived at his floor, Kris led them to his office and told Mr. Lee to come back when the meeting was to start. Mr. Lee left the pair with a smile. Yeojin was already gaping again at his office. Kris silently watched her, amused at her reaction.

"Close your mouth already," he commented as he walked past her to his desk.

Yeojin closed , feeling a little embarrassed. "Was it necessary though for you to say it that way to them?" She asked approaching his desk.

Kris took off his suit jacket and draped it on his chair. "They treated you wrongly, so yes, it was necessary." He loosened his neck tie and tidied up the papers on his desk.

Yeojin scoffed as she took a seat across him and placed the plastic bag full of snacks on the table. "You care about how I'm treated now?" She crossed her arms.

Kris paused and raised his eyes to hers. "You're my wife," he replied with no trace of joke.

Yeojin felt her heart skipped a beat at his words. Her lips parted as she tried to reply. But what should she say?

Wait, what did I just say? Kris closed his mouth. Damage control, Kris! He cleared his throat. "So I'm the only one who could treat you like that," he added.

Yeojin blinked several times. Of course! What was I expecting? She rolled her eyes.

Kris told her to take out her accounting text book and she did. He sauntered to her side.

"Why here, by the way? Isn't this going to cause rumors?" She asked as she placed the book on the table.

"What's this?" Kris asked pointing at the plastic bag and Yeojin immediately moved it to the ground instead.

"Oh these are just snacks Sehun bought for me."

Kris' eye twitched at the name. "He bought you things now?" He crossed his arms.

Yeojin shrugged. "These are just for tutoring. He knew I couldn't focus without snacks, so yeah."

"Whatever." He uncrossed his arms and bended down placing a hand on the table to propped himself while his other hand rested on the back of Yeojin's seat.

Yeojin flinched at the close distance, but then she shrugged the feeling off and started opening her text book.

"I chose here because as I've told you, I'll have another meeting here in one and half hour. And," he turned his head to Yeojin, but was startled himself by the proximity. He was quick to regain his composure though and continued, "I wanted to pressure you."

"What?!"

"I wanted you to see how big of a title you're bearing- and had gotten yourself into- as my wife. So you better not slack off even in your studies. Imagine what it would be like if you graduated with a blot in your academic record, and then you're announced as the wife of Kris Wu."

Yeojin gulped just imagining it, but then she knitted her brows. "But we're going to get a divorce anyway."

"Have you forgotten?" Kris straightened his back and crossed his arms. "We agreed to get a divorce after our third anniversary. Our moms and Grandpa wanted to officially announce our status to the public some time after your graduation. And your graduation would take place before our anniversary. So unless we could prevent or prolong them from doing so, you better study hard. Now, enough with the talking. Show me what he's been teaching you." He went back to his initial position.

Yeojin pouted, but she complied and took out her notebook. Some time later, Kris moved to sit on the desk instead as he explained to her. Yeojin had to admit that being tutored by Sehun was great, but being tutored by Kris was a whole new level. But she amazingly understood what he taught her and could even focus without opening up the snacks. Probably the whole 'Pressure Method' really worked.

One and a half hour passed by, and they were interrupted by a knock on the door. Mr. Lee entered, but he then paused in his steps when he saw the pair was still talking with each other.

"Yes, Mr. Lee?" Kris turned his attention to the older man.

"Pardon me for interrupting, sir." He bowed. "The meeting is about to start in a few minutes."

"Ah, right!" Kris looked at his watch and strode to his seat to take his suit jacket. He quickly put it on and took his tablet. He walked for the door, but he then stopped and turned around to Yeojin. "Oh! You just wait here. We'll go back together."

"A-alright." She nodded and Kris turned around. "K-kris!" She called out and he turned back around to her. She stood up and approached him. "Your tie."

"Huh?" Kris quirk an eyebrow.

Yeojin reached for his loose necktie and pulled the narrow end to fasten the tie. Kris was flustered by her action, so he just looked away, trying to avoid staring at her. Mr. Lee who was watching them from the door was the one who blushed at the sight instead.

Realizing what she was doing, Yeojin took a step back and cleared , rubbing the nape of her neck. "You're good to go now," she said while avoiding his eyes.

"O-oh. Yeah." Kris regained himself and walked to the door. "Just go study by yourself first."

"Yeah." Yeojin nodded and was then left alone in his office.

An hour passed, but Kris still had not come back. Yeojin was feeling bored. She had played on his chair, played with his stationeries, jumped on his couch to relief stress and she had eaten some of the snacks Sehun bought her.

As she lied on the couch, she took out her phone and unlocked it to see if there was any message. "Well that's weird. That guy usually pestered me with text messages," Yeojin mumbled. "Is he possibly angry with me?" She wondered with a pout. She remembered seeing Sehun's tensed jaws and his balled fists. "Why was he even angry?"

A knock on the door startled her and she fell from the couch with a thud.

"Miss Yeojin?" Mr. Lee called as he entered the room.

"Yes?" Yeojin stood up, wincing at the pain from falling.

"Oh! There you are. This is for you, miss." He handed her a brown paper bag.

Yeojin took it and asked, "What is this, Mr. Lee?"

"Dessert from a well known cafe not far from here." The man smiled.

"Dessert?" Yeojin's eyes twinkled and she took the small box inside the paper bag. She opened the box and her eyes twinkled more when she saw the cake inside. "Oh, thank you Mr. Lee!"

Mr. Lee chuckled and shook his head. "You should thank the Chairman, Miss. He went out of the meeting room earlier and told me to buy it for you because he knew the meeting would still be long. He said you might starve and couldn't focus on studying if you're hungry."

Yeojin just blinked and looked at the cake in her hands.

"I have to go down again. Enjoy the dessert, Miss." He bowed and exited the room leaving Yeojin again.

A smile played on her lips. I thought you don't care anymore.



It was already 8 o'clock when Kris entered his office again along with Mr. Lee.

"You only have one meeting for tomorrow and the rest was just invitations to lunch, coffee breaks, or dinner, sir," Mr. Lee read his schedule from the tablet.

"In other words, they're meetings in disguise," Kris mumbled.

Kris looked around for Yeojin and found her sleeping on the couch. He saw emptied bags of chips on the coffee table. Beside them was the box of cake he told Mr. Lee to buy. He smiled seeing it empty.

"Is there anything I should help you with, Chairman?" Mr. Lee meekly asked.

"No. You can go now."

"Very well then, sir." Mr. Lee bobbed his head.

Kris took a glance at the sleeping figure and saw how tired she was.

"Wait. Mr. Lee," Kris called and the man stopped in his steps.

"Yes, Chairman?"

"Clear up my schedule for tomorrow starting from 4 o'clock." He draped his suit jacket over Yeojin.

"Sir?"

"Tell them I have family urgency." He rolled up his sleeves.

"But Chairman-" Mr. Lee saw how Kris' eyes lingered on Yeojin for awhile and nodded. "Very well, sir."

"Good. Now you may go." Kris dismissed him and the man bowed before exiting the room.

Kris turned to look at the bags of chips and some of Yeojin's scattered worksheets. He put his hands on his hip. He pivoted his head to the sleeping girl and gave her a mocking glare. "Look at this! So now you're leaving me to do housewife job of cleaning up the mess?" He scolded her though he knew she wouldn't retorted because she was still asleep. "Fine!" He smirked. "You so owe me for this." He turned back around and started cleaning up the mess.


 

"So," Mrs. Kwon passed the plate of kimchi to Jinho, "Kris is the one tutoring Yeojin now?" She asked Lin.

Lin nodded with a grin. "Yes, auntie. She was initially tutored by our school's president, but Gege is taking the role now."

"Wasn't the teacher the one who assigned who to tutor her?" Mrs. Wu asked and Lin nodded taking sip of her drink. "How did Kris end up being the tutor?"

"Oh. Miss Moon was Gege's teacher too back then. He called her to volunteer as the tutor," Lin answered nonchalantly.

"He called to volunteer?!" Both moms replied in unison with widened eyes which startled Lin.

"Uh, yeah."

The moms and Grandpa exchanged looks before they suddenly erupted into laughters.

"Hoho he's melting down for sure," Grandpa commented.

The others laughed agreeing.

And he's probably slowly falling for her at this point. Grandpa smiled.