Romantic Friend

YOU Got Married

"He's got to stop doing this." Kyoung Mi shook her head as she picked up another gift on her front door.

It's been weeks and every morning, since the last time she and Jaejoong met, she's been receiving flowers, chocolates and small stuffed animals on her doorstep. Each one having a card with a short note saying things like, "I still love you, do you love me too?" "Can I make you fall for me again?" "He's not so good looking, come back to me." "His feet smell, mine are better"

A smile lurked onto Kyoung Mi's lips as she read today's card, "I'll never get tired of doing this. It feels like it's already part of my daily routine. Whether you come back to me or not, but I DO HOPE YOU WILL, I'll keep sending you letters on your doorstep. Even if we live together, even if we're the only humans who are still using paper, I will leave a note to just make you smile."

The next morning, Kyoung Mi waited for the letter sender behind her door. As soon as she heard the man's footsteps in front of her door, she opened it.

Jaejoong was wearing casual clothes without a hat nor a mask, not even sun glasses. He was squatting on the floor with a Pomeranian puppy in hand.

"What do you think you're doing Jae?" Kyoung Mi chuckled.

"Oh you're up early~" he replied as he stood up.

She quickly went to him and gave him a tight hug.

Jaejoong lifted his arms and wrapped them around her.

"Jaejoong-ah." she mumbled. "Thank you."

He smiled as he placed his head on top of hers.

"Thanks, a lot." she looked up at him, "I definitely can't live without you."

He smiled wider and moved his face closer to hers.

"That's why I want you to stay in my life..."

He inched his face even closer but she moved back.

"As my best friend." said she, while moving away from the hug.

"WHAT?" Jaejoong exclaimed making the puppy on the floor jump a bit.

"Our relationship back then wasn't bad. We were bestfriends yet lovers." Kyoung Mi explained.

"And I prefer it that way!" Jaejoong whined.

"Don't be a baby Jae. We can work this out. I mean, I'm dating Jungmin now-"

"No. You can't. Let's go back to how we were!"

"Jaejoong please. Who are we kidding? We were both at fault the last time we had a fight. Just proves that we're crazy enough to hurt each other."

"No, it means that we care too much for each other that we get confused about what we feel."

"Let's just be friends Jae. Please? We can hang out. Uhmm... watch movies, give each other advice... uh... just like old times. Except you can't kiss or touch me like before." she reasoned.

Jaejoong knew he was losing in this argument. So he shrugged his shoulder and sighed in defeat.

"fine then. But keep MiJoong." he pointed to the puppy. 

Kyoung Mi picked the puppy up, "I prefer the stuffed ones coz they don't have to be fed. But thanks and... MiJoong?  Jae are you kidding?"

Jaejoong turned his back on her and began walking away.

-----------------------------------------------

"She asked me to be her bestfriend. BEST FRIEND." Jaejoong complained to the other two members on his couch.

Junsu sighed and Yoochun patted Jaejoong's back.

"Hyung, at least she still wants you around. After what you did and said to her, I thought she'd totally shut you off and spread ugly rumors like wildfire. Be thankful that she's a nice girl." Yoochun comforted.

"A very nice girl that you lost. Because of your 'confused heart' Hyung." Junsu mocked.

Jaejoong glared at JYJ's youngest.

Yoochun breathed out then spoke, "Just treasure her as a friend. She'll appreciate you more. I mean, at least she won't hate you."

--------------------------------------

Kyoung Mi readied herself for a scolding after telling Jungmin that she decided to remain friends with her ex.

"I see..." was all Jungmin replied.

The girl looked at him with a bit of shock, "it's okay with you?"

"Sure, why not? I keep in touch with my ex girlfriends too."

"Okay..."

"This won't be a problem between us will it?"

"No. No, I guess not. So how are you and your former girlfriends? Do you, like, hang out and stuff?"

"They invite me to social gatherings but don't worry. I always go with a group."

"oh okay"