Chapter 8

Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person POV

The Elder was content with the outcome of this situation. Not because the girl survived.

 Well it would have been a bit inconvenient to find a solider with her qualities that could replace her, but that was nothing he would be concerned about.

He finally found one of the things that would give him the power to destroy the government and be the absolute ruler of the new world he would create.

He walked out of the room without sparing the scene before him another glance.

 

Minhi POV

After the Elder left the room I was finally able to express the huge shock toward what just happened.

But besides being shocked I was also very relieved.

But I seemed to be the only one that was glad everything ended like that.

 Because as I turned to Lay, who still was by my side and held my shoulders probably afraid, I would fall to the ground the moment he let go of me, I was greeted with angry eyes.

I frowned.

Why was he angry with me?

Did I do something to offend him?

 I was about to ask him, but after he made sure I was able to walk without his help he turned around and walked out of the hall without giving me another look.

What the hell happened?!

 I turned to Eunji, I honestly almost forgot that she was there, and gave her an apologetic look.

“I’m sorry but can you wait here for a moment?”

With that I dashed out of the hall and tried to find Lay.

Even though the Elder probably already made an announcement that there were new members in the headquarters, there was the possibility that the people would attack him because they have never seen him before. Sweat ran down my temples.

 Lay healed my wound but there were many other little wounds that he didn’t heal.

 I was also exhausted physically and mentally and all I wanted was to fall in my bed and to stay there forever but no I had to run after a guy who was angry with no reason.

 After what felt like an hour of running I saw him walking towards one of the abandoned trains.

How he came this far in that short amount of time I don’t know.

I sprinted forward and grabbed his shoulder.

“Are you crazy? Do you know what could have happened if someone would have been just a little bit suspicious of you?!”

 He turned around with an enraged face.

 “I am crazy?! Then what was that you have done in the hall earlier? You had no idea if I really could heal! You could have died!”

Whoa what right did he have to be angry if it was my life I played with not his?!

“Of course it was risky but I know what I am doing! I am used to getting hurt and after a week of resting everything would have been ok so calm down!”

 He scoffed. “Oh yeah I forgot that you are some sort of superwoman nothing can kill the amazing Minhi!”

Is he mad?!

“I am not, but I survived much serve injuries. Why the hell are you so ing angry?!”

“Why am I so angry?!”

He lifted one of my arms where a long gash reached from my wrist to my elbow.

“You are ing reckless and you are so busy taking care of the safety of others that you forget that you are also only human!”

 He grabbed my upper arm that had a big bruise and I winced.

He pushed my sleeve upward and revealed the big bruise on my arm.

His voice became a bit softer.

“Where else are you hurt?”

He ran his thumb over the gash under my eye where the bullet grazed me.

Should I tell him? He would just become angry again but I don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter