Chapter 16

Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhi PoV

To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

That was surely not what I expected…

It’s not that it was unpleasant but I am not sure what to make out of it.

My thoughts were interrupted by two angry voices. 

“This bastard!” 

“I am going to kill him!”

 Baekhyun smacked a last kiss on my lips before he pulled away. “See you later beautiful, but now I have to run.”

 “How dare you to kiss her again?!”

 Baekhyun began to run and Kai, Luhan and Lay chased him down the hill, were they ran around until they caught him and began wrestling on the ground. I sat down and looked at the scene in front of me.

The now playful fight and laughter from the boys came to my ears.

The hill was mesmerizing.

 The sun started to set and covered everything in a golden hue.

The grass beneath my fingers was still warm from the sun, the light breeze played with my hair and a content smile formed on my lips.

 I felt content just sitting here watching the boys and enjoying the last sun rays of the day.

When everything is over this is where I want to live, I will build a house right here and every day I will sit here and say goodbye to the day and welcome a new one.

 In this moment I made a promise to myself, when the fight against the government is won and I am no longer needed as a commander I will live here and maybe I will take the boys with me, only if they want of course. I am curious about the rest of the boys.

Will I get along well with them?

 Will I even be able to find all of them?

 Will they be able to do what they have to?

Will I be able to?

 There were many questions in my head that I can’t answer but I knew one thing for sure that I, after a long time, finally felt genuine happiness. 

With this in mind I stood up and called for the boys.

“We need to go back, it’s getting late!”

They looked up to me out of their pile of bodies.

They somehow reminded me of little puppies. “

We still have to test your physical abilities.”

Luhan smirked. “You do know that you have the tendency to use ambiguous sentences?”

 “And you have the tendency to be overly erted!”

 He just winked at me and instantly regretted wanting to live together with them.

 I must have gone crazy for a moment, probably the side effects of the kiss.

Kai came over to me and took my hand in his.

 I am still not used to him touching me and talking to me

. Well he still was not a guy of many words.

 Lay began touching my forehead.

 I looked irritated at him. “What are you doing?” 

“I’m checking if he gave you some kind of disease with that filthy kiss.”

 I shook his hand off. “Stop with that nonsense.”

 Baekhyun stood there arms crossed in front of his chest. “Yeah! That kiss was not filthy! Minhi, you agree don’t you?”

 I shook my head and looked pleadingly at Kai.

He grinned at me and ruffled my hair before telling the others to come close.

 “Hey, Minhi say something! You can’t just ignore me you…”

 In that moment Kai teleported us back into the HQ.

He got better and better at this teleportation thing. Luckily Baekhyun now felt more like vomiting than whining.

 I too felt a slight nausea but Kai rubbed my back and it immediately got better. 

“So I think this was enough action for one day. We all should go to sleep. Tomorrow we will examine Baekhyun and you guys will start your individual training. We may have to pay another visit to the black market. Please show Baekhyun his room and we will meet again tomorrow.” 

With that I turned around and walked to my room, not wanting to start another argument about how they don’t like Key or the black market in general.

  I sent a recruit to report to the Elder that I found another one.

 I didn’t feel great about the Elders plan. I don’t know why but I have this feeling of regret in me every time I find one of the boys.

I know that it is our only chance to win but do we have to drag these boys into our mess?

They have enough burdens on their shoulders as it is, hurting or even killing other people shouldn’t be added to that burden.

 I hope the time were they have to kill will not happen any time soon and I will do my best to not let it happen any time soon.

I finally reached my room and lay in my bed after changing my clothes.

What I didn’t know was that jet another dream would visit me during my sleep.

 

I stood in front of a small house located in an equally small village.

It was nice though, it had a homey feeling to it. It seemed to hold a lot of happy memories.

I looked around me the village was quiet not a noise could be heard. I actually never visited a village before I always lived in the underground all I knew was the busy city but I think this village is something one could call a home and I felt instantly jealous towards everyone living here.

Felling a pull coming from the house I stepped on its doorstep and carefully opened the door.

I gasped at the sight in front of me. Everything was trashed nothing stood in its place and very few items were not broken.

Everywhere laid shreds of glass and porcelain.

What happened here?

Did someone break in or was there a fight?

 I hoped that there were no people still in the house because in this state it was unlikely that they were okay.

 In any case I should start searching what if there were still people in here and they were severely injured?

As I emerged further into the house I started to hear faint cries.

They sounded like a little child’s.

I followed the cries and stopped in front of a closed door.

I tried to open it but it wouldn’t budge no matter how hard I tried.

 I pressed with my whole body against it but it was like it was made out of steel or something.

I hammered against the door, slightly panicked.

What if the kid was looked in on purpose and was injured?

The cries got even louder but the damn door wouldn’t budge.

“I will find a way in don’t worry! I will get you out of there!”

Suddenly the cries stopped. “But I don’t want to get out of here.”

I was shocked at the child’s words not because of what he said but because of his voice it was void of all emotions it was completely blank.

 “But you cried just a moment ago. I just want to help you.”

 I was more than confused. “But I don’t want your help. You are just going to look at me like all the others.”

What is he talking about?

“I won’t I promise.”

It followed a short silence before he spoke again.

“Something is telling me that I can trust you but I don’t want to trust you.”

This kid was seriously creepy with his emotionless voice but to me he seemed more pitiful than scary.

Before I could say anything more I was pulled out of my dream and woke up.

 

My eyes opened and I was just as confused as I was after my first dream.

 It’s strange that I still remember it. In all the old books I read about dream it says that you can’t remember your dreams.

 I sat up and remised the first dream I had and compared it to the one I just had.

They were different jet similar.

 They both were about a young boy who obviously was sad because of something.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter